Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #256
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I love the WS pictures you took!

And how wonderful to run into Pooh and friends when first arriving into Epcot

I've never eaten at chefs yet, but i want to eventually. My husband is somewhat of a picky eater (though I've been able to get him to try new things sometimes, which once resulted in our knowledge that he's deathly allergic to tree nuts!!!!) so I doubt he would want to eat there, so we never do lol

I'm sorry you had a headache and nothing seemed to help!

As I was reading your last post of your day, my heart was breaking.. I've been where you were there with someone telling you how to do things or what to eat or "this is whats wrong, I know it!" type of thing.. People get headaches all the time! It doesn't mean its one thing and only that! You know your body better than anyone else and like you said, you knew what was contributing to your headache. I too would have/ and have been embarrassed like that and wouldn't have eaten much either. O'hana isn't a "lite" meal. And you should NEVER be embarrassed like that on a trip YOU planned and orchestrated!!!!

I can tell, not that I haven't already, that this trip started out in a bad way and wasn't going to get better and that makes me equally sad! Disney is supposed to be the happy place, and it just doesn't seem like someone in your party was enjoying himself and was being pretty negative.
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #257
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm sorry your head was bothering you so much! When I was young (mostly 12-15), I got HORRIBLE headaches. I did everything you're supposed to do-- drink enough water, eat enough, etc. Eventually they went away and I only get them at predictable times now, but augh, that was such a pain (literally!). I do hope it's something that eventually goes away for you! That's REALLY annoying that Mike decided to "diagnose" you. Sorry you weren't able to enjoy your dinner.
Headache aside, it does seem like you were able to have some fun! I think the pick-a-pearl is a Disney experience everyone should do! The CM's enthusiasm is always so cute.
Great character pictures! You guys met so many!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #258
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

oh man I'm sorry to hear about your miserable day. I really hope you were able to book your bounceback Poly offer!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #259
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

So excited to read an update , but sorry to hear about the unwanted advice about your health. Hope you were able to sleep it off (with Disney planning dreams) and have a better next day!

You know I love the Poly, so I completely understand how you felt when you walked in!

A new favorite? Caramel corn? You led me to the Napoleon, and I am still dreaming about those. I may have to try your new favorite snack!

I just have to say again how precious your grandmother is. Your grandparents looks so sweet and happy together. How long have they been together?

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #260
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Yay Great update!! I love that guy at pick a pearl. I watched him do like 5 pearls last trip, he was always so enthusiastic and seemed like he was having an awesome time! Courtney, I really don't think you have diabetes. (Rolls eyes)I can't believe Mike said that..... Headache can be for sooo many different reasons (more likely that you are NOT eating enough). The Poly looks so beautiful at night. DH and I are going to try and get an ADR for O'Hanna for our trip in January. Looking forward to the next update. -Amanda
Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #261
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

A CONFESSION

Before I respond to your comments, I feel the need to finally come clean about something. I have pretty much gone on and on about how difficult it's been for me to write this report, how I'm not enjoying reliving it and how I'm having a hard time getting my updates posted. I've been blaming that for why I haven't been around both here and on your reports as much as I normally would. But, this isn't the only reason. There has been something else keeping me away from the boards...

I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm sure you can all tell an ultrasound picture when you see one. We're having a baby!

That picture was actually from my 7 week ultrasound, so 4 weeks ago. I had my second OB appointment today at 11 weeks 1 day and we were able to hear the heartbeat. The doctor said it was beating just perfectly. I have known for close to 2 months now (I found out very early) and keeping it a secret for this long has been so hard! I've wanted to share so badly, but I was so, so worried about something going wrong. I'm still really nervous, but I do feel much better now that we've seen and heard the heartbeat. I don't think I'll feel completely ok until he/or she is here in my arms, which if going by my due date is 12/12/12! We will have a very busy holiday season this year!

Thankfully my morning sickness has been pretty tame. I pretty much am only sick at night, so I make it though the day just fine. However, I am drained by the time I get home and most nights I take a nap as soon as I get home. I only wake up to shower, eat and maybe watch a TV show here and there. So needless to say, not too much time for being on the boards.

You might be wondering what we're going to do about our trip this October? We are still going! I debated quite a bit, because for a lot of reasons taking a trip to Disney 2 months before you give birth is probably not the smartest idea. Afterall, there will be so many things that I love about Disney that I can't enjoy, and it is a little foolish to spend so much on a vacation right before having a baby. But, if this family trip and writing this TR has taught me anything, it's that my favorite part of Disney is being there with Miguel. Obviously, our "just the two of us trips" are about to end. I am so, so excited to take our little one to Disney for the first time, but I also really want for Miguel and I to have just one more trip as the two of us. So we're definitely going. Should make for an interesting PTR!

I will of course share more details the further along we get, but I just had to finally get this out there. I couldn't hold it in any longer! This was such a shock to us because I was just diagnosed with PCOS last November and we figured it would take us quite a while to get to this point. It still took 8 months, but I feel very, very blessed for it to have only been that long. We are so excited!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #262
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That is so wonderfully exciting! So glad to hear that you're feeling pretty well, and I certainly hope it stays that way.

I'll definitely keep y'all and the little peanut in my prayers!

And, I think an October Babymoon sounds like a WONDERFUL idea! We almost did it ourselves last year when I was pregnant with DD, but I, unfortunately was VERY sick through most of the pregnancy and didn't want to have a tour of WDW bathrooms while DH rode Splash Mountain!

Congrats again!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #263
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm happy for you?????

I hope you have as easy a pregnancy as I did. Walking in the last trimester was pretty hard on my ankles, but by taking it slow and with sufficient breaks, I could still take very long walks. Just not often. Even last week I walked almost 5k to the ice cream store. Then two days later my feet got super swollen and not anything longer than 5 minutes is super painful.

I know you guys love to take it slow anyway, so you should be fine. Congrats again!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #264
pjennings
Mouseketeer

So happy for you!!!! Congratulations. Children are such a blessing. When I was pregnant I would go to sleep at 7:30 or 8:00 and tell my husband don't wake me, just let me sleep on the couch! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and everyone remains healthy. This is such an exciting time for you guys.

It is amazing to see Disney through a child's eyes. You will never forget the look on your child's face when they see the castle, Mickey or a Princess for the first (or second) time. I love to hear my girls talk about our past trips and those trips that we will take one day. .

Congrats again!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #265
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, mommy to be!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #266
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO :D

I am SOOOOO EXCITED for you and Miguel!!!!!!!

Babies are a true blessing and congratulations on starting this exciting journey to motherhood

I think it's perfect to take a last trip before giving birth.. Two month before I had Rylan my husband and I went to Niagra Falls. I was VERY pregnant, but it was a nice last trip of just the 2 of us

YYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #267
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Miguel. I think having a baby moon is a fantastic idea. With all the craziness that comes along with preparing to have a baby then having you will be so happy you took this vacation when it was still just the two of you.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
Old 05-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #268
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Hi, Courtney!

I've been lurking on your report but I'm coming out of hiding to say Congratulations on your pending arrival!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #269
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Just joining in from Mel's TR, all caught up and I've already read your Honeymoon TR!

Congratulations on the pregnancy! How exciting for the two of you, and at Christmas to boot? Perfect!

I love you daily itinerary sheets, those are great!

We took our last trip with my MiL along for part of the vacation, and regretted it immediately. I feel you pain.

I know that you enjoy WDW with just the two of you, but think of all the fun you'll have taking a little prince or princess!

P.S. The snarky weight comments made me really angry for you--you're a beautiful young woman. That sucks that he made you feel that way.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #270
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Congrats Courtney!!! Such an exciting time
Read all about our wedding here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: