Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #256
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I just booked a vehicle for NEXT April, using this code. It worked.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #257
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
If you definitely need a minivan, you book a mini van. I would never book a midsize hoping that a minivan is sitting there if I really needed one. You did right.

Thanks for answering me, you too Brermamma.

Can't seem to get the double quote thingy

Gosh, I can believe how complicated it is too get a deal on a rental car, we have 516. National now for a mini van 10 days. I have checked in a few times and last night got budget for 470. but honestly did not change my ressie because I figured with the KLM deal I had all this added insurance. However, if I can find a deal for under 400 I will pounce.
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #258
JoeCathyAngelina
Lord be willing, If all goes well, The creek don't rise, and there ain't no melt down, we'll do it all again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
I just booked a vehicle for NEXT April, using this code. It worked.
I also booked using the code for next April 13-20th school vacation week.
I got a Cadillac DTS for $359.
The confirm shows my name, Emerald Club membership number and all the membership info.
I don't have a Flying Blue membership card/number, is that going to be a problem?
Good Luck All,
Joe

April 2015, Angelina's 14th Birthday at the Sheraton Vistana. ................
April 2014, Angelina's 13th Birthday at Vacation Village at Parkway.........April 2013, Angelina's 12th Birthday at the Hilton Grand at Seaworld
April 2012, Angelina's 11th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club.....April 2011, Angelina's 10th Birthday at the Silver Lake Resort
April 2010, Angelina's 9th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club...... April 2009, Angelina's 8th Birthday at the Summer Bay Resort
April 2008, Angelina's 7th Birthday at the Wyndam Cypress Palms..........April 2007, Angelina's 6th Birthday at the Orange Lake Country Club
April 2006, Angelina's 5th Birthday at the Sheraton Vistana. ................ April 2005, Angelina's 4th Birthday at the Beach Club.
March 2004, Angelina's 3rd Birthday at Old Key West...........................January 2000, New Year's Eve Millenium celebration at the Grand Floridian.
JoeCathyAngelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #259
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
''''Can't seem to get the double quote thingy....
Click on the in each post you want to quote. They will each turn red . Once you have clicked all you want, click on the reply icon.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #260
TandEsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCathyAngelina View Post
I don't have a Flying Blue membership card/number, is that going to be a problem?
They can ask for it, and if they do and you don't have it, they can charge you the current prevailing rate. It's free to join and takes about five minutes, so there's no reason not to join and have that peace of mind.
TandEsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #261
ktpc2005
Earning My Ears

I tried to use this code to book a rental beginning in MCO and ending in TPA for August and now its charging a $250 drop fee.

I have used this code for the same rental twice this year and I have not had a drop fee in the past....
ktpc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #262
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

I found a huge price decrease by renting at the WDW car care center rather than the airport. On my economy car it was about a $35 savings.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #263
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Hopefully I'll find something much better, but being so far out and during xmas week it's not that bad. Got a full size for 11 days for using the contract code for $650. Like I said, I'll be checking constantly to try and get a better price.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #264
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Location: Where you take only pictures, leave only footprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktpc2005 View Post
I tried to use this code to book a rental beginning in MCO and ending in TPA for August and now its charging a $250 drop fee.

I have used this code for the same rental twice this year and I have not had a drop fee in the past....
What drop fee? I have 2 Ressies with this code. One for my SIL who may not be coming.

Mich Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #265
snesguy
Mouseketeer

The drop fee is charged frequently when you drop off the car at a location that is different from the one you rented from. The rental company will likely incur costs to transport the vehicle back to it's originating location and they usually add a drop fee for that. Some corporate contracts waive the drop fee. Some don't.
snesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #266
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snesguy View Post
The drop fee is charged frequently when you drop off the car at a location that is different from the one you rented from. The rental company will likely incur costs to transport the vehicle back to it's originating location and they usually add a drop fee for that. Some corporate contracts waive the drop fee. Some don't.
just to be clear, if I rent from MCO and bring it back to MCO this fee does not apply????
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #267
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
just to be clear, if I rent from MCO and bring it back to MCO this fee does not apply????
Correct! Drop fees only apply when you drop off at a different location than you picked up the vehicle from.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #268
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Correct! Drop fees only apply when you drop off at a different location than you picked up the vehicle from.
thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #269
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

As an update, I used this code just last week to rent a car from the Car Care Center at WDW and had no problems. Matter of fact, it was super-easy as they didn't ask me once if I need insurance or anything since it was included in the price.

Worked great. Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #270
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

thanks for the update, I have this code booked for a Sept trip and a trip in Feb too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: