Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #76
HookedOnK
Earning My Ears

Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people that kept having FB change my privacy setting every two months... leaving my info available to anyone... I have since stopped using FB...

I have the DIS app on my iPhone, so I receive instant notifications when posts are made... Pretty cool.

On another topic... I was hoping that info regarding FE participants' favorite characters, especially for the kids, could be added to the info given for the FE list... That way gifts can be tailored a bit when possible.

My DH likes "Pirates of the Caribbean" Mickey
I like Mickey and Minnie
My DD (6) likes Rapunzel, Merida from Brave, Ariel and Cinderella
HookedOnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #77
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottes4
I agree, I am more invested in Facebook than the meet boards. Do we have to friend each other, then start a closed group?
I believe we don't have to friend each other, but we could create a closed group. I will try to figure it out. I have the DIS app now on my iPad so maybe for those that don't Facebook I can check in the tread also.
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #78
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnK
Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people that kept having FB change my privacy setting every two months... leaving my info available to anyone... I have since stopped using FB...

I have the DIS app on my iPhone, so I receive instant notifications when posts are made... Pretty cool.

On another topic... I was hoping that info regarding FE participants' favorite characters, especially for the kids, could be added to the info given for the FE list... That way gifts can be tailored a bit when possible.

My DH likes "Pirates of the Caribbean" Mickey
I like Mickey and Minnie
My DD (6) likes Rapunzel, Merida from Brave, Ariel and Cinderella
Not sure how to "quote" multiple ppl on one post still don't post enough to have figured that out. I will try to create a closed group on Facebook but will also be using the DIS app maybe if it is " important" I can also post on this board. Who is organizing FE? I agrees I would like that info added.

Also do we have a "group name" if not can someone suggest one so I can use it for the Facebook group.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #79
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb Facebook

I have set up a closed group on Facebook. As of right now it is "Secret" so I am not even sure you can search for it. I would have liked to have some fun name but I am not that creative.

Now here is the thing, I am not sure how to add people. Is there someone from this cruise that is will to PM your email or facebook email so I can see if I can add you. Feeling a bit clueless.

Maybe once I figure it out we can just make it a closed account. I want to protect our privacy as much as possible and I want to be careful about who we allow to join. I will probably be asking for DIS user name and maybe cabin number. What do you all think?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #80
DreamGirl90
Mouseketeer

I don't think you can add people if it is "secret." I'm not sure.

For a "closed group" people can click to request to join and you can approve or deny. I think you can only add people on your own if they are FB friends of yours. They also need to have their privacy settings set to allow others to add them to groups. It's complicated. It would probably be more effective to post a link to the group here, then approve or deny requests to join.

Are you limiting the group to those from the Dis only, or will it be open to those on this cruise from other boards? Also, those not participating in the FE may not want to provide their stateroom number.
DreamGirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #81
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGirl90
I don't think you can add people if it is "secret." I'm not sure.

For a "closed group" people can click to request to join and you can approve or deny. I think you can only add people on your own if they are FB friends of yours. They also need to have their privacy settings set to allow others to add them to groups. It's complicated. It would probably be more effective to post a link to the group here, then approve or deny requests to join.

Are you limiting the group to those from the Dis only, or will it be open to those on this cruise from other boards? Also, those not participating in the FE may not want to provide their stateroom number.
I can provide a link but I really don't want to just open it up to anyone. I want to be sure it is only people on our cruise not someone that is searching to find out who might have an empty home or varies other creepy things. maybe it is just a bad idea. Other groups have used it and loved it but now I am not sure.

LINK to FACEBOOK Page: When you request to be added I will send an message back checking for DIS user name.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/479540355413485/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by DisneyCrazMom; 10-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #82
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

My DH and I are on this cruise. I PM'd you my info and sent a request on Facebook to join the FB group. Thanks.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #83
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

I also sent a request to join.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #84
lunsusie
DIS Veteran

My son & I will are sailing on this cruise, and I would like to joint the FB group - will sent a request.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 AM   #85
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Sorry so long since my last post. Boy has it been a crazy couple of months. My classes are keeping me busy. I am in the middle of two this session and then I have two left after that and I will have my BA finally. So that has been keeping me busy. I will make it a point to update the FE list by the end of next week.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #86
hmangus
Mouseketeer

We are going on the May 11 Fantasy Cruise!!! Can't wait this will be our first 7 day! 6 of us attending including my 2 year old son! It would be great to meet people traveling with someone around his age!

November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #87
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

hmangus - 6 of you? Did you manage to get connecting cabins? Welcome to the May 11th Fantasy!
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
We are going on the May 11 Fantasy Cruise!!! Can't wait this will be our first 7 day! 6 of us attending including my 2 year old son! It would be great to meet people traveling with someone around his age!
Welcome to the thread. This will be our first 7 day and we are looking forward to it so much, I have always felt like I didn't get to really fully enjoy the ship.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #89
kjduncan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
I can provide a link but I really don't want to just open it up to anyone. I want to be sure it is only people on our cruise not someone that is searching to find out who might have an empty home or varies other creepy things. maybe it is just a bad idea. Other groups have used it and loved it but now I am not sure.

LINK to FACEBOOK Page: When you request to be added I will send an message back checking for DIS user name.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/479540355413485/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for setting up a FB group! I just sent a request to join.

I know I'm crazy, but since this will be our first family cruise (our girls are 7 and 9), I fear that 7 nights is going to be too long. I've read umpteen threads where people say there is so much to do, but I still worry. I'm crazy, right?
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #90
kjduncan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmangus View Post
Welcome aboard! This will be our first Disney cruise and our kids' first cruise!
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: