Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #331
MommaGinger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mikel View Post
I don't know where to find it on its site, but it is 8572130.

HTH!
Thank you!!!!!!
MommaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #332
njmomtoone
Mouseketeer

I just posted this..

I got a good deal at Dollar for Premium car out of Tampa.

$184.60 with tax, 4/6 to 4/13 (a school break week here in NJ)

The lowest I have seen in a long time for this time period.

Hopefully it can help someone!
njmomtoone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #333
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

Just booked my car for our August Trip. $250 for 8 days! Unbelievable!

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
jenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #334
kandb
DIS Veteran

Can't find any cheap rentals for our trip in April (4/5 thru 4/14), even with thrifty. Any coupons still working for National? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #335
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjordan View Post
Just booked my car for our August Trip. $250 for 8 days! Unbelievable!
What company? Did you use a code?

Congratulations on the great deal
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #336
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to send out a big thanks to everyone who has posted such great feedback on this thread.

I had originally booked Budget again (using the Travelocity public code X474200) for our August trip at an 8-day rate of $325 after a coupon was applied for a mid-size SUV. After a very disappointing Budget experience from our Christmas getaway, though, I was less than thrilled about our next rental.

Then this thread popped up again, and I decided to run our dates using the KLM code. Same vehicle, with all the extra insurances, and the ability to select our vehicle from what's available in the row (rather than being assigned a vehicle by Budget), was only $266 (that's with using a $25 coupon from the Entertainment Book in addition to the Flying Blue code).

To the OP and all the posters thereafter who have chimed in with their experiences and reassurances, you feedback has been appreciated!! The less I spend on a rental, the more I can buy at the outlet malls!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #337
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post
What company? Did you use a code?

Congratulations on the great deal
I'm interesting in knowning too! I tried the KLM Code and got $321 for a full size in August.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #338
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
I'm interesting in knowning too! I tried the KLM Code and got $321 for a full size in August.
Ouch. That seems rather high when I am getting an SUV for $266 (I have a coupon applied.....but even with adding in another $25 to account for the coupon, it would still make my SUV cheaper than your fullsize).

What are your dates? How many days is your rental?

My dates are August 23 to August 31st (8 days). Perhaps early August is more expensive than later in the month?

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #339
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Ouch. That seems rather high when I am getting an SUV for $266 (I have a coupon applied.....but even with adding in another $25 to account for the coupon, it would still make my SUV cheaper than your fullsize).

What are your dates? How many days is your rental?

My dates are August 23 to August 31st (8 days). Perhaps early August is more expensive than later in the month?
Hi Gina.. wow.. that's great!!
Our dates are roughtly the same as yours.. Aug 20-29.I'm putting 8572130 into the Corporate ID field. Where can I find a coupon code? The $321 for full size includes tax. I'm looking on rental car mama and all coupon codes go to March only. Is there one for August?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #340
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Gina.. wow.. that's great!!
Our dates are roughtly the same as yours.. Aug 20-29.I'm putting 8572130 into the Corporate ID field. Where can I find a coupon code? The $321 for full size includes tax. I'm looking on rental car mama and all coupon codes go to March only. Is there one for August?
Strange how just adding that one additional day is increasing the cost of your rental so much more than mine . Still though, with all the insurance inclusions and extras, its a great deal even at the price you have now.

Our coupon is from the Entertainment Book.

http://orlando.entertainment.com/discount/browse.shtml

I would bet, though, that additional coupons will be released for August once the current ones expire.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #341
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Strange how just adding that one additional day is increasing the cost of your rental so much more than mine . Still though, with all the insurance inclusions and extras, its a great deal even at the price you have now.

Our coupon is from the Entertainment Book.

http://orlando.entertainment.com/discount/browse.shtml

I would bet, though, that additional coupons will be released for August once the current ones expire.
I will keep my eyes open for coupons. You can combine a coupon and a corporate ID with National?

BTW - I noticed you are Canadian as well. We are in southwestern Ontario. Have you booked your flights?

Last edited by JLMommy; 01-27-2013 at 01:32 PM.
JLMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #342
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will keep my eyes open for coupons. You can combine a coupon and a corporate ID with National?

BTW - I noticed you are Canadian as well. We are in southwestern Ontario. Have you booked your flights?
We are in southeastern Ontario . We booked our flights about a week and a half ago. Flying from Syracuse via Jetblue. Got great flight times, non-stop direct flights, $1050 for three of us.

From where we are, about an hour west of Kingston, we can fly from Toronto (2 hours from home), Syracuse (3 hours from home), or Buffalo (the longest commute at almost 4 hours away). While we have flown from each of them at one time or another, we much prefer Syracuse, so we were very happy to get the best rate from that airport this time around.

As for combining a coupon with the corporate ID, I had no problem at all . Hopefully you will find a good one prior to your travel date to add to your ressie as well!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #343
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are in southeastern Ontario . We booked our flights about a week and a half ago. Flying from Syracuse via Jetblue. Got great flight times, non-stop direct flights, $1050 for three of us.

From where we are, about an hour west of Kingston, we can fly from Toronto (2 hours from home), Syracuse (3 hours from home), or Buffalo (the longest commute at almost 4 hours away). While we have flown from each of them at one time or another, we much prefer Syracuse, so we were very happy to get the best rate from that airport this time around.

As for combining a coupon with the corporate ID, I had no problem at all . Hopefully you will find a good one prior to your travel date to add to your ressie as well!

We are in Kitchener-Waterloo. We are contemplating Buffalo or Detroit. I'm waiting for Southwest to release their next block of seats.
Did you buy the Orlando entertainment book? Is there anything else you would use in it?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #344
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy

We are in Kitchener-Waterloo. We are contemplating Buffalo or Detroit. I'm waiting for Southwest to release their next block of seats.
Did you buy the Orlando entertainment book? Is there anything else you would use in it?
We are in guelph and have never flew out of anywhere but Toronto but the savings from the states is just to much to not go that way now the kids. Are older and can travel better for the longer car ride to airport. Have been looking at buffalo and someone mentioned Rochester but never heard of flying out of Syracuse thanks for the heads up
Disfanx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #345
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

i just booked our flights last week, AirTran (i know, not the greatest but budget is a concern) out of Buffalo for all for of us for a little under $800 US. there are certainly deals to be had, the prices out of Toronto were ATROCIOUS
Ima Disnewby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: