Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #31
NikkiDrigg
Earning My Ears

Hi there! My family and I are just on our way home from our wonderful May 19 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. We loved it so much we booked this one while onboard. My husband and I will be traveling with our two daughters 3,5. Can't wait to see all of you guys there!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
torontodisneyfan
Little known fact: Mickey is Canadian

I have decided to add 2 or 3 nights at The Art of Animation Resort pre-cruise!

I made the decision after my daughter mentioned that, even though she LOVED our first cruise (May5-12, 2012 aboard The Fantasy), she did miss WDW... especially walking up Main Street USA and, of course, the rides!

I am going to keep that part of our trip a surprise! I only wish I could book it NOW!!

Now to figure out an excuse as to why we are flying to MCO 3 days early!
DCL: 8 day The Fantasy-E Caribbean May 2012, 8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean May 2013,8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean (incl Jamaica) May 2014
torontodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard all who have not given a shout out too. I am working on my Trip Report from our vacation this year aboard the Disney Magic. I will post a link when finished for any one who is interested. We have 11 groups of people on the thread so far. So excited.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Just noticed I had it were only my contacts could message me. I took the block off so now everyone with 10 post or more should be able to PM. If you want participate in the FE just PM and I will Start a list.

Things needed if you want to participate in FE

1. Stateroom #
2. Number of People and Who for example DH, DW, DD etc...
3. Ages of kids for example DD 8 (this is so for people getting gifts can more accurately gauge what to but in the its. You would not get a 6 year old girl the same as 16 year old boy)
4. Anything Celebrating: Anniversary, Birthday, First Cruise etc...
5. email so that I can email every one and excel sheet. (Also please let me know if you would like to maintain your email private or include it in the list)
6. Optional: Last Name-Last time the person organizing the email had us include or last name which made for some awesome personalized FE gifts. But I do understand if you prefer not to share it.

Example from last Cruise:

2021 Feisty Fairy email:**********
DH Frankie
DW Erica
Erica & Frankie's Anniversary

PS I am still willing to take charge of this or if there is anyone else who would rather organize it I would be glad to let you. This is only my second cruise and I have not organized a FE extender before but was active on our FE group last time.

Also would any one like a meet up during the cruise of Disboard people. We had one on my last cruise and it was great.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

Add my family of 4

We rebooked back in May of 2011, so we are ready to get back on a Disney cruise. We are excited to finally be doing a 7 night cruise. This will be DH and I 3rd cruise (all on Disney) and 2nd for my DD (6) & DS (4).

We would love to do the FE, it was one of my children's favorite things on our last cruise.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
We rebooked back in May of 2011, so we are ready to get back on a Disney cruise. We are excited to finally be doing a 7 night cruise. This will be DH and I 3rd cruise (all on Disney) and 2nd for my DD (6) & DS (4).

We would love to do the FE, it was one of my children's favorite things on our last cruise.

Welcome aboard.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #37
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjduncan View Post
Thanks for starting this thread! We are on this cruise also (me, DH, DD 9, and DD 7). This will be our first Disney cruise!! We haven't told the girls yet, but ever since we watched the Cake Boss episode filmed on the Dream, they have been begging to go on a Disney Cruise.

Also, would love to be a part of a FE too!!

Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise next year! It's his 2nd cruise and first Disney cruise - my 4th cruise and second Disney cruise. I did the Magic (I think) with my DD in 2005. The longest cruise we've done is 4 nights, so I'm excited for a longer one!
I just notice y'all where from Alabama. Awesome. I am also from Alabama.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #38
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
I just notice y'all where from Alabama. Awesome. I am also from Alabama.
Hey cool!

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #39
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

May 11, 2013 Western Fantasy?

Anyone else going on that cruise with us?!
We just did the May 19th Eastern Fantasy sailing and LOVED it so much we booked again for next May! I found the meet threads almost right before we went so I wasn't able to meet up with anyone - so I thought I'd get an early start on the board now!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

I am so excited there is a board already started!

We were on the May 19th Eastern Fantasy and loved it so much we booked again. We are already assigned room 10050. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!! Let the countdown begin!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Just noticed I had it were only my contacts could message me. I took the block off so now everyone with 10 post or more should be able to PM. If you want participate in the FE just PM and I will Start a list.
Hi,
I tried to PM you earlier and it didn't work, so after I read your message just now I tried again and I was still told I couldn't do it. Not sure why--I have many more than 10 posts :-) Anyway, we do want to participate in the FE, and I am including our information at the bottom of this message.

My daughter and I just got back from the May 21 Alaska Cruise on the Disney Wonder. We had an absolutely fantastic time and met some really great people in the FE group. Talking to everyone for a year or better before the cruise makes everyone seem like old friends by the time the meet and greet on the ship actually happens :-)

We had originally planned the Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for this year, but when the Alaska cruises were announced last year, we changed our plans and decided to go to Alaska this year instead of to the WC. After some stumbles over when we could actually go, we finally rebooked our WC Fantasy cruise for May 11, 2013, so we will be sailing with you!

We are really excited about sailing on the Fantasy. We were lucky to be on the Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Dream in Jan 2011, and had a fantastic stateroom (6192) which we really wanted to be in again on the Fantasy, but alas, it wasn't available by the time we rebooked for this cruise. Nonetheless, we are looking very forward to this cruise and can't wait to meet you all.

I have listed our FE information below.

1. Stateroom: #6688
2. People sailing: 2 adults--Mary (Peterpan47) and my daughter Christy (Satarma)
3. Ages of kids: No Kids.
4. Celebrating: We celebrate everything Disney! This will be our first cruise as Gold Castaway Club Members.
5. email: maryrobn@comcast.net and clrobn@unm.edu
6. Last Name: Robinson

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

Last edited by peterpan47; 06-15-2012 at 09:44 PM.
peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #42
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Congratulations! I just found out that my DS & DDIL are expecting my first grandchild in January and am beyond excited!!!
Congratulations on your first grandchild to be!! I remember when my DS told me I was going to be a grandma for the first time, I was also beyond excited!! Since then my DS and DDIL have given me a total of 3 beautiful, wonderful grandchildren (two boys 10 & 8, and one girl 6) , and I couldn't be happier. They are the lights of my life :-) You will have such a great time with your grandchild! You will have to write and tell us all when he or she arrives :-)

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
pekollie
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi all!
We are so excited to be booked on this cruise! We are bringing the whole family! We have 9 of us coming along. We would love to participate in the FE! This will be our sixth Disney cruise and we are introducing it to our family. Cant wait to be a part of this fun!

JaJa
Old 06-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
pekollie
Earning My Ears

Quote:

1. Stateroom #
2. Number of People and Who for example DH, DW, DD etc...
3. Ages of kids for example DD 8 (this is so for people getting gifts can more accurately gauge what to but in the its. You would not get a 6 year old girl the same as 16 year old boy)
4. Anything Celebrating: Anniversary, Birthday, First Cruise etc...
5. email so that I can email every one and excel sheet. (Also please let me know if you would like to maintain your email private or include it in the list)
6. Optional: Last Name-Last time the person organizing the email had us include or last name which made for some awesome personalized FE gifts. But I do understand if you prefer not to share it.

Example from last Cruise:

2021 Feisty Fairy email:**********
DH Frankie
DW Erica
Erica & Frankie's Anniversary

PS I am still willing to take charge of this or if there is anyone else who would rather organize it I would be glad to let you. This is only my second cruise and I have not organized a FE extender before but was active on our FE group last time.

Also would any one like a meet up during the cruise of Disboard people. We had one on my last cruise and it was great.
Hey all: here is our information

Room 2521
DH Shawn (42) - Birthday 5/6
DS Kyle (5)
Me JaJa (40)

Room 2517 and 2519 will have grandparents and other family members, will have to see if they want to participate in FEs or not
will post later once we have an answer

Last edited by pekollie; 06-30-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: need to add information
pekollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #45
peterpan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekollie View Post
Hi all!
We are so excited to be booked on this cruise! We are bringing the whole family! We have 9 of us coming along. We would love to participate in the FE! This will be our sixth Disney cruise and we are introducing it to our family. Cant wait to be a part of this fun!
Hi JaJa,
Christy and I just returned from our Alaska cruise. We were on the first cruise of the season that left from Vancouver on May 21 and returned to Seattle on May 28. It was wonderful! I know you'll love it too!

Cruises:

Theme Parks:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: