Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #181
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Great Epcot updates! I know I've said this before, but your TR has me SO excited to stay at the BC! I can't wait to be able to walk to Epcot!

HAHA I love your grandmother! She seems very feisty, and I'm so impressed that she went on TT! Good for her!

Yumm both your meals sound delicious! I want some Disney food!

Okay this is going to sound completely crazy, but out of our nine trips to Disney John and I have NEVER been to the Boardwalk. Can you believe that?! We will finally be going there this trip!

Can't wait for more!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #182
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Love your EPCOT day

I'm glad your grandmother gave TT two tries! Too bad she still didn't like it after the 2nd go-round! LOL

I've had a treat from that bakery and I agree- wasn't as good as I thought it would be... Oh well! Live and learn

Glad to hear that you and Miguel could get some time to yourselves- I bet that helped out on the trip!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #183
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I really love SAI, and the reason we tried it last time was because I read about in your TR- so thanks for giving us another restaruant we love!

The Beach Club looks so awesome! Someday, I WILL stay at an Epcot area resort...
Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #184
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Courtney!

Great update - looks like all the family enjoyed Epcot?

Can't believe it's almost time for October ADRs in a few weeks! I'm double checking park hours ready to make ours' on April 9th hehe

Emma x
Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #185
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I love Epcot days! I like how you guys go to a park, go back to the resort, and then go back to the same park at night, that's a great idea, you get to take a break and save money on park hoppers!

I love that your grandmother tried all of the rides, even if she didn't feel too well after certain ones! Rose and Crown is so good, I love eating there!

Relaxing at SAB is one of the things I'm really looking forward to on our trip in a few weeks, I love the Beach Club! I can't wait to be there!!!

SAI looks awesome, I really need to give it a try sometime! The Mexico pavilion is so beautiful, especially at night!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #186
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Too bad your grandma did not like Test Track, though it did make for some funny pictures!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #187
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you got through your Epcot day without too much frustration, so yay! I really need to try SAI next time I go. I am officially putting it on my must do list!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #188
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great Update, sounds like a nice day overall! My DFIL was not a fan of most of the rides and actually got a little motion sickness on Soarin' which we all thought would be his perfect ride!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #189
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Courtney I am along for the trip! Just started reading today, but all caught up. Also read your PTR. You are such an amazing planner, love the daily letters with the park trivia...such a nice touch. Day 2 looked like a lot of fun. Epcot is my favorite park and I love San Angel as well. Cant wait for the next update-Amanda.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #190
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

Hey you!
Hope you are feeling better and I hope court went well!
Great update! (as always!)
I have never tried any other dessert at the BW Bakery, other than the fudge, and the fudge never disappoints!
Are you going to go to F&W on your next trip?
xo
Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #191
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

It looks like you guys had a great day (minus your grandmother not feeling well in the beginning). I'm really impressed with how much you accomplished, WITH two sit down meals and an afternoon break!

Sorry that it wasn't really pool weather, but I have to admit, those drinks look awesome! What I wouldn't give to be chilling by a pool with a frosty drink right now!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #192
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Glad you're feeling better and that you and your car are recuperating from the accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help but notice that your grandmother's hair got a little wind in in during this trip! She's so cute,and just always so perfect looking!

Quote:

Never eaten at R & C Pub---but I must say that the fish and chips looks pretty tasty!

Quote:
We stopped for a quick PP picture, and then we made a mad dash back to the BC to try to beat the rain.

Great family picture!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #193
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Courtney, I'm so sorry about your accident, glad you're ok and thank goodness for insurance!

I've been MIA also and just caught up on your Epcot report, I love Epcot it is one of my favorite parks. You guys really seemed to have a good time yay! I also like your grandma, she looks so cute in all the pictures! She seems like such a good sport. I really like your planning style for this group trip, it seems that you planned your just the two of times very well and I think thats key to large group trips. Can't wait to hear more!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #194
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I love the test track picture!! I cracked up when I saw it. haha

My husband has the same hat that girl has in the boat, Fiesta Tour. He loves it...haha Here he is wearing it. He wore it all over the Disney cruise and on Pirate Night...haha

That is too funny that your DH has the same hat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! But, I'm glad that you are well and on the mend. I could imagine that's such a scary experience.

I envisioned your inner eye roll that you did with the "why do we need these if we're riding it now?" for Soarin'. Oh inexperienced ones.

Love the R&C. Great food pictures. I haven't eaten there in a few trips.
Inexperienced indeed! Sometimes they just have to learn.

We loved the R&C, too! I can't wait to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Loved the update. I love Epcot days!

Your Test Track pictures are absolutely hilarious. Your grandma's a champ for going on twice!

I'm bummed that you were disappointed in the BW Bakery. Did you try any of the cupcakes? I've never had a bad thing there. Maybe it was an off night?

I just have an unusual obsession with the BW...it's perfection to me, lol!
I was surprised she got on TT a second time! That was definitely the last time, though.

I never did try any of the cupcakes at the BWB. I wanted to, though. They looked really good! I was sad that what I had didn't quite live up to my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugApug View Post
Joining in! We'd love to stay at the Beach Club, and travel with family someday! Keep up the updates!
Thank you for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
What a great Epcot day! With the exception of your grandmother getting briefly sick.

This shot of the Mexico pavilion is amazing! I love the moon in the sky!
It was a great Epcot day! Although, it's hard to not have a great day at Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Sounds like a lovely day at Epcot!

I am suprised that the desserts from the Boardwalk Bakery weren't that great- They always look absolutely delicious!
They definitely looked better than they tasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Thinking of you today and sending ! I know dealing with court stuff is never fun, but I'm sure you handled it wonderfully!

Loved the Epcot updates! Can't wait for more!
Thank you for the kind thoughts! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
Great update! The TT pictures were hilarious! Love your grandmother for trying it with everyone else!

That is so funny about BW and the clown. We love staying there and my kids think the clown is the best part! Maybe we are strange

I am so glad you mentioned San Angel Inn! I have been trying to firm up our ADR list since our reservation date is fast approaching and was hesitant to try it. But its going on our list! Thanks!
I must admit, I've never heard anyone say that they like the BWI pool clown. I think that's great, though!

I hope you enjoy SAI if you go. It's one of our favorites.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #195
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great update! My grandmother was also NOT a fan of Test Track when she came with me last October! We also got a priceless ride photo
Yum-- I LOVE Rose and Crown! Apparently though, they've made some substantial menu changes and took my absolute fav, the Sunday Dinner off the menu?? I'm not too thrilled with the new menu.
Would you rate SAI over La Hacienda?? I really want to try one of them our next trip.
Must be something about grandmothers and TT. I had no idea that they'd changed the R&C menu. I don't think I can bring myself to try anything other than the fish and chips, though!

Hmmm...SAI and Hacienda. That's a really tough question! We really do love them both for different reasons. Unfortunately, we haven't tried too much of either menu so I can't say which reastaurant is more appealing. I would say if you want something a little more casual, go with Hacienda and if you're looking for something a bit classier go with SAI (not that SAI is fancy, but it's more so than Hacienda in my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
You're Grandma sounds like a champ willing to give it everything a try.

What a bummer on the BW Bakery! I'd heard such good things that is disappointing that no one had a good treat!
She was a trouper, for sure! I was so disappointed with the BW Bakery. I had high hopes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Great Epcot updates! I know I've said this before, but your TR has me SO excited to stay at the BC! I can't wait to be able to walk to Epcot!

HAHA I love your grandmother! She seems very feisty, and I'm so impressed that she went on TT! Good for her!

Yumm both your meals sound delicious! I want some Disney food!

Okay this is going to sound completely crazy, but out of our nine trips to Disney John and I have NEVER been to the Boardwalk. Can you believe that?! We will finally be going there this trip!

Can't wait for more!
I'm so excited that you guys are getting to stay at the BC! You're going to love it! There are just so many great things about that resort. I can't believe how long it took us to get to the Boardwalk! I think you'll really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Love your EPCOT day

I'm glad your grandmother gave TT two tries! Too bad she still didn't like it after the 2nd go-round! LOL

I've had a treat from that bakery and I agree- wasn't as good as I thought it would be... Oh well! Live and learn

Glad to hear that you and Miguel could get some time to yourselves- I bet that helped out on the trip!
Yeah, sadly the second go on TT wasn't enough to change her mind.

The time that we could spend alone was very special! It felt like a "regular" trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Great updates! I really love SAI, and the reason we tried it last time was because I read about in your TR- so thanks for giving us another restaruant we love!

The Beach Club looks so awesome! Someday, I WILL stay at an Epcot area resort...
I'm so glad that I could help you come to know and love SAI! I wish more people would give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Courtney!

Great update - looks like all the family enjoyed Epcot?

Can't believe it's almost time for October ADRs in a few weeks! I'm double checking park hours ready to make ours' on April 9th hehe

Emma x
Thanks, Emma! My family did really enjoy Epcot. I think it was probably their favorite park.

I can't believe how close our October trips are! They will be here before we know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates! I love Epcot days! I like how you guys go to a park, go back to the resort, and then go back to the same park at night, that's a great idea, you get to take a break and save money on park hoppers!

I love that your grandmother tried all of the rides, even if she didn't feel too well after certain ones! Rose and Crown is so good, I love eating there!

Relaxing at SAB is one of the things I'm really looking forward to on our trip in a few weeks, I love the Beach Club! I can't wait to be there!!!

SAI looks awesome, I really need to give it a try sometime! The Mexico pavilion is so beautiful, especially at night!
It was nice not to have the extra expense of the park hoppers, but after having APs for the last couple of trips, it felt strange knowing that we couldn't go to another park if we wanted to.

I'm so excited for you that you'll be at the BC so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Great updates! Too bad your grandma did not like Test Track, though it did make for some funny pictures!
Thank you! It definitely did make for some funny pictures.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: