Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #151
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
I have to go back and read all the posts, but I'm in on this cruise! It'll be me and my DMom. Just the two of us! Can't wait to meet you all, this will be fun! It's our first Disney Cruise, and we've always wanted to do a trip like this. This is going to be great!

If you are on Facebook, visit our private group here and request to join. Send a PM to DisneyCrazMom first to let her know who you are and that you'll be requesting to join the group, as she is the group admin.

Just wondering: I've been curious as to how many adults are sailing without children on this cruise. Are you an adult (18+)? I've never had kids but have taken my mom on a few DCL cruises, sailed once with my grown nephew, a few times with a friend and the rest solo. This will be the first time my husband has agreed to join me. He isn't much into Disney or cruising, but I hope to change that.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #152
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGirl90 View Post
I don't think you can add people if it is "secret." I'm not sure.

For a "closed group" people can click to request to join and you can approve or deny. I think you can only add people on your own if they are FB friends of yours. They also need to have their privacy settings set to allow others to add them to groups. It's complicated. It would probably be more effective to post a link to the group here, then approve or deny requests to join.

Are you limiting the group to those from the Dis only, or will it be open to those on this cruise from other boards? Also, those not participating in the FE may not want to provide their stateroom number.
Stateroom number is only for those that want to participate in the FE exchange. Here is an updated list. I understand the need for privacy and that is why Last names are optional along with first names. I have not included the adults age on the newest version but opted to put Adult instead of an age for privacy reasons for everyone. I have only included ages for the children so appropriate gifts can be given you would not give a 15 year old the same as a 2 year old. I still am having trouble receiving PMs. If everyone wants to they can request me as a friend on here. I know I can receive PMs from friends and them I can PM everyone the list and take the links down on this site if that sounds good to everyone. Also let me know if any additional material needs added or some materials updated. I tried to go back through the posts to update the list and I do not believe I missed anything. I also added the link to the Facebook page and FE list to the first post of this thread but will change if we decide to make the FE totally private through Friend Requests and PMS.

Link for FE moved to first post.

Sorry it has taken so long to update. I just finished two hard classes and am currently illustrating a children's book. That has been keeping me pretty busy.

Welcome aboard everyone.

Last edited by Feisty Fairy; 11-17-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #153
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Yes, Wednesday, Cozumel day. However, as with anything, DCL always has the freedom to switch things around if for any reason they see fit.
Quote:

If you are on Facebook, visit our private group here and request to join. Send a PM to DisneyCrazMom first to let her know who you are and that you'll be requesting to join the group, as she is the group admin.

Just wondering: I've been curious as to how many adults are sailing without children on this cruise. Are you an adult (18+)? I've never had kids but have taken my mom on a few DCL cruises, sailed once with my grown nephew, a few times with a friend and the rest solo. This will be the first time my husband has agreed to join me. He isn't much into Disney or cruising, but I hope to change that.
Just got caught up on the last few pages. So many question! So there is going to be a Pirate Night? What does that involve? And what is FE? I did request to join the group, so I'll send a PM to DisneyCrazMom asap to let her know.

And yes, I am an adult- I'll actually be 27 when we sail. I hope you can change your DH too!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #154
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just got caught up on the last few pages. So many question! So there is going to be a Pirate Night? What does that involve? And what is FE? I did request to join the group, so I'll send a PM to DisneyCrazMom asap to let her know.

And yes, I am an adult- I'll actually be 27 when we sail. I hope you can change your DH too!!
There will be a Pirate Night on Wednesday May 15 which is they day we are at Cozumel. It is great fun. As far as FE is concerned it stands for Fish Extender and in short is a gift exchange for those who want to participate It is explained in this thread further. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1578514. There is also pictures on this link. Hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #155
Kaylad2006
Mouseketeer

FE List

Thanks for the updated list, I hope that at some point you can put a hard stop date to adding to it. The Last trip we where on the Fantasy additions where made a week before making it very difficult. It's great fun, but also a lot of work for some people who really go all out and then the packing!
April 2012 - Disney Fantasy - Western
January 2013 - Disney - Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 2013- Disney Fantasy - Western
Kaylad2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #156
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
There will be a Pirate Night on Wednesday May 15 which is they day we are at Cozumel. It is great fun. As far as FE is concerned it stands for Fish Extender and in short is a gift exchange for those who want to participate It is explained in this thread further. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1578514. There is also pictures on this link. Hope that helps.
Very cool, thanks Feisty Fairy I'm searching for my pirate costume online right now...the only problem I'm finding is most of them are a little too flashy for a family cruise! I have a little bit of time to look still

Now I just have to get on the FE list. This is gonna be great!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #157
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylad2006 View Post
Thanks for the updated list, I hope that at some point you can put a hard stop date to adding to it. The Last trip we where on the Fantasy additions where made a week before making it very difficult. It's great fun, but also a lot of work for some people who really go all out and then the packing!
Since I did the website for that cruise, I recall closing the sign-ups maybe a couple of months prior to sailing. But I guess the person actually in charge of the FE on our cruise kept accepting latecomers when they would request via the thread, PM/email or the FB group (which I did not join for that one). I was not aware of that since I don't participate in the FE.

But for those who do, I agree that you need a FIRM closing date far enough ahead of sailing.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #158
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Since I did the website for that cruise, I recall closing the sign-ups maybe a couple of months prior to sailing. But I guess the person actually in charge of the FE on our cruise kept accepting latecomers when they would request via the thread, PM/email or the FB group (which I did not join for that one). I was not aware of that since I don't participate in the FE.

But for those who do, I agree that you need a FIRM closing date far enough ahead of sailing.
Has anyone thought of creating a logo for our cruise? I am not an artist, so I can't even volunteer, but we have had logos for our previous cruises, and I think it would be nice to have one here. Would that be something that could be done on a cruise website? I haven't seen one of those yet.

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #159
HookedOnK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy

Stateroom number is only for those that want to participate in the FE exchange. Here is an updated list........ Also let me know if any additional material needs added or some materials updated. I tried to go back through the posts to update the list and I do not believe I missed anything.
Hi Feisty Fairy,

Can you add our daughter to the FE list please. Kaitlyn, age 5.

Also, I would really like to know what everyone's favorite character is, including the Adults, but especially the kids that are participating in the FE. For example, my DD loves Rapunzel, my DH likes Pirate Mickey, and I like Pirate Minnie. Of course, this is just extra info that some, like myself, might use in making gifts. I'm not requesting that everything to be limited to just these characters. We do love everything Disney. But if your DS really likes Lightning McQueen, I'd like to know.

I am ready to start making my FE gifts... Just waiting to see if this request can be added to the list info.
HookedOnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #160
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

I have a question about the FE- how exactly does it work? Do you get assigned a new family each day? Do you get the same family for the week? Is it an anonymous "secret Santa" type thing? I've never done anything like this before, so I'm just confused! Thanks everyone for your patience!!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #161
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
I have a question about the FE- how exactly does it work? Do you get assigned a new family each day? Do you get the same family for the week? Is it an anonymous "secret Santa" type thing? I've never done anything like this before, so I'm just confused! Thanks everyone for your patience!!
It's not secret. We put our names on everything we pass out, and the gifts we receive have always had names on them. You can distribute gifts as you determine you want to. Some people come around every day and distribute their gifts daily. We make packets for each person in the cabin, in all cabins participating in the FE, that would include about one gift per day for children and some family/group gifts as well as not quite so many individual adult gifts, and we distribute them to each cabin once, usually distributing one deck per day for the first few days we are on board the ship. This may become even more important on the Fantasy, since it is such a huge ship! There is no set rule for what you do or how you do it. Whatever works for you is what I have always been told, so that's what we do :-)

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #162
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

I finally got my Pm fixed so now it is working if you need to PM me. Updated the list today same link as the 1st post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylad2006 View Post
As stated in an earlier post by me I think March 31st should be the hard stop date to add and take names off unless you think it should be sooner.

Quote:
Very cool, thanks Feisty Fairy I'm searching for my pirate costume online right now...the only problem I'm finding is most of them are a little too flashy for a family cruise! I have a little bit of time to look still

Now I just have to get on the FE list. This is gonna be great!
Added you too the list.

Quote:

If agreed on March 31st, 2013 will be the stop date.

Also as mentioned earlier maybe we could meet up the first day. Possibley at Bon Voyage.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #163
crallard
Earning My Ears

thanks for the updated list...I like the cut off date. We are still keeping the secret on our end .....the kids know nothing. It is so amazing how fast the days are flying by, we will be getting on the ship in no time.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
crallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #164
taswira

FYI to anyone (or their kids) who may be interested - - - "Iron Man 3" (a Disney film) is scheduled to release May 3rd. If it remains on schedule, there is a good chance it will be showing on our cruise.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #165
peterpan47

Quote:
FYI to anyone (or their kids) who may be interested - - - "Iron Man 3" (a Disney film) is scheduled to release May 3rd. If it remains on schedule, there is a good chance it will be showing on our cruise.
That is cool !! On our last cruise the Avengers was a new release and we got to see that one in 3D on the ship :-)

Cruises:

Theme Parks:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: