Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #316
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiegal View Post
Sorry DVC Daisy! Looked at my reservation & it say's BJ's Travel. Since the coupon showed on National's site I didn't bother researching the code figuring it was their own. Lesson learned!! Hopefully another coupon will come out soon and we can just replace it.
That is what I am hoping as well

Plus, that the rates drop. They are still way too expensive - I usually end up with a bargain

Just have to keep watching I guess.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #317
tmonferdini
Mouseketeer

I can't get the KLM code to work...it doesn't bring the price down at all. It's still like $800+ for a mini van from March 24 - April 5 through National
tmonferdini is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #318
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

It may have something to do with it being Easter week. I have a great rate for a midsize 3/22-3/30 ($252) with the KLM code. I have been checking every so often to see if it drops and yesterday it went up to $480. So, I am assuming it might be because of Easter.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #319
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me where to find the National codes on the Flying Blue site. It's either gone, or I can't find it.
Thanks!

UPDATE: Never mind, I found it.

MickeysDuck!!

Last edited by Mickeysduck; 01-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Mickeysduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #320
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

I reserved a car using the KLM code back in November for the beginning of March, with the BJ's car upgrade coupon.
Tried it again today, and the price is now double what it was on my original ressie. It's even a little more than if I don't use the code at all. (except it includes the insurance).
Hopefully, it will come down again sometime in Feb. I really don't want to stop at the counter just to show them a coupon.

MickeysDuck!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #321
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Rates coming thru for March using KLM are up now. My flight times changed, so I was just going to book a new reservation, and cancel the old one I had...... but it was double what I booked a few months ago.

I emailed them with the new flight times, and i have fingers crossed they will modify it without that price increase. If it doubles, I will keep looking for another alternative rental.

My dates are 3-16 thru 3-22.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #322
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Rates coming thru for March using KLM are up now. My flight times changed, so I was just going to book a new reservation, and cancel the old one I had...... but it was double what I booked a few months ago.

I emailed them with the new flight times, and i have fingers crossed they will modify it without that price increase. If it doubles, I will keep looking for another alternative rental.

My dates are 3-16 thru 3-22.
Let us know how it goes. It doesn't look like the KLM code is such a good deal anymore.

I'm hanging on to my Nov. ressies. and stopping at the counter if the prices don't get more reasonable . The difference in price for a 13 day stay is over $400.

One question I have though, on my confirmation, it says "one car upgrade coupon accepted" on it, but it doesn't say from who. I don't remember which upgrade code I used, I think it was BJ's but not sure. Does it matter? Do you think I can bring any car upgrade coupon when I pick up the car, or does it have to be the actual one with the code I used?

MickeysDuck!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #323
Dan Murphy
We are family.

In all my rentals from National/Alamo (a lot), I have never been asked for a coupon, and I have used a coupon code on every rental.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #324
Mickeysduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
In all my rentals from National/Alamo (a lot), I have never been asked for a coupon, and I have used a coupon code on every rental.
My reservation says "Your level of service is Counter. Please proceed to the rental counter." because of the coupon. I can't change it now, because the rates are double.
If you use a national coupon code, you don't need the coupon and don't have to stop at the counter.

MickeysDuck!!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #325
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I tried this code the other night and thought I must be doing something wrong because the rate was still astronomical. I guess they are just more expensive now. Glad I grabbed a car at 250 with Enterprise for my 10 days. Everything is really high right now.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #326
wdaveo
Earning My Ears

I used the KLM code just last week for a Miami spring break reservation. Got my cost down from over $700 to $250 or so. Just checked the rate again it is back up to over $450. I hope I don't have any problem using my original reservation.
wdaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #327
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeysduck View Post
Let us know how it goes. It doesn't look like the KLM code is such a good deal anymore.

I called National, and they said NO PROBLEM, and changed my pick up and drop off times (same number of days rental, 6, and the days were the same). And they said, no difference in price, so I got to keep my KLM rate on a mid SUV. All totalled with fees and tax, it is $248, which is better than I can get now.

I need the SUV for my son's Convaid chair.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #328
trstno1
Mouseketeer

I just used the KLM code for my trip to Fort Myers Airport, 3/16-3/23. I was able to get a mini-van for $265 including all fees and taxes. I also used the coupon code from mousesavers for $30 a weekly rental (ND9334SND) - it worked even though it is supposed to expire 2/9/13.

Big thanks to the original poster!
2/2005 - offsite
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
3/2010 - offsite
11/2010 - Universal Royal Pacific Resort
11/2013 - Bay Lake Tower, Disney Dream

Last edited by trstno1; 01-21-2013 at 08:41 PM.
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #329
MommaGinger
Mouseketeer

Can someone please tell me where to find the KLM code. I must be going crazy. I signed up but for the life of me can't find where it is on the site. Thank you so much.
MommaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #330
mom2mikel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaGinger View Post
Can someone please tell me where to find the KLM code. I must be going crazy. I signed up but for the life of me can't find where it is on the site. Thank you so much.
I don't know where to find it on its site, but it is 8572130.

HTH!
mom2mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: