Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #346
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
Did you buy the Orlando entertainment book? Is there anything else you would use in it?
Yes, we purchased it for our Christmas trip. Before the holiday season, they had them on sale at a substantial discount with free shipping (they are on sale again right now for 35% off and free shipping).

The book has already paid for itself . We have used multiple online shopping coupons (Champs Sports, Dicks Sporting Goods....saving us on average of $15 per order), a couple of the buy-one-get-one-free mini golf coupons (saving us $10 each time), $5 off at Friendly's and $5 off at T-Rex. There are several more, including the $25 off at National on the car rental, that we will use on our August trip. Plus you can download a selection of others online using your membership number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4 View Post
We are in guelph and have never flew out of anywhere but Toronto but the savings from the states is just to much to not go that way now the kids. Are older and can travel better for the longer car ride to airport. Have been looking at buffalo and someone mentioned Rochester but never heard of flying out of Syracuse thanks for the heads up
We MUCH prefer flying out of the western NY airports than Pearson. I think you will LOVE the smallness of Buffalo (and Syracuse is the same). Getting around is sooooo easy. Its so nice clearing customs at the border in your car, as opposed to at the airport before your flight. Even if Syracuse and Toronto were similarly priced, we would still fly out of Syracuse for (a) the ease of the airport and (b) our beloved Jetblue!

I don't know if direct flights are available out of Rochester. Something seems to tell me they are not (I know Southwest, Jetblue and Airtran all offer direct, nonstop flights from Buffalo, and Jetblue offers direct, nonstop flights from Syracuse). That may or may not be important for you. Our family is comprised of three individuals who are not the greatest flyers (we've been known to need a barf bag or two on more than one occasion ) so non-stop flights are a must!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
i just booked our flights last week, AirTran (i know, not the greatest but budget is a concern) out of Buffalo for all for of us for a little under $800 US. there are certainly deals to be had, the prices out of Toronto were ATROCIOUS
AirTran is just fine (not luxurious, but completely OK) and you got a great price! Definitely a huge savings over what you would spend out flying from Pearson.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #347
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
i just booked our flights last week, AirTran (i know, not the greatest but budget is a concern) out of Buffalo for all for of us for a little under $800 US. there are certainly deals to be had, the prices out of Toronto were ATROCIOUS
When are you going?
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #348
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
When are you going?
May 2nd.

I was checking the flights several times a day and even out of Buffalo they were pretty $$$ for awhile, until last Tuesday evening they seemed to drop. They dropped in price by about $100 each sometime in between 4pm to 9pm that day, that's how often I was checking
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #349
bengalfreak
Mouseketeer

Where is everyone entering this coupon code on the National web site? If I put it in any of the three coupon ID code fields, it tells me the coupon is invalid. If I put it in the "Rate/Product Code" field, it goes thru but i get a total rate of $583.19 for the cheapest car they have (9 days) and no additional insurance or any of the other stuff others are reporting.

help

The Bengals and WDW. Life should have a few obsessions!

bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #350
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Where is everyone entering this coupon code on the National web site? If I put it in any of the three coupon ID code fields, it tells me the coupon is invalid. If I put it in the "Rate/Product Code" field, it goes thru but i get a total rate of $583.19 for the cheapest car they have (9 days) and no additional insurance or any of the other stuff others are reporting.

help
Just to confirm, the code is 8572130.

It goes in the "Contract ID" section (the first box under the heading "Optional Rate Information" on the reservation page. Then your FLying Blue membership number would go in the "Membership ID" box.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #351
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

I used it again today to book for my trip for the beginning of May. Got a better rate than any of the other quotes I am currently getting. I'm going to keep looking, of course, in case something better comes along closer to my travel dates.

I used this code successfully for my January trip as well!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #352
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I've used this Flying Blue code twice and have it booked for September too.

Regular rate for my date without code...$896, but with..$308

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #353
jojo0612
Mouseketeer

Help with KLM

I signed up with KLM but I can't find my membership number?
Me DH DS (12) DD (9) Sammy our rescued dog/1994 18 and fancy free - trip with friends - offsite 9/2007 First Family Trip - POR 9/2008 Going back for seconds with free Dining - POR Sept 09 Bounceback at POP 9/11 Free dining at Saratoga Springs

jojo0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #354
jojo0612
Mouseketeer

My mistake

I'm looking to find my Flying blue membership number, not the KLM...I've been reading and re-reading all these threads and I'm confusing myself!
Me DH DS (12) DD (9) Sammy our rescued dog/1994 18 and fancy free - trip with friends - offsite 9/2007 First Family Trip - POR 9/2008 Going back for seconds with free Dining - POR Sept 09 Bounceback at POP 9/11 Free dining at Saratoga Springs

jojo0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #355
EllenJ
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used 5760339 lately? I used it several years ago and got great rates. It looks to be still active but not sure it's available to the public.
EllenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #356
kldownunder
Earning My Ears

[

Last edited by kldownunder; 03-14-2013 at 07:58 PM.
kldownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #357
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer

I signed up for flying blue membership and followed directions on this thread to the partners section and only avis and hertz are there, no national. I went directly to national site, used the contract id I got off this thread and member ID and it says it is not valid.
Is it gone, am I missing something. I was thinking to book with budget anyway near universal before the Disney portion of our trip, but if I could find a super deal from the airport it would probably be worth it to pay for parking at the resort and not have to pay for a shuttle/car company from MCO to universal.

If anyone can tell me if I am doing something wrong....I will take your advice! thanks
my trip dates are end of June-beg. July
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #358
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
I signed up for flying blue membership and followed directions on this thread to the partners section and only avis and hertz are there, no national. I went directly to national site, used the contract id I got off this thread and member ID and it says it is not valid.
Is it gone, am I missing something. I was thinking to book with budget anyway near universal before the Disney portion of our trip, but if I could find a super deal from the airport it would probably be worth it to pay for parking at the resort and not have to pay for a shuttle/car company from MCO to universal.

If anyone can tell me if I am doing something wrong....I will take your advice! thanks
my trip dates are end of June-beg. July
Don't put the member ID in, just the KLM code 8572130 in the Contract ID block
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #359
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenJ View Post
Has anyone used 5760339 lately? I used it several years ago and got great rates. It looks to be still active but not sure it's available to the public.
It appears to still be valid.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #360
prairiegal
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I was able to modify/cancel National reservation (KLM Code) through website via email link. Previously had to call National directly (or email) to make changes or cancel.
prairiegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: