Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #151
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you start to feel better soon your poor car, thank god for insurance! Take care of your self

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #152
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry!! What a pain. I'm glad you are ok!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #153
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your accident! I am glad you are ok.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #154
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

OMG! so sorry to hear about your accident!!I hope you are okay!! xxoo
Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #155
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I just found your report and got caught up.

Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope things brighten up soon!

And thank you for sharing all the details of the trip- the magical and the no-so-magical! I think it makes for a much more realistic report!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #156
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

So excited when I came across another report from you. Im not sure I could ever go with anyone but my family of 4. My son is in marching band and is going to WDW soon and I'm tagging along. I keep telling my dh I'm not sure if its going to be as fun.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 03-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #157
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #158
oboedm
DIS Veteran

WoW! I am glad you are okay, even if you are shook up from the whole experience. I hate dealing with people, so car accidents are not only traumatizing, but also annoying! Luckily I have only had to deal with one (two, if you count my husband's) in my life!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #159
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Hi Courtney Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope you are doing better and got everything sorted with insurance etc
Old 03-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #160
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Hi Courtney! Hope everything is going well for you!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #161
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I haven't read the whole update yet, just part 1, but I have to say that your Grandma is adorable with her determination to meet Pooh! lol
We went to CP last year and it was actually one of our favorite meals - it was our day 1 dinner ADR, the characters were perfectly timed, and we ended up leaving just in time to watch Wishes from CP's front porch But, I know that we were just lucky that the stars all aligned for a perfect evening, and really that perfect timing could happen at any restaurant at any given night. I'm glad she finally got her picture with Pooh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
bahahahah I am loling over here at poor Miguel doubling back to Space Mountain to replace the too-early set of non-FP's. AND at Mike asking why the 'other line' didn't all get FP's...probably because they listened when someone in their party said "FP's? What do we need those for? There aren't any lines!" lol...good thing you & Miguel knew better and kept piling up your FP's for the bigger afternoon crowds!
Your CP evening sounds magical! Isn't it nice when things work out that way?

I knew they would "understand" the FPs eventually! It definitely didn't take long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Great updates!! That sucks about the FP. Also I would be annoyed with people being late. For some reason in Disney you all have to be on time...haha That kitchen sink ice cream is insane!! I would def. have to have a big group to eat that.
Thank you! I completely agree with being on time in Disney. I feel like even being off by a few minutes can really make a difference at the beginning of the day. And, I'm always so paranoid that we'll be turned away from an ADR if we're too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your bad Wishes experience. Unless you are able to snag one of the chairs and sit right at the railing at the train station, I don't think the view is very good. Its just the same, if not better right below the train station near the flag pole, IMO.

We love B&C! DH & I frequent that place too often when we stay at BWV. So glad everyone enjoyed the Kitchen Sink and that even Mike came back to partake!
Yeah, I don't think we'll be watching Wishes from the train station anymore. I really do prefer it on Main Street, as crowded as it may be!

B&C became a favorite of ours. We went there several times! In fact, I think it was my favorite thing about the BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I love CP! I don't think we've ever seen all the characters either!!! They don't all walk around one right after another and that's wierd to me!

HAHA I laughed so hard when you kept updating that they loved the FPs after complaing about having them! I dislike people that complain a lot, and I thought that they would probably end up loving them, which they did as you said and I laughed!!! That jus goes to show that you should never complain about something you don't know a lot about!!! LOL

I feel so bad that your wishes view wasn't the best and that Mike complained! I would have been biting my lip badly not to say anything! Or to snap and tell him to go watch downby hisself! lol But that's how I am- I can only take so much negativity from people before it gets to me and I can't NOT say anything!

I've yet to go to Beaches and Cream. It's so cute inside!! I am glad that Mike came to enjoy in it and you all had a great experience with it and then night ended well
I think they could really use some better planning for the how the characters come around at CP. This is (if I'm remembering correctly) three trips in a row where we didn't meet all of them. For us, it's not too big of a deal, but I would imagine that it would be for little kids! We don't want to have to sit and wait for 20 minutes after we've eaten to see them, either!

I am the same way - negativity really starts to affect me and my mood after awhile! I was definitely at my breaking point during Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Great set of updates. Sorry about the bad Wishes experience. We grabbed spots right in front of the Plaza and they were great. I'm glad to know it wasn't wonderful at the train station though, because that is where I wanted to go, but got outvoted. Good thing I guess

Beaches n Cream! We walked down to the Boardwalk Area twice specifically to find Beaches n Cream. I knew that they didn't allow anyone staying outside BC/YC to go in the pool area, but it just seemed really blocked off. I couldn't figure out how to get over to where Beaches was. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to try it. The Kitchen Sink looked like so much fun. I have an issue with eating after people, so I probably wouldn't like it, but it looked like fun.

I didn't notice it raining Super Bowl night, but I think we might've been eating at Kona at that time, so thats probably why.
Thank you! I wouldn't recommend the train station unfortunately. Out on Main Street is so much better.

The KS does get a little gross after a point. They bring you a bunch of bowls and a big spoon so you can all dip out your own, though.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #162
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Looked like a full & fun day in the Magic Kingdom Courtney! Sorry you didn't make it for rope drop.. I'll have to remember that for August, that it takes longer to get to MK from the TTC than the resort buses
Something else that you made me think of.. as part of being in a bigger group... was the restroom breaks! when it's just the two of us, we barely ever stop - but with a group of 8, we'll have to stop more often lol.

That was odd about the noise echoing in the train station during Wishes but finishing the night at Beaches & Cream with a Kitchen Sink sounded perfect

Emma x

I find it kind of annoying that it takes as long as it does to get to the MK. That is the one and only park I prefer taking a bus to. It's so nice to be dropped off right in front!

I seriously felt like we were always stopping for someone to go to the bathroom!

The Kitchen Sink was the perfect way to end the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Another great update Courtney!

It is very hard touring WDW as a party of six, We did it in October of last year and I got so tired of trying to please everyone and making sure they were all having a good time. We had to make a LOT of stops for cigarettes and bathroom breaks lol.

Beaches & Cream - what can I say? There is a reason why my family love the BC so much
Thank you! Traveling with a group is definitely challenging, even moreso than I expected!

I think B&C was one of my favorite things about the BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I really hope that one day you get to experience rope drop at Magic Kingdom. You can skip all the other parks, but the Welcome show is just so magical!

Seems like you had a great day overall, despite the few downs. I have to agree with Mike on one thing though. Magic, Memories and You is such a beautiful and magical show that is better experiences way up close. And though you miss a bit of the effect of Wishes being to close, I think how special MMY is more than makes up for it! But I guess with the rain that started, it might have been better to be covered.

I love the time you got to spend alone with Miguel at SAB. I'm sure it felt nice to hang out just the two of us.

I want to try the Kitchen Sink! Ron and I are hoping to one day visit the parks with one of our brothers so that cousins can play together, and I'm sure the kids would love to dig in that ice cream!
I really, really want to make it for RD at the MK someday. I feel like it would be the perfect way to start off the day.

The one and only other time that we saw MM&Y was during the Wishes dessert party, so we were still pretty far away then, too. I bet it is so much better right at the castle.

You must try the KS! It is such a fun experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Well, since you've read my previous TRs, you know that my family never makes it out when we plan. I've never seen the opening show at MK, either. I may just leave them in the bed during this upcoming trip!

Always enjoy eating at Crystal Palace.

Just have to ask......Who/What was the tour group wearing pink in your Haunted Mansion picture?

SAB is awesome, isn't it? Fun, but exhausting!

We've never tried Tony's, for all the reasons you talked about. I've read the mixed reviews, so I was glad to hear from someone I "know".

Sorry that Wishes didn't turn out like you'd planned, but hey-what a great ending to the night with a Kitchen Sink! Y'all finished off more than we did!

Enjoyed your update!
I guess if there's one thing I'm guilty of doing both at home and on vacation it's not giving myself enough time to get ready in the mornings. I have no problem getting out of bed at Disney. I should just set an alarm for earlier!

I think the tour group in pink were the quinceanera girls. They all were wearing shirts that said "15". There were quite a few tour groups there, which surprised me! I wasn't expecting so many in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Great ending to the day! Ice-cream makes everything better, especially in Disney.

I have only stayed at the Poly because I looove the MK, but your TR with the BC is making me think about things.
B&C was a great way to end the day. It definitely made me forget about some of my irritations from earlier in the day!

The BC is a great resort, but I must admit, I'd pick the Poly over the BC any day!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #163
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I have really been enjoying your TR. I have been taking notes, and will use it to study, for I will be planning our family trip for next year. Your reports are always so informative and fun.
Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying the report. I hope my tales of traveling with a group will come in handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!

Ugh, I'm sorry you missed MK rope drop! It's such a cute show, I hope you get to see it someday!

Aww, Crystal Palace, I love that place! I almost want to go back in May, even though I don't have an ADR for it right now...maybe I should make one...

Haha, I love that everyone was impressed by the Fast Passes!

Isn't SAB awesome? It does seem like it was a pain that you could only get in at certain areas, though, when we stayed there, we just walked in and we had to find a CM to get a bracelet!

OMG the kitchen sink looks so good! I was just reading about it, it's only 8 scoops of ice cream? That doesn't seem so bad...I wonder if Brandon and I could conquer it...we DO like ice cream!

ps-I started my May PTR, come on over when you get a chance!
I am determined to make it to RD at the MK! Hopefully on our next trip. Being at a monorail resort should leave me with no excuses!

Yeah, there actually isn't that much ice cream in the KS - it's mostly whipped cream! If I ever get it again, I actually think I would ask for it without the whipped cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Wow so much to say ...

I'm so sorry you missed rope drop - we've never seen it either

You're breakfast at CP looks amazing - makes me feel good about adding a reservation there for our MK day

Great job on teaching everyone the amazingness of Fast pass

My heart literally aches that you had such a bad Wishes experience ... now you and Miguel just have to go back on a Wishes cruise to have another super great memory

Wow, wow, wow on the kitchen sink, that thing is unreal ... and I was laughing so hard at your Grandpa with the Milky Way
I love the CP breakfast! It's my favorite way to start off an MK day.

I am still sad about Wishes! I hate having less than magical moments during things that are normally so special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnjamison View Post
Here to read along...
Thank you for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
I've never seen the RD at MK either... we try to get before opening ADRs at CP. Which we love! Breakfast at CP is how we start our MK days it is a nice spread, and so relaxed. I'm sorry you didn't get to see all the characters inside. Your grandmother's picture with Pooh is adorable!
I feel the same you do about Tony's we went there last year and honestly we weren't impressed. It was ok not horrible but not great. I think most of that came from the very rushed service. I'm sorry Wishes was not enjoyable this time around I also feel there is something very magical about Wishes. Last year we saw it from the bus stop since DS was tired and cranky.
Oh WOW to the KS that look delicious! It something to try with a group though.
We love starting off our MK days at the CP, too. It really gets us excited for the day ahead!

Rushing at Tony's must be standard service! It will be hard for us to go back because of that!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #164
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Just finished catching up on your TR! I'm enjoying reading- even the less than spectacular parts; it's just how life goes sometimes!

Though I am sure a trip for just you & Miguel can't come soon enough!
I'm glad you're enjoying even the less than magical parts! I decided before beginning this TR that I would be 100% honest! And yes, Miguel and I are really looking forward to a trip with just the two of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great update!

Beaches & Cream- I've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink!

Wishes - I'm so sorry it was not enjoyable. Wishes is my absolute favorite part of WDW! My kids like to watch me cry and make fun of me during EVERY show! Oh the joys of parenting!! I'm very proud of you though, you kept your cool which is not always easy, not sure I could have, especially during Wishes of all things!
Thank you!

I was so upset that Wishes was kind of ruined for me. You know something is wrong when you're willing it to hurry up and be over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Aww, I hope on your trip with Miguel that you get to see the MK rope drop! It's magical-- I can't watch it without getting choked up!!
Augh, I tried watching Wishes from the train station once (underneath it actually) and it's really not a good spot. Our view was blocked and it was very claustrophobia-inducing.
I'm glad that despite some rocky spots, your day ended on a high note! Your Kitchen Sink adventure sounds really funny!
Also-- I have to ask...do your grandparents co-ordinate outfits?! Their tops are matching in both the day and night photos and it's adorable!!
I am so determined to see RD on our next trip. Although, I've said that every trip and looks how its turned out. I think we just need to get up earlier!

Haha - yes, my grandmother coordinates their outfits so they look good in pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on!

The CP breakfast just looks so good! I've made reservations there for the past 2 trips and for one reason or another we've cancelled both times. I hope to get there one of these trips! It was cute how your grandma just wanted a picture with Pooh!

Glad to hear you didn't wait on many lines but your FPs came in handy when you did need them!

Wow, I will just die if we can stay at the BC for our honeymoon...your pool time sounds amazing!!! Your drinks look yummy as well.

I'm happy Tony's was above your expectations! Sorry to hear Mike started to be a complainer though, what a downer

OMG Beaches and Cream... The Kitchen Sink sounds like pure heaven although I've never tried it. I just love the whole atmosphere of B&C though, like an old soda fountain. The little "ceremony" they do when someone orders the Kitchen Sink is so cool too!
I hope you get to try CP sometime! We really enjoy it.

The complaining was definitely getting to me by the end of the night. The Kitchen Sink did help, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Joining!!! Cannot believe how late I am! Going back to the beginning...
Glad you made it over!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #165
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniyah View Post
I am just catching up on your new TR! I totally understand how you felt, the person I went with on my last trip complained a majority of the trip. At first I too took it personally, but then I just ignored the complaints and repeated my mantra for the trip "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place!"
It's very difficult to deal with constant complaining especially when, in my opinion, it's not warranted! I had to repeat that same think to myself many times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Looking forward to more of your adventures!
Day 2 is (finally) coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Hi Courtney! I've been away from the DIS for awhile, but I'm back now and ready to catch up on your latest TR! I'm going back to read now, just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Okay I'm all caught up! Yay!

Chick Fil A- great way to start a long drive!

YAY! I'm so glad you stayed at Beach Club! That's where we're staying in July, so I can't wait to read more about it! It looks amazing!

I'm glad you told your grandmother you were upset so you guys could talk it out! There's no need to start a Disney vacation with complaining!

I can't wait to use the international gateway to Epcot!

AHHH I'm so ready for the new Fantasyland!

I am loving the new borders for the 2012 PP pics!

It's so funny that your dream Disney job is a Jungle Cruise skipper because it's mine too! It's the only job where I could rely entirely on my sarcasm!

I can't wait to try Stormalong Bay!

YAY! You got the kitchen sink! John is determined to try that on our trip this summer! He wants to go all Man vs. Food on me and eat the whole thing! It looks delicious.

Wow, your trip is getting me so excited for our July trip! I can't wait to read more!
I know I've already said this on your TR, but it's so good to see you back here!

You guys are going to love the BC! Between SAB, the International Gateway and B&C, it's a fabulous resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I don't know how I missed that you started this, but I'm here and all caught up!

I agree that it is tough traveling with a group, and it can be a very different type of trip. We frequently travel with my family and DH's family, and while it is fun, I feel a lot of pressure to keep everyone happy and that can get a little stressful. We are going down next month with DH's parents, his sister, his sister's fiancee and his sisters fiancee's parents. I'm a little wary about this trip, because I don't know his sister's fiancees parents at all, and its difficult to travel with people you don't know. Its also challenging because they want me to plan the trip, and I'm reluctant to take the reins. Mostly because its Easter week, and I've been told that they want to avoid waiting in line, and don't want to be around crowds, but also don't want to wake up early. That's a catch-22 if I ever heard one, and I don't want to be in the line of fire when they figure out that its not going to work.

I hope things get easier as the trip wears on, and that your bounceback trip at least took some of the sting out of not being able to experience WDW the way you would have liked to.
I definitely felt a lot of pressure on this trip. I felt quite a bit during planning, but it wasn't to the point of being upsetting, and I figured that once we got there that would all go away and we'd just enjoy being at Disney. Sadly, I think it got worse once we got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcvpanama View Post
A little late but joining in!!!
So glad to have you joining in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: