Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #121
crallard
Earning My Ears

Has there been a new updated FE list? It seem like more have joined. Trying to wrap up my projects before the holidays....welcome to all the new ones to this board.
crallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #122
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnK View Post
This is our first Disney cruise. How many have you been on? What kind of benefits do you receive after the first one?
This will be my 17th Disney cruise. I've been on all four ships, mostly doing 7-night sailings. But it will be my husband's first Disney cruise.

Since I am Platinum level (there are currently 3 levels) I have not kept up with the exact benefits for Silver and Gold. But AFTER you complete your first Disney cruise, for your next cruise you can make your online ressies (for port adventures, Palo, Remy, etc.) at 90 days. You also receive a Castaway Club gift onboard. At the moment it is a nice daypack backpack with a few items in it. Someone else who is Silver should be able to better answer though.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #123
torontodisneyfan
Little known fact: Mickey is Canadian

milestone!

Just about at the 200 day mark!
DCL: 8 day The Fantasy-E Caribbean May 2012, 8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean May 2013,8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean (incl Jamaica) May 2014
torontodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #124
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crallard View Post
Has there been a new updated FE list? It seem like more have joined. Trying to wrap up my projects before the holidays....welcome to all the new ones to this board.
I don't think it has been updated in a while. There have been some request for more details so people can customize gifts, but we need to figure out a secure way to do that bc I know some (ME) don't want all of our kids info out on these boards.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #125
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontodisneyfan
Woo hoo!!!! Can't wait!

November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #126
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
I don't think it has been updated in a while. There have been some request for more details so people can customize gifts, but we need to figure out a secure way to do that bc I know some (ME) don't want all of our kids info out on these boards.
Even though I don't have kids and am not participating in the FE, I understand the privacy concerns. When joining the FB group, I created a secondary account using my user name instead of my first name. It keeps my regular FB account separate but allows everyone to know that I am user "Taswira" from the boards.

I know that somewhere on this thread is a link to the FE list on Google Docs. Anyone with the link can view it. That could be changed, but then each individual would need to be granted access. If a list was placed in the "Files" section of our private group on Facebook, at least only those in the group could access it. But in the end, the CMs all over the ship will be calling your children by their names, just as they do with adults. All parents should make sure their children understand that just because a stranger knows their name does not mean they can be trusted, unless YOU say so.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #127
pekollie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontodisneyfan
Whoot. Can't wait!!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #128
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira
Even though I don't have kids and am not participating in the FE, I understand the privacy concerns. When joining the FB group, I created a secondary account using my user name instead of my first name. It keeps my regular FB account separate but allows everyone to know that I am user "Taswira" from the boards.

I know that somewhere on this thread is a link to the FE list on Google Docs. Anyone with the link can view it. That could be changed, but then each individual would need to be granted access. If a list was placed in the "Files" section of our private group on Facebook, at least only those in the group could access it. But in the end, the CMs all over the ship will be calling your children by their names, just as they do with adults. All parents should make sure their children understand that just because a stranger knows their name does not mean they can be trusted, unless YOU say so.
I appreciate all your Disney cruise knowledge! Have you rented a cabana? Are you doing it this cruise? We are trying to get one on the family beach and I was wondering how fast they go. I was reading that because we are concierge there should be availability. Did you have any issues before if you have booked one?

May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
Old 10-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #129
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
I appreciate all your Disney cruise knowledge! Have you rented a cabana? Are you doing it this cruise? We are trying to get one on the family beach and I was wondering how fast they go. I was reading that because we are concierge there should be availability. Did you have any issues before if you have booked one?
I booked one twice this year, for both the Dream and the Fantasy at the family beach, but canceled both a couple of weeks or more prior to sailing. I was cruising with a friend who thought she wanted a cabana, but that wasn't something I wanted to do, so I think she plans to get one on her Fantasy solo cruise next year.

I booked the cabana at the 120 day point both times. It didn't take long for there to be no further availability.

This cruise will be the first time my hubby has sailed with me, and I MAY book a cabana even though he is not the sedentary type and so far it hasn't sounded appealing to him. If I am going to have a cabana, I want it to be when my husband is with me. But since he plans to do the Seahorse Snorkel Adventure and that takes maybe 2.5 hours, then it would take him even longer to get to the cabana (ADULT for Serenity Bay this time) after the excursion, I am trying to decide if it would even be worth it.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #130
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I booked one twice this year, for both the Dream and the Fantasy at the family beach, but canceled both a couple of weeks or more prior to sailing. I was cruising with a friend who thought she wanted a cabana, but that wasn't something I wanted to do, so I think she plans to get one on her Fantasy solo cruise next year.

I booked the cabana at the 120 day point both times. It didn't take long for there to be no further availability.

This cruise will be the first time my hubby has sailed with me, and I MAY book a cabana even though he is not the sedentary type and so far it hasn't sounded appealing to him. If I am going to have a cabana, I want it to be when my husband is with me. But since he plans to do the Seahorse Snorkel Adventure and that takes maybe 2.5 hours, then it would take him even longer to get to the cabana (ADULT for Serenity Bay this time) after the excursion, I am trying to decide if it would even be worth it.
Did you book at 12 on the 120 mark? Thanks for the info!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #131
taswira

Yes. I think by 12:03 I had the cabana, Palo Brunch, Palo High Tea (This was April before they stopped having it), and Palo Dinner booked.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #132
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes. I think by 12:03 I had the cabana, Palo Brunch, Palo High Tea (This was April before they stopped having it), and Palo Dinner booked.
Fantastic I will be sure to be up that night!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #133
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Pirate Night

How can you tell which night is Pirate Night? Is it always Cozumel night? Thanks!
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #134
taswira

Yes, Wednesday, Cozumel day. However, as with anything, DCL always has the freedom to switch things around if for any reason they see fit.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #135
Kaylad2006
Mouseketeer

Can't wait

This will be our 2nd trip on the Fantasy - last year we went April 28th, we wanted to go the same week, but this week had to change to the May 11th booking....Looking forward to it!
April 2012 - Disney Fantasy - Western
January 2013 - Disney - Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 2013- Disney Fantasy - Western
Kaylad2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: