Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

post deleted

MickeysDuck!!

Last edited by Mickeysduck; 02-18-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Mickeysduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #47
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

I called National, they couldn't answer my question on passport rates, so they transferred me to Orlando where they punched in my ressie number. They told me there was no problems with my contract ID or my reservation, and I don't need a passport. She said just stop by the counter to verify my car upgrade, bring the frequent flyer id, and I was good to go.

MickeysDuck!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #48
Tissa
DIS Veteran

I am booked with this code and I have a KLM membership. What I found odd is that you can not cancel or modify online and when I printed out my confirmation the code # is nothing but xxxxx. I am flying into MCO at Midnight next Friday and I do not want any issues or the stress or worrying. I'm not going to call because that has seemed to be the death of many good codes. I did use another code that I have used in the past and a coupon off the National site and got the same price so I am going to cancel the KLM ressie.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #49
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

This is a standard KLM/AirFrance code, available to any Flying Blue/KLM frequent flyer member. You can get to the code publicly by:

* Go to klm.com
* Select United States
* Click on Flying Blue
* Click on Flying Blue Partners under "Earn and Spend Miles"
* Select "car rentals", and then click Search
* Click on the National/Citer link

You will be presented with a page that describes the Flying Blue miles you can earn, which includes this code. So, any Flying Blue member is entitled to it (I do have status with KLM/AirFrance, by virtue of my status with Delta, but I made sure to log out of my Delta account before doing this.) So, sign up as an AirFrance/KLM Flying Blue member, and press on.

Last edited by Brian Noble; 02-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #50
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
This is a standard KLM/AirFrance code, available to any Flying Blue/KLM frequent flyer member. You can get to the code publicly by:

* Go to klm.com
* Select United States
* Click on Flying Blue
* Click on Flying Blue Partners under "Earn and Spend Miles"
* Select "car rentals", and then click Search
* Click on the National/Citer link

You will be presented with a page that describes the Flying Blue miles you can earn, which includes this code. So, any Flying Blue member is entitled to it (I do have status with KLM/AirFrance, by virtue of my status with Delta, but I made sure to log out of my Delta account before doing this.) So, sign up as an AirFrance/KLM Flying Blue member, and press on.
I went through this whole process and it does list the code, but it says "And, as a Flying Blue member, you benefit from a discount of 20% on Passport Rates worldwide.*"

So my question is...who is eligible for Passport Rates? The inclusion of so many fees and benefits makes me skeptical. Good luck to those who have reserved it - I hope it works!

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #51
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

I went through the whole "passport rate" discussion on my previous posts.
Flying Blue support gave me their best explanation, and told me not to worry, and National couldn't see any problem, but to be sure, they transferred me to the Orlando check-in desk, where they punched up my ressie, and they could not see any problem either. They just told me to bring my frequent flyer ID.

Even with all that reassurance, I am still bringing a backup ressie just in case, and I would suggest anyone else do the same thing.

MickeysDuck!!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #52
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

OP Thank you! I wanted to have a back up to my Budget rental for May and found this posting. Its a better rate than Budget AND it allows us to rent from National which we prefer. Better deal all around.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Location: Where you take only pictures, leave only footprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If it is not an EA or Emerald Reserve reservation, you will need to go to the counter just like everyone else without the two aforemention reservation classes.

Will I be able to use the kiosk with the Air France code? If anyone is interested, I am actually leaving on Tuesday and can post my experience that evening

Is there an actual mid-size section at National? I think the last time we booked this category they had to give us a standard-full size car as there did not have any mid size.

Mich Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #54
siwash23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Mouse View Post
Will I be able to use the kiosk with the Air France code? If anyone is interested, I am actually leaving on Tuesday and can post my experience that evening

Is there an actual mid-size section at National? I think the last time we booked this category they had to give us a standard-full size car as there did not have any mid size.
Yes, please post your experience after your arrival, thanks.

I don't see why you couldn't use the Kiosk if you use the code for your reservation online.. . but I'm not sure.

I book standard at National to get to pick off the Emerald Aisle. If there is a mid-size or intermediate, I don't think it would be any cheaper than standard.
siwash23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #55
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwash23 View Post
Yes, please post your experience after your arrival, thanks.

I don't see why you couldn't use the Kiosk if you use the code for your reservation online.. . but I'm not sure.

I book standard at National to get to pick off the Emerald Aisle. If there is a mid-size or intermediate, I don't think it would be any cheaper than standard.

I thought EA required a membership fee? Is that incorrect? I am now wondering if your post indicates that if I book a standard I can pick any car off the Emerald Aisle? I would love to skip kiosks, counters and anything in between. This trip I will be on my own with two under three years old.

What do I need to do to use Emerald Aise?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #56
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought EA required a membership fee? Is that incorrect? I am now wondering if your post indicates that if I book a standard I can pick any car off the Emerald Aisle? I would love to skip kiosks, counters and anything in between. This trip I will be on my own with two under three years old.

There is no membership fee. Sign up for it, then use your ID when making your ressies. Do not include an upgrade coupon if you want to right to the aisle. Other coupons will usually still allow you to go right to the aisle.

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can waive the fee for Emerald Aisle by visiting Mousesavers.com
They have a link to get it for free. Just explore the rental car section and National.

Then if you rent a midsize car you can pick from the Emerald Aisle.

If you use an upgrade coupon and upgrade to midsize you can still pick from the EA but you have to visit the counter 1st. (or so the nice National customer service woman told me on the phone 2 days ago)

Have a great trip!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #58
NUHuskies#1
My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it means! I don't know what it means!

Finally.............Thank you!!!

Waiting for the bus at Animal Kingdom
NUHuskies#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #59
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMickey View Post
You can waive the fee for Emerald Aisle by visiting Mousesavers.com
They have a link to get it for free. Just explore the rental car section and National.

Then if you rent a midsize car you can pick from the Emerald Aisle.

If you use an upgrade coupon and upgrade to midsize you can still pick from the EA but you have to visit the counter 1st. (or so the nice National customer service woman told me on the phone 2 days ago)

Have a great trip!
Ok, now I am confused...the post prior to the quote above it says to just sign up for it it doesn't mention a waived fee. Did I need to use a code to waive a fee to use Emerald Aisle? Is this a different club than the Emerald Club?

I have a reservation with National, I used my Emerald Club ID to login and it is on the reservation. I do have an upgrade coupon though. If I use the counter/kiosk do I still get to pick from the aisle? I do not have a membership card yet. I might consider giving up the upgrade if I can just go right to the aisle.

Can someone explain?

Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #60
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, now I am confused...the post prior to the quote above it says to just sign up for it it doesn't mention a waived fee. Did I need to use a code to waive a fee to use Emerald Aisle? Is this a different club than the Emerald Club?

I have a reservation with National, I used my Emerald Club ID to login and it is on the reservation. I do have an upgrade coupon though. If I use the counter/kiosk do I still get to pick from the aisle? I do not have a membership card yet. I might consider giving up the upgrade if I can just go right to the aisle.

Can someone explain?
I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were already an Emerald club member. There are not any additional fees each time you rent. Just go log into the Emerald Aisle and rent to your hearts content.

(I was posting as if you wanted to become a member of the Emerald Aisle with out the initial $50 membership fee.) Again sorry for the confusion!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: