Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #586
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

I totally forgot to congratulate you on your newest addition (belle) - she is so cute and I think it is so wonderful for kids to grow up with pets!!

OMG how awful about the double ear infection!! You must be so worried. I didn't even know they could give shots, but I really hope it's cleared up in time. How is he doing otherwise? Home with you vs at daycare?

I have yet to deal with a fever (knocking on wood) so I don't even know what that will entail, vs one of us staying home of course with her.

Poor Paxton, I hope he feels better. I guess, better now than finding out in a couple days!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #587
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Poor Paxton. I hope his ears feels better. It has to be nice for him to now be able to point you in the right direction when something hurts. At 15 months I am still playing the guessing game. Our poor little guy had teething issues two weeks ago and right when that seemed to get under control he gets sick. Poor little guy wakes up coughing several times a night and has a constant runny nose. Today seems to be the best he has been in awhile so fingers crossed I will get my happy baby back soon.

I really enjoyed Lion King. We didn't see it last time, but we hope to watch it again our next trip. I'm thinking there will be enough going on to keep him occupied. If not we will try to get an end bleacher if we need to sneak out. I'm sure Paxton will be singing and dancing along and have a great time.

I enjoyed meeting the Characters at Rafikis, but I think we will skip it this trip. It just seems like alot of effort for what you get to experience. I dont know just what I remember from it... But since Paxton enjoys trains I'm sure you will get more out of it than we did

I love how you guys take time out to go back to your resort and relax. This is something I really hope to do this trip. With DS only being 7 months it was easy to get him to fall asleep in the stroller for naps. Now I think he will be way to interested in what is going on to lay down and fall asleep..unless of course he is completely exhausted at night. I really think we need to prioritize a good nap to make the most of our day.

Last day. "Rent-a-crib room" I think you got something here. I may even try to squeeze in one after touring Magic Kingdom with a toddler I hope your experience with church goes well. It is always hard to go some where different.

If you don't get a chance to check in one last time before you leave I hope you all have a great trip and a good birthday celebrations.
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #588
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

OMG!! I can't believe he got another ear infection. I hope those shots worked! I can just imagine the pain when flying....

Well, this is it, Kid! You guys are leaving sooooooo soon!!!! I hope we run into each other at some point, maybe around WBC? I would love to meet you guys and see little Paxton in person!

Good luck with the Dr appt and Paxton's ears. Hope you have a safe flight, and if we don't bump into each other, at least we can read each other's TR's and compare note!

Here's to a great vacation!!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #589
Leger13
DIS Veteran

almost time to go go go!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #590
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I know how you feel about writing about your last day, I don't like reading about last days either, if it makes you feel any better. I wish we could all just live at the magic together, forever! Now there is a utopian community if I ever saw one!

Anyway, I think your plans look great. I bet Paxton will enjoy FotLK, Everett did alright in Feb, and he has no attention span what so ever. The "can you feel the love tonight" part lost him a little, but he enjoyed the fire and the tumble monkeys and the end!

Rafiki's planet watch I'm sure will also be a big hit, what little boy doesn't live for trains, and the goat petting part is pretty fun also. I just hope Paxton isn't a rule breaker like Everett and chase the goats under the ropes before you can catch up. Those poor goats didn't know what was coming for them!

I also wish there was somewhere dark and comfortable for toddlers to sleep in the parks. Wouldn't it be awesome if they had a daycare setup, where you could just drop them off to nap and be paged when they woke up. A girl can dream, right!

Way to score a good deal on the Ramada suites! Its always so much easier to sleep when you are in separate rooms. Dh and I may very well sleep on the couch of our two bedroom villa in April, and give Everett a room of his own!
Good to know Everett enjoyed FotLK & Rafiki's, those boys seem a lot alike! Hopefully Paxton will like them too. And hopefully there is no goat chasing!!

They do the babysitting service on the DCL ships, they could make a KILLING on that in the parks for infants & toddlers, even if it was JUST somewhere for them to sleep and paying CMs to keep an eye on them and page the parents when they woke up. Disney is missing a huge opportunity here!

On the rooms, when my parents thought they wouldn't be able to join us we considered going down to a one bedroom unit, but then I thought, Paxton will have his own room! We can actually use the living room & kitchen after he goes to bed for a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It will be here soon!!!

I'm sorry Paxton has another ear infection. I hope it clears up quick and he's ready to go!
Tomorrow morning!

So far so good with the ears. He got his three shots & the doctor checked him out yesterday and said both are looking better. The one he was really complaining about was still a little red. So hopefully a little Motrin before the flight will do the trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
I totally forgot to congratulate you on your newest addition (belle) - she is so cute and I think it is so wonderful for kids to grow up with pets!!

OMG how awful about the double ear infection!! You must be so worried. I didn't even know they could give shots, but I really hope it's cleared up in time. How is he doing otherwise? Home with you vs at daycare?

I have yet to deal with a fever (knocking on wood) so I don't even know what that will entail, vs one of us staying home of course with her.

Poor Paxton, I hope he feels better. I guess, better now than finding out in a couple days!
Thank you! Belle has been a great addition to our family. I was hesitant about getting a dog, but we have a blast in the evenings running around with her in the backyard in the evening, and Paxton just LOVES her!

His ears were mostly clear when we went to the doctor yesterday for his 3rd & final antibiotic injection, so hopefully that last one took care of the rest of the irritation. I kept him home on Wednesday, and after just one shot he was feeling SO much better. No more fever and running around playing. So he went to school yesterday & today, and they said he did fine. The only problem was when DH had to pick him up yesterday to bring him to the office for his last shot, and he had a total meltdown when he had to get dropped off at daycare AGAIN! Other than that, he is back to normal, so hopefully we can just get through this flight tomorrow unscathed and have a fun week!

You are lucky with Aria, and hopefully that keeps up for you! DS didn't have his first true fever until a month ago with his last ear infection, and it was totally awful. Before that it had just been low grade temps after his immunizations and stuff. He would wake up crying during the night and I'd go pick him up and he felt like he was on fire. At least it was nice that he was able to tell us his ear hurt. That was the first time he had really communicated to us that something was wrong, even before the fever started. Otherwise, I might have waited another day to see if the fever ran its course on its own before taking him to the doctor. Another day of him feeling miserable! So glad he can talk now!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #591
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Poor Paxton. I hope his ears feels better. It has to be nice for him to now be able to point you in the right direction when something hurts. At 15 months I am still playing the guessing game. Our poor little guy had teething issues two weeks ago and right when that seemed to get under control he gets sick. Poor little guy wakes up coughing several times a night and has a constant runny nose. Today seems to be the best he has been in awhile so fingers crossed I will get my happy baby back soon.

I really enjoyed Lion King. We didn't see it last time, but we hope to watch it again our next trip. I'm thinking there will be enough going on to keep him occupied. If not we will try to get an end bleacher if we need to sneak out. I'm sure Paxton will be singing and dancing along and have a great time.

I enjoyed meeting the Characters at Rafikis, but I think we will skip it this trip. It just seems like alot of effort for what you get to experience. I dont know just what I remember from it... But since Paxton enjoys trains I'm sure you will get more out of it than we did

I love how you guys take time out to go back to your resort and relax. This is something I really hope to do this trip. With DS only being 7 months it was easy to get him to fall asleep in the stroller for naps. Now I think he will be way to interested in what is going on to lay down and fall asleep..unless of course he is completely exhausted at night. I really think we need to prioritize a good nap to make the most of our day.

Last day. "Rent-a-crib room" I think you got something here. I may even try to squeeze in one after touring Magic Kingdom with a toddler I hope your experience with church goes well. It is always hard to go some where different.

If you don't get a chance to check in one last time before you leave I hope you all have a great trip and a good birthday celebrations.
It's SO nice that he can talk now! Like I said to Imagineer5 up above, had he not told me his ear hurt, I would have maybe waited another day to see if the fever lasted or went away, which would have meant another day of us all being miserable. You will get there soon enough. Hopefully your DS is feeling better soon & back to normal. It sucks when they are sick!

Even though we didn't do many shows last time, when we did, we always made sure we were near an exit just in case. I never had to leave with him, but I always wanted to be positioned just right in case I needed to! We just flat out avoided things that were questionable and that we couldn't get out of/off of right away, like Ellen's Energy Adventure & Carousel of Progress.

Rafiki's is one of those things I always say I want to do and we never get to it. I'm hoping this time we can at least try it and see if we like it, and then if we don't, we never need to do it again. Hopefully if nothing else he will enjoy the train aspect. He is all about trains right now!

Taking a break at the resort was something we just decided to stick with to make us all have a better experience. It was hard leaving the parks sometimes when we were still having fun, but I wanted Paxton to have a good time too and have time to play and walk around without getting under people's feet. Last year in WDW, I think there was only once he even napped while on our break because he usually did it in the stroller. At 18 months, while in DL, we stuck to his home schedule and it was so wonderful! He was awake and alert in the parks in the morning and afternoon and got a nice good nap in the middle of the day. I don't know if it will be that easy this time since it takes a little longer to get around WDW, but we will see what works for us this time.

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
OMG!! I can't believe he got another ear infection. I hope those shots worked! I can just imagine the pain when flying....

Well, this is it, Kid! You guys are leaving sooooooo soon!!!! I hope we run into each other at some point, maybe around WBC? I would love to meet you guys and see little Paxton in person!

Good luck with the Dr appt and Paxton's ears. Hope you have a safe flight, and if we don't bump into each other, at least we can read each other's TR's and compare note!

Here's to a great vacation!!
I'm hoping giving him some pain medicine before the flight and an antihistamine to dry up his sinuses it won't be too bad. Fingers crossed! At least the shots made him feel better so we didn't have to mess around with oral antibiotics and taking several days to feel more like himself.

Yes, hopefully we will see you!! When we get there tomorrow I'll PM you which building we are in to see how close we are or if we will be around the resort at the same time & can meet up. Paxton loves making new friends!

Since I probably won't have time to tell you before you leave, hope you have a wonderful vacation & safe travels as well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
almost time to go go go!!!
Tomorrow morning, the trip begins!!!!!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #592
khertz

Headed to Disney World!!

Well, at least we will be tomorrow. Just thought I would stop in to say hi & bye as we leave in the morning to catch our afternoon flight in New Orleans. Next stop, Disney World!!

Here's a picture from a photoshoot we tried to do with DS a couple weeks ago (until it came to an abrupt halt when he got stung by 2 wasps on his leg!). My friend was taking the pics for us and just playing around with the settings on her camera to get them right, but DS was in front of her cheesing for the camera, so she snapped a quick test picture. It was the one that came out the best because he refused to cooperate the rest of the time! It pretty much sums up exactly how excited I am right now!!

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #593
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Have fun!!!!

I expect to see a full, detailed report on the newly refurbed Country Bear Jamboree when you get back.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #594
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm so glad to hear that Paxton is feeling better and that things are looking rosy for this trip! Have a wonderful time!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #595
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic trip!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #596
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Sooo excited for you! Have a fabulous time!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #597
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

have a great time!!!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #598
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Love the pic and that smile! precious! have a wonderful time!!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #599
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Sooooo glad to hear he is feeling better! That picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can't wait to read all about the trip! Have a blast!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #600
khertz

Hey everyone just popping in to say we are having a fantastic time!! Spent the morning in DHS and Paxton got a little birthday surprise at lunch.

Just thought I'd give you all a sneak peek while Paxton is napping. Hopefully I'll have time to check in again soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: