Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #91
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjduncan View Post

I know I'm crazy, but since this will be our first family cruise (our girls are 7 and 9), I fear that 7 nights is going to be too long. I've read umpteen threads where people say there is so much to do, but I still worry. I'm crazy, right?
You aren't crazy but once you get onboard you will think WHY was I worried. They will have a blast! We have only cruised on DCL, but our first was 3 days then we did 4 days, now I can't wait for the 7 day. My kids didn't want to leave the ship, we were even headed to WDW and they both told us they preferred the ship.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #92
kjduncan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
You aren't crazy but once you get onboard you will think WHY was I worried. They will have a blast! We have only cruised on DCL, but our first was 3 days then we did 4 days, now I can't wait for the 7 day. My kids didn't want to leave the ship, we were even headed to WDW and they both told us they preferred the ship.
Thanks! I know you're right, but it's nice to hear it repeated. Also, that's so good to hear about your kids preferring DCL to WDW. That was another fear for me. We all LOVE WDW so much, and I've been having second thoughts of choosing the cruise over the parks. But my husband was ready for a break from the commando park touring, and I thought this would be a nice compromise and still give us that Disney fix!
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #93
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira
hmangus - 6 of you? Did you manage to get connecting cabins? Welcome to the May 11th Fantasy!
We didn't get connecting the two rooms are on concierge 12. I'm hoping to upgrade at the port to a 1br to connect to the other room!

November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
April 2016 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #94
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

We are also Concierge deck 12, but in a Cat. T suite on the bump-out. I was spoiled by the suite twice this year and want my hubby to experience it. It's my 17th DCL cruise but his first. It's my present to him for our 23rd anniversary.

I don't think there are any suites left on our cruise unless someone cancels. Last month there was one still showing on deck 11, but now if you actually try to select a Cat. T and continue, a message at the top says it's no longer available.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #95
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira
We are also Concierge deck 12, but in a Cat. T suite on the bump-out. I was spoiled by the suite twice this year and want my hubby to experience it. It's my 17th DCL cruise but his first. It's my present to him for our 23rd anniversary.

I don't think there are any suites left on our cruise unless someone cancels. Last month there was one still showing on deck 11, but now if you actually try to select a Cat. T and continue, a message at the top says it's no longer available.
Boo! Well at least we are able to be in the concierge level! This is our first time using it! Hope to see you around in the lounge and sundeck!

May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #96
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
Boo! Well at least we are able to be in the concierge level! This is our first time using it! Hope to see you around in the lounge and sundeck!
There is always the chance someone could change dates and something would open up, but mid-May is a popular time to sail so you can't really count on it. Even without it, you will really enjoy Concierge and especially being on deck 12. It's so convenient to the lounge and sundeck. The onboard Concierge Team is WONDERFUL!

We'll probably run into you often.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #97
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Anyone doing something special for Mother's Day on the cruise? Just wondering? My mom (mother of 3 DD) and me (1 DS) were planning on get a fire and ice pedicure? Does disney do something for the moms?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #98
HarrisFamily4
Earning My Ears

*** DCL Fantasy - May 11 - FACEBOOK Group ***

Hi All,

I've set up a group on Facebook simply titled: DCL Fantasy - May 11, 2013. here is the link to the group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/352833278144429/

I'm going on the Fantasy on Nov 24th and part of that FB page and it's non-stop fun, sharing ideas, setting up playdates for the kids, shore excursion discussions and easy to stay on top of things. Sign up if you like to, and I typically check in every day !!!!

Trent
HarrisFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #99
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisFamily4
Hi All,

I've set up a group on Facebook simply titled: DCL Fantasy - May 11, 2013. here is the link to the group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/352833278144429/

I'm going on the Fantasy on Nov 24th and part of that FB page and it's non-stop fun, sharing ideas, setting up playdates for the kids, shore excursion discussions and easy to stay on top of things. Sign up if you like to, and I typically check in every day !!!!

Trent
We already have one set up. If you look on the last page it is there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #100
taswira

For those new to this thread who don't read previous pages, the original and active FB group for this cruise is at http://www.facebook.com/groups/479540355413485/

The group is growing. It is a private "closed group" so you need to request to join and verify that you are on this cruise. You can send a PM to DisneyCrazMom, who is admin for the group (THANK YOU for doing that! ). Perhaps this thread's OP could add the link to the first post so those joining this cruise can easily find it.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #101
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
For those new to this thread who don't read previous pages, the original and active FB group for this cruise is at http://www.facebook.com/groups/479540355413485/

The group is growing. It is a private "closed group" so you need to request to join and verify that you are on this cruise. You can send a PM to DisneyCrazMom, who is admin for the group (THANK YOU for doing that! ). Perhaps this thread's OP could add the link to the first post so those joining this cruise can easily find it.
Thank you for reposting the FB, I couldn't figure out how to do it on my ipad last night.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #102
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
Anyone doing something special for Mother's Day on the cruise? Just wondering? My mom (mother of 3 DD) and me (1 DS) were planning on get a fire and ice pedicure? Does disney do something for the moms?
OMG, I didn't even realize we were cruising during Mother's Day! Well I will be sure to let my DH know so that he and the kids can plan something for me.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #103
hmangus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom

OMG, I didn't even realize we were cruising during Mother's Day! Well I will be sure to let my DH know so that he and the kids can plan something for me.
Lol I agree my DH is paying for both my mom and my pedicure!!! I'm sure disney has something planned!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #104
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post

We are also on the May 11 sailing in 12518. Me, DH, DD11 and DS10. We are also spending a few days at WDW after, hoping to catch SWW.
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #105
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordis View Post
We are also on the May 11 sailing in 12518. Me, DH, DD11 and DS10. We are also spending a few days at WDW after, hoping to catch SWW.
Cool!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: