Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #166
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry about your accident! Thank goodness you are okay!

I hope your sore body parts feel better very soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
OH NO! Sorry you've had an accident, but thank goodness you were not injured seriously. Cars can be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Oh No! How horrible!

Glad you're okay, which is the main thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Dear Courtney, NOW I know why you have been on my heart so heavy this week! I am so thankful it wasn't any worse and that YOU will be okay eventually!! Take good care of yourself and know I am lifting you in prayer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
OH MY!!!!
Car Accidents are always scary, even just fender benders ( to me )

Hope you are doing okay!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Oh no! I'm glad you are okay though!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LutheranChick82 View Post
I'm so sorry about your accident Courtney!!! I know when I had mine it definitely freaked me out and I tried to avoid the spot where I had my accident. All the sore spots will heal and you'll be good as new soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
OMG Glad you are ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
EEK Courtney, I am so glad you are ok aside from some soreness and that your accident wasn't any worse than it was!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
OMG! This is awful, but I'm glad it wasn't any worse!!! I was in a car accident almost 4 years ago and I agree that it is traumatizing. I don't know if you have yet, but I suggest getting back behind the wheel as soon as you can so you don't stay mentally scarred for life. I still tense up at several intersections, and am now the worst, most nervous passenger ever, but at least it's not so bad that I can't be in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
My thoughts are with you Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
So glad you are ok. Don't worry about us, we'll be waiting patiently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch View Post
Hope you are okay...Fixing a car is easy, fixing people, not so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Glad you're okay. That looked bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
SO glad you are ok! Hope the soreness starts subsiding soon. I know that stuff is no fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Oh so sorry about the accidents. I am glad that you weren't seriously injured. Accidents are so scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Oh Courtney, I'm so sorry!! I was in my first accident two yeas ago and it was just awful! Glad you're mostly ok-- make sure you watch the soreness though and head straight to the hospital if something doesn't feel right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Joining in!

So Sorry to hear about your accident! Hoping your body is recovering!

My hubby and I missed Illuminations on our 2009 trip. Something I am very sad about! I think with as much time as we will be in Epcot in October we should definitely have a chance to catch it!

Also sorry Wishes wasn't magical this trip. I remember that as being wonderful in 2009.

Great job on the FP collection! I am scared about using FP in the future since you need to use them during the return time! It really puts a damper on planning the days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm so sorry about the accident but I'm very happy to hear that you were OK. Take all the time you need, we'll be here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
oh Courtney I hope you are ok .. I had two accidents in 2010 and I know how horrible it can be; as well as the inconvenience of having to get your car sorted out like Mel said.. if you can, get behind the wheel again asap, I'm still a pretty nervous driver!

Luv & pixie dust,

Emma x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Ouch! I'm glad you're okay. Take all the time you need to rest up, we'll be here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry you were in an accident! At least you're ok and weren't seriously injured! I was in a similar (I think?) accident years ago, I was the last of 3 cars too, and I got blamed for it! I'm still mad about that because someone totally cut in front of me in traffic and then slammed on their brakes, and then they said I hit them from behind and then pushed that car into the car in front of them! Ughhhh! And I was sore for days! It was awful!

I hope you are feeling better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
So sorry to hear about the accident Courtney. I was in one a few weeks ago (I hit a deer!) and was all shaken up for a few days too. It's scary stuff!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Oh, Courtney! I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! I hope that you are resting and taking good care of yourself - mentally and physically! Disney is always a great place for your mind and body... so what better place to spend some time recovering from that but on the Disboards?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Thank goodness you are okay! Take your time and be good to you because we are not going anywhere. Life is so precious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Ohh I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you start to feel better soon your poor car, thank god for insurance! Take care of your self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I am so sorry!! What a pain. I'm glad you are ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
So sorry to hear about your accident! I am glad you are ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
OMG! so sorry to hear about your accident!!I hope you are okay!! xxoo
Thank you all so much for your kind words about the accident! Your care and concern means so much to me! I feel so blessed to have such great DIS friends! I'm glad to be *almost* done with the whole ordeal. All of my soreness is gone, and I have my car back (which looks good as new), but unfortunately I have to go to court tomorrow, which I am really nervous about! I've never been to court before, so I have no idea what to expect. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #167
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I just found your report and got caught up.

Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope things brighten up soon!

And thank you for sharing all the details of the trip- the magical and the no-so-magical! I think it makes for a much more realistic report!
Thank you for joining in! I am glad you are enjoying all of the honest details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
So excited when I came across another report from you. Im not sure I could ever go with anyone but my family of 4. My son is in marching band and is going to WDW soon and I'm tagging along. I keep telling my dh I'm not sure if its going to be as fun.
So glad to have you joining in! I think Disney is most enjoyable in its "natural" state - so, whatever we're used to it being. It is hard to adjust to something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thank you, Judy! You are always so thoughtful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
WoW! I am glad you are okay, even if you are shook up from the whole experience. I hate dealing with people, so car accidents are not only traumatizing, but also annoying! Luckily I have only had to deal with one (two, if you count my husband's) in my life!
For me, one of the worst parts was having to call the other parties involved to exchange information after the fact. I am very shy, so it was difficult for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Hi Courtney Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope you are doing better and got everything sorted with insurance etc
Thank you, Shannon! I think things are almost squared away now. Thankfully the insurance and car repair was fairly simple. I'm hoping court tomorrow is just as easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Hi Courtney! Hope everything is going well for you!
Hi Michelle! Thank you for checking in!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #168
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I am SO sorry that it has taken me so long to get my next update up! I have never gone so long between updates - 4 weeks! Wow! I have no good excuse, really. Just laziness. I've got to get with it, though, because I'm itching to start our October PTR. We're almost under 6 months! I'll be making ADRs next Monday!

Thank you all for sticking with me! I promise I'll do better!

Ok - on with day 2!

DAY 2 – PART 1

Miguel and I woke up very excited on Monday – we couldn’t wait to get to Epcot! I quickly got ready, and then while Miguel was getting ready I decided to go down to the BC Marketplace and get a quick bite to eat for breakfast. We had originally planned on just grabbing something from the club lounge, but it became a little too difficult to coordinate having someone meet us at the elevator to let us up to the fifth floor and I really need some protein in the mornings to prevent headaches before lunch and most of what was offered was just carbs (pastries, cereal, fruit, etc). I love carbs, but I need some meat or cheese with them in the mornings!

The BC Marketplace is the CS place at the BC, but it’s definitely more limited than what you’d find at other resorts. It’s really just a “market” that connects to the gift shop that primarily sells pre-packaged things, but they do offer a few cooked meals. If I was planning on eating a lot of CS meals or even if I was just planning on visiting my resort’s CS place a few times on a trip (which we often do), this would be a big downside to the BC. Yes, there are other options close by (Hurricane Hanna’s, the BW Bakery and of course the Epcot places) but sometimes you just want something quick and close, and the BC doesn’t really offer that. But, since we had tons of TS meal planned, it wasn’t a problem for us!

I ended up choosing the omelette croissant sandwich, which you can get with just cheese (my pick) or ham and cheese. This is kind of like the croissant sandwiches at the MSB, but not quite as good. I had kind of a love-hate relationship with these sandwiches. I really enjoyed them as I was eating them, but I felt a little icky afterwards. I think they were just really heavy, and I’m just not used to eating something like that in the mornings and then walking so much after. Still though, this was a tasty dish and I would recommend it if you’re at the BC.

Once I finished up my sandwich, Miguel was ready and it was time to meet up with everyone in the lobby and make the walk to Epcot! It was a beautiful morning!

Our first order of business as soon as we made it to Epcot was to high-tail it to the Land for Soarin! This was everyone’s first time on the ride and I was so excited to see and hear their reactions.

We first grabbed some FPs for later, and of course Mike questioned why we needed them if we were getting in the line now. I did an internal eye-roll, explained that this would most likely be a group favorite, and then moved everyone into the stand-by line for our first flight!

The verdict: they loved it! I sat next to my grandmother and she oohhed and aahhed (and gasped) the whole time! The Imax-ness of the ride made my dad just a little dizzy, but other than that, this was a hit!

Unfortunately, we had to make a pretty long bathroom break at this point because my grandmother wasn’t feeling well. She only has a fourth of a stomach so her body is pretty sensitive and the long walk right after breakfast had made her a little sick to her stomach. We took the time to just lounge for a bit until she felt well again.

After making our way out of the land, we headed over to another attraction that I was excited to see the reactions on: Test Track!

I had a feeling that my grandmother would find this a little too thrilling, but we did it anyway! She screamed the entire time! We of course found this to be pretty hilarious and laughed throughout the whole ride.

Now, please don’t think I am mean for taking my grandmother on the attraction, especially after she wasn’t feeling well! As far as her stomach goes, this is something that she’s dealt with for 30 plus years, and it’s a pretty common thing for her to have little reactions. We’ve all learned how to manage it pretty well, and she refuses to let it slow her down! Also, I would never put her on something like ToT or RnRC or EE, but I actually did think that she would end up enjoying TT. Yeah, not so much!

After TT we decided we needed something a little more tame for grandmother, so we headed to the front of the park for Spaceship Earth. I must say, I kind of missed walking through the front of the park and seeing SE first thing! So, we of course had to take a few pictures before getting on the ride.

Spaceship Earth was a welcomed relaxing ride, and we all loved building our futures. I kept hearing my grandparents laughing the whole time their futuristic selves were on the screens!

Continued in next post.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #169
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – PART 2

At this point, we decided to leave Future World and head back to the World Showcase so that we would be close to our lunch ADR at Rose and Crown. We took some time an explored the pretty gardens in Canada.

We still had quite a bit of time before lunch, so Mike suggested the O Canada movie, so we did that. I had hoped to watch some of the WS movies on this trip, but sadly this is the only one I got to.

It was neat seeing the scenery of Canada, ( and I guess the movie did its job, because it made me want to go!) but I don’t think I need to ever do this again, you know?

After we finished with the movie, we were all getting hungry, so we decided to try to check in at Rose & Crown early in hopes of being seated before our ADR time.

Luckily, we only waited about 5 minutes and we were able to be seated a few minutes before our planned time! I was really hoping for a seat on the patio and when I asked if we could be sat there, I was told no problem! We were lead down to a table in the lower portion of the patio and introduced to our lovely waiter, Katie. She was so sweet! I was a little worried that our table was going to be too warm, but it ended up being really nice. I think I could have sat there all day and just stared out at the lagoon!

I already knew what I wanted, so there was no need to peruse the menu for long! I was dying to try the fish and chips! I was so glad I got them – they were amazing! The fish was battered perfectly and the fries were just the right texture – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Delicious! This is what we all ended up choosing (except my dad) and we all agreed that this was an excellent meal!

My dad is allergic to seafood, so he got a pork dish, and he enjoyed that as well.

Our dishes were just small enough to leave us wanting a little more, so we decided to get a few desserts to share with the table. We went with the custard (which was like a crème brulee), the cheesecake, a sugar-free trifle (as my grandmother can’t have sugar) and of course, the sticky toffee pudding. Everything was very good, but the toffee was definitely the winner!

After we finished eating we just sat for a while and enjoyed the view and the great lunch. We all loved the R&C, and Miguel and I can’t wait to go back in October!

We couldn’t sit for too long though – we still had things to do!

We still had our Soarin’ FPs from earlier, so off we went to the nice, air conditioned Land. Our first order of business was a ride that we always enjoy – Living with the Land!

Everyone enjoyed this. It’s so simple, but so interesting!

After LWTL, we did Soarin’ again! Everyone was very happy that we had an extra set of FPs!

Our final stop for he afternoon was Test Track, again, since it had been another favorite. We surprisingly convinced my grandmother to do it again, but she still hated it! Oh well!

We decided to play this one up a bit, to match my grandmother's reaction. Everyone but my dad got the memo! And Miguel was too busy looking at my grandmother's face!

At this point, we were all very ready for our afternoon break. It was pretty warm that day and Epcot is a lot of walking after all! On the walk back to the BC, the skies looked very ominous and it seemed as though mine and Miguel’s plan of SAB wouldn’t work out.

We stopped for a quick PP picture, and then we made a mad dash back to the BC to try to beat the rain.

Continued in next post.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #170
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 – PART 3

When we got back to our room Miguel decided to hit the gym and I would take some pictures of the pool area and then we’d meet up at Hurricane Hanna’s for a few drinks.

After about 30 minutes of my wandering, Miguel called to say he had finished at the gym so I grabbed us a daiquiri (for me) and a margarita (for him) and got the same table we had been at the day before.

It was a little chilly since the sun wasn’t shining too brightly, but it was still very peaceful just being by the pool. We came to really love those moments that we could escape and just be by ourselves!

My two drinks the day before had made me pretty tired, so I opted to stop at just one and we went back up to the room to get ready for the evening. After a quick change of clothes for me and a shower for Miguel, we met up with everyone in the lobby to walk back to Epcot for dinner at SAI!

Miguel and I were very excited for this meal since it was one of our favorites from our honeymoon, and I knew that my family would love the ambience of the restaurant. I know I’ve said this a few times, but I really do encourage you to give SAI a try! They have really tried hard to improve it, and I think it shows!

Don’t you just love the Mexico pavilion at night? It is probably my favorite “after dark” country.

We tried for a long time to get these pictures just right!

After our little photo session we made our way inside and there were once again many ooohhs and ahhhs from my grandmother. My grandparents had never been to Epcot, and they just couldn’t get over how each country looked so authentic. My grandmother loved that the inside of the pyramid was made to look like it was outside. Apparently, it must have been very authentic to her, because she kept asking us if we were actually outside!

I got us checked in, and we had a little wait so we entertained ourselves with all of the fun merchandise.

Finally, our buzzer went off and we were led to a table right by the water! I just love getting a good table at a restaurant; I think it instantly starts the meal off right!

Grandmother was obsessed with the boats from the Fiesta Tour, and she kept trying to get a good picture of them. I think this picture is so hilarious, because you can tell that the girl totally knows she’s being photographed!

Sadly, I have no food porn to share with you all from this meal! Because of the lighting, I took pictures with my iphone instead of my camera and I’ve sense gotten a new phone and lost all of my pictures. We all ended up getting the same thing, with the exception of my grandmother, which was the steak tampequena. This is what Miguel and I got on our honeymoon, and it was just as tasty as we had remembered! You get a skirt steak, a cheese enchilada, rice, beans and guacamole. Everyone loved it! My grandmother got the fish tacos, which are actually on the special DDP three-course menu, but they had no problem letting her order them.

Overall, this was an excellent meal! We were all stuffed, but we of course had to go in search of some dessert, since we had all decided by this point that no meal was complete without dessert! I swear, I have never eaten so much in my life!

I was really hoping to try the caramel store, but by the time we got there, they had already closed for the night since technically the park had already closed. Never to fear, though, I had another idea!

Something else I had really been wanting to do was check out the Boardwalk area, so I suggested we go over to the BW Bakery. Everyone agreed, so off we went!

The BW is so cute! Miguel and I explored it some more a little later in the week, and we really fell in love with it. I think I would like to stay at the BWI one day, but I must admit, the clown pool is a turn off, and I’m not even afraid of clowns!

Inside the bakery, we all debated about what yummy treat to enjoy.

I don’t remember what everyone had at this point, but I do know that I had the Tiramisu and it wasn’t very good. In fact, no one’s desserts were very good. It’s cute, but we weren’t very impressed with the BW Bakery. At least it was nice to sit outside and eat, though! The BC and YC looked so pretty across the lake!

After we finished our desserts we literally wobbled our way back to the BC. I felt so stuffed! All of that food made it very easy to fall asleep that night!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #171
Dream426
Love Disney!!

I love the test track picture!! I cracked up when I saw it. haha

My husband has the same hat that girl has in the boat, Fiesta Tour. He loves it...haha Here he is wearing it. He wore it all over the Disney cruise and on Pirate Night...haha

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Last edited by Dream426; 03-25-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #172
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! But, I'm glad that you are well and on the mend. I could imagine that's such a scary experience.

I envisioned your inner eye roll that you did with the "why do we need these if we're riding it now?" for Soarin'. Oh inexperienced ones.

Love the R&C. Great food pictures. I haven't eaten there in a few trips.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #173
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Loved the update. I love Epcot days!

Your Test Track pictures are absolutely hilarious. Your grandma's a champ for going on twice!

I'm bummed that you were disappointed in the BW Bakery. Did you try any of the cupcakes? I've never had a bad thing there. Maybe it was an off night?

I just have an unusual obsession with the BW...it's perfection to me, lol!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #174
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

Joining in! We'd love to stay at the Beach Club, and travel with family someday! Keep up the updates!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #175
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

What a great Epcot day! With the exception of your grandmother getting briefly sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
This shot of the Mexico pavilion is amazing! I love the moon in the sky!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #176
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lovely day at Epcot!

I am suprised that the desserts from the Boardwalk Bakery weren't that great- They always look absolutely delicious!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #177
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Thinking of you today and sending ! I know dealing with court stuff is never fun, but I'm sure you handled it wonderfully!

Loved the Epcot updates! Can't wait for more!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #178
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

Great update! The TT pictures were hilarious! Love your grandmother for trying it with everyone else!

That is so funny about BW and the clown. We love staying there and my kids think the clown is the best part! Maybe we are strange

I am so glad you mentioned San Angel Inn! I have been trying to firm up our ADR list since our reservation date is fast approaching and was hesitant to try it. But its going on our list! Thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #179
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update! My grandmother was also NOT a fan of Test Track when she came with me last October! We also got a priceless ride photo
Yum-- I LOVE Rose and Crown! Apparently though, they've made some substantial menu changes and took my absolute fav, the Sunday Dinner off the menu?? I'm not too thrilled with the new menu.
Would you rate SAI over La Hacienda?? I really want to try one of them our next trip.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #180
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

You're Grandma sounds like a champ willing to give it everything a try.

What a bummer on the BW Bakery! I'd heard such good things that is disappointing that no one had a good treat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: