Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #211
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Hey Courtney! I totally get what you said about the disappointment... when something you looked forward to and planned so well (your PTR for this trip says it all!) doesn't go the way you want it, of course that's a bummer!
The bathroom breaks alone for a big group would drive me batty, never mind all the other stuff that goes with it!

Looked like a good day, overall and I have decided that I MUST try Beaches & Cream ASAP!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #212
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Courtney, I'm sorry you are having regrets about you last trip I kind of understand how you feel. The last trip I went on I was sick and also stressing out the whole time about starting my last semester of nursing school right when I got home. So different situation, but I get it. At least you have October right! Are you and Miguel going alone?? Great update though! I really like your AK pictures. Look forward to more -Amanda
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #213
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

understand what you mean about not wanting to relive a vacation like that.. That's why I never did a TR for the trip we took last year- Mike and I found ourselves saying "never again" almost the whole time!

I am glad that you and Miguel got the chance to have some alone time and ride EE this morning.
We thought about eating at Shulas the last time we were in disney, but opted against it, and I am glad because it doesnt sound like it would have been worth it!
All your posts about BC and ice cream make me want to go there and want summer to come.. We have been having some rainy/cold weather and I am craving the warmth! LOL

Don't feel bad about not always posting every week... I understand where you're coming from and I assume others understand how you feel too! cheer up and work your way through it so you can move onto your PTR for the next trip
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #214
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Courtney,
No apology necessary. Just chalk this up to a "learning experience" and move on. Its ok, we all still love you.

Thanks for the Shula's review. You don't see many on the DIS, maybe there is a reason for it!

I love me some Beaches & Cream!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #215
amyrella
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy to read another update, even though you are slIghtly less than thrilled about this TR.

With that being said I do look forward to you PTR when you do get the time to start it.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #216
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Nice update Courtney - glad you got some time alone in AK for just you & Miguel.. suprised no one else wanted to ride Expedition Everest, it's one of our favourites!
I'm sorry reliving this trip is not so much fun for you I know how you feel, travelling to WDW with a large group is so different to going just as a two - I think I'm really going to notice it on this summer's trip with the family, but will know we have the October trip to do it 'our way'

Hope you & Miguel are well and I'm looking forward to hearing your plans for your next trip

Emma x
Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #217
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm sorry you have such mixed feelings about this past vacation. I know that its really tough to bring other people to a place you know so well and enjoy so much and have such a different experience. Its really tough traveling with a large group, especially when you are expected to play tour guide.

DH and I feel the same way when we travel with our extended families, its fun, but its just not the same fun, and we always compare it to trips when its just "us". What we do to try and take the pressure off is arrive a few days earlier than the bulk of our group, that way we get a few days to ourselves first. I think it really helps.

Anyway, I'm sorry you were disappointed with Shulas and the Dolphin. I've never eaten at Shulas, but always been curious, but I have stayed at the Dolphin and the Swan. I agree that they are not Disney-ified, but they are a steal when compared to the other Crescent Lake resorts. If you are ever looking for more of a budget trip, but still want prime location, you really can't go wrong with the Swan or Dolphin.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #218
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I am so glad that you are continuing on with this trip report. I swear, I think we had the same trips! I did a PTR, lots of planning, and my trip was so disappointing I couldn't really get it together to do the TR. It wasn't a "bad" trip, just nothing like I thought it was going to be or that had any remarkable moments.

My fiance had never been to Disney and we were going for 2 weeks (I usually only go for a week). However, I didn't factor in the fact that we were using my parent's motorhome at Ft. Wilderness (which is a VERY nice motorhome and campground, but not the Disney trip I usually get at the deluxes/moderates) and that my parents and adult brother are not as easy going as they used to be.

All that to say, it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one with a disappointing Disney trip under their belt. The sad part is that I think my fiance would have LOVED Disney had it been just the two of us at another resort. Oh well, there's always future trips, but the financial sting for something you didn't love always hurts .
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #219
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you're not enjoying writing this TR, or reliving the trip for that matter. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying it, even if it wasn't your best trip! I know how you feel, my December trip was definitely my least favorite trip, and when I got home, I wasn't even going to do a TR for it. Then I decided to and I instantly regret starting it, but I didn't want to just abandon it, so I wrote it, but I didn't do a very good job, and I didn't really enjoy writing it. I would delete it from my signature all together, but the only thing I do like about it are some of the pictures. Maybe just get through this TR in the next couple of weeks (if you want to finish it) and then start a PTR for your next trip so you can put this one behind you!

Glad you guys got to enjoy some time alone, running off to EE! I think I'd go crazy if I had to go slow on the whole trip...and take other people into account! The bathroom breaks would be so annoying! I feel like Brandon goes to the bathroom SO much at Disney and even that makes me insane!

Mmmm, I have to try Yak and Yeti someday, hopefully in the Fall! Everything there looks really good, especially that dessert!

I always think about going to Shula's, but I'm too nervous to leave Disney, like you said! Even though the S&D are technically Disney hotels, I always feel like they are "off site". Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I like to be immersed in Disney!

I can't wait to go to Beaches and Cream when we stay at the BC in a couple of weeks, I need to have one of those sundaes, they look amazing!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #220
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Yay! I'm so glad you're updating, but I'm really sorry to hear about your ill feelings toward this trip. I hate having any kind of negative feelings associated with Disney, so I really hate that this trip wasn't too pleasant!

On a lighter note, I love your updates! It sounds like you all had a great day at AK, and it's nice that you and Miguel got to enjoy a little alone time!

My cousin and his fiancee love Shula's, but I just don't understand. I've never been there, but your review is pretty much what I expected. It seems like you could have that dinner anywhere!

YUM I can't wait to try the Kitchen Sink at B&C! I love ice cream!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #221
209Disney
Earning My Ears

I am so happy you are going to continue with your report!! I am excited to hear how the rest of your trip went!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #222
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Courtney, I feel so bad the way you've been feeling about the trip. I'm so sorry that it didn't go the way you had planned.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #223
ladytink75
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear you had a not so pleasant time in DW.. reading your story reminds me of my family trip with my sister and her daughter just this past August.. Let's just say I WILL NEVER do that kind of trip again with her.. After this trip I will never go on another trip with family members again. They just seem to ruin DW for us.. Keep your chin up.. I can't wait to finish reading the rest of your TR and I can't wait to start reading your PTR for your upcoming trip.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #224
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Court-

I definitely know what you mean. It's just really important to focus on the great memories that you did make and know that one day, you'll cherish the family time that you got to spend together in the happiest place on earth!

Our trip earlier this month to Orlando was just so not magical. Don't get me wrong, there were some fabulous times but I can't help but to get this sinking feeling inside me when I think about our last night, sobbing silently on my DH's shoulder as we rode the monorail to the TTC b/c of the way we were treated by some guests at the MK. Or how we missed the opening ceremony at MK b/c they wouldn't let non-resort guests access the ferry or monorail to get to the MK until less than 15 minutes before park opening. (That also happened on our last day.) I thought about doing a TR but I just don't think that I want to reflect even more on those times than I already do. Our first day at Epcot was amazing, our trip to Cocoa Beach was really fun (we even got to see the Disney Fantasy from a distance!), we had huge pineapple dole whips at Captain Cooks, we got to spend time with Greg's aunt, uncle and cousin, we had a great spot for Illuminations and got to have desserts from the bakery in France twice during our trip. See, even just listing all of the great moments is making me feel SO much better! Maybe that would be a good way to wrap up this TR?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #225
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Courtney-I was so glad to see an update, but you don't owe me an apology for how you feel about the trip. We traveled with some friends and their family several years ago, and I agree, it's hard not to take any complaints personally when you're the one who planned the trip.

Hope you know, though, that I am still enjoying reading your TR. Can't believe you backed out on the Kitchen Sink that night?!?! Hope you got one eventually!

You are definitely due a "do-over" trip. So, even though I love reading your TRs, finish this one up, so you can start some happy planning in a new PTR!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: