Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #571
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Hip, hip, hooray for single digits!

We haven't done O'hana for breakfast but we did it for dinner in March and it was fabulous! You will love the resort. And I understand never using the amenities...we are staying at Grande Vista for the third time now and have yet to step foot in to the pool area. I'm hoping we can get down there this weekend and check it out. I have picture that I posted in my PTR that I snapped from the balcony and that's it. Shouldn't be too hard to swim I have a friend down there right now and she said it has been hot, hot, hot this week!
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #572
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you guys are going back already! Lucky ducks. I would ask if you are getting Disney'd out, but I think I know the answer.

I like how you said "Sleep in day" followed immediately by "O'hana ADR @ 8:50 AM". The life of a parent with a 2-year old I guess.

Can't believe it's only 9 days away. You must be so excited. We have 8 months to go unitl our ABD-BSM trip, and probably 12-13 months until WDW. (Still leaning towards November to catch some Christmas stuff, but late-October still remains in the mix.)

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #573
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Hip, hip, hooray for single digits!

We haven't done O'hana for breakfast but we did it for dinner in March and it was fabulous! You will love the resort. And I understand never using the amenities...we are staying at Grande Vista for the third time now and have yet to step foot in to the pool area. I'm hoping we can get down there this weekend and check it out. I have picture that I posted in my PTR that I snapped from the balcony and that's it. Shouldn't be too hard to swim I have a friend down there right now and she said it has been hot, hot, hot this week!
Same as us, this is our third trip to WBC and we have never gone to the pool! And it really looks amazing and relaxing. So hopefully we can check it out this year. I always say that and then...well, we decide we want to be in a park! But I'm really making the effort this year.

Yuck, I'm hoping it will cool off at least a tiny bit before we arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I can't believe you guys are going back already! Lucky ducks. I would ask if you are getting Disney'd out, but I think I know the answer.

I like how you said "Sleep in day" followed immediately by "O'hana ADR @ 8:50 AM". The life of a parent with a 2-year old I guess.

Can't believe it's only 9 days away. You must be so excited. We have 8 months to go unitl our ABD-BSM trip, and probably 12-13 months until WDW. (Still leaning towards November to catch some Christmas stuff, but late-October still remains in the mix.)
I can't believe it already either! I think after this trip, the post Disney blues will REALLY hit since it will be a year before we are back! 4 trips in 11 months is something I didn't EVER expect to be doing, especially two trips to each park. I'm really happy we had the opportunity, and Disney'd out I don't even think is in my vocabulary!!

Yes, sir, sleeping in around here is 7:30 am.

I am excited but although I keep checking the number of days left, it hasn't really processed that we are leaving not this Saturday but next.

I'm really missing a Christmas trip! Next year is supposed to be October, but I still feel a tug for those beautiful Christmas decorations!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #574
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

You're getting so close!!

Ohana was one of our favorite character dining from our last trip. Felt like the characters never rushed through our table and spent a lot of time interacting with the kids. You'll love it.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #575
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Looks like Paxton's birthday was a ton of fun! Everett has the same fire station toy, and it is a huge hit around here too, so maybe its just a super toy for little boys!

Single digits! You'll be there so soon! I think your day sounds awesome, we did breakfast at Ohana once and it was great! I also think that pool time sounds like fun as well as DHS!
CandleontheWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #576
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm really missing a Christmas trip! Next year is supposed to be October, but I still feel a tug for those beautiful Christmas decorations!
Oh, I'm telling you - you should join us in 2nd week of November next year!

-Festival Of the Masters
-Last weekend of Food and Wine
-MVMCP
-Osborne Lights
-Low Crowds (post Jersey week, pre-Thanksgiving)
-Near perfect weather.

C'mon - you know you want to. I won't tell them Paxton's turned 3 if you don't! We'll be too busy telling them our daughter's still 9. (OK, not really since we will only go for free dining, and if it's free we might as well get adult credits. But if we had to pay for dining I'd be lying my butt off. )

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #577
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
You're getting so close!!

Ohana was one of our favorite character dining from our last trip. Felt like the characters never rushed through our table and spent a lot of time interacting with the kids. You'll love it.
I know, I'm getting so excited now that the party is over! That was dominating a lot of my time & excitement for awhile.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed 'Ohana. I found Chef Mickey's to be rushed with characters. The first time, I thought it was because we were just a table full of adults, but I noticed it with Paxton too. And originally, it was so we wouldn't have to wait to see those characters in the park, but we do anyway! So I figured it was time to try something else. I'm really excited about the fact that they bring the food to us so I don't miss anything while at the buffet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Looks like Paxton's birthday was a ton of fun! Everett has the same fire station toy, and it is a huge hit around here too, so maybe its just a super toy for little boys!

Single digits! You'll be there so soon! I think your day sounds awesome, we did breakfast at Ohana once and it was great! I also think that pool time sounds like fun as well as DHS!
It must be that particular toy then! What's really funny is that almost everyone else who bought him a toy for a gift either asked me what he was interested in, or told me they spent a lot of time trying to remember what he likes before buying anything. The girl that bought him the fire station said she was hurrying through Wal Mart and grabbed the first thing she saw that looked good for a boy his age!

Glad to hear another review for 'Ohana. I'm excited to be trying a new place this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Oh, I'm telling you - you should join us in 2nd week of November next year!

-Festival Of the Masters
-Last weekend of Food and Wine
-MVMCP
-Osborne Lights
-Low Crowds (post Jersey week, pre-Thanksgiving)
-Near perfect weather.

C'mon - you know you want to. I won't tell them Paxton's turned 3 if you don't! We'll be too busy telling them our daughter's still 9. (OK, not really since we will only go for free dining, and if it's free we might as well get adult credits. But if we had to pay for dining I'd be lying my butt off. )
You definitely make a convincing argument!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #578
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

WOw his birthday party looks like it turned out FANTASTIC!! Nice job!! Cake is amazing, and LOVE the idea of the cookies!! SO CUTE! I might have to steal that idea, I'm toying with a Minnie themed party since Aria loved her so much. We will see!!

YAY can't believe it's almost here!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #579
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
WOw his birthday party looks like it turned out FANTASTIC!! Nice job!! Cake is amazing, and LOVE the idea of the cookies!! SO CUTE! I might have to steal that idea, I'm toying with a Minnie themed party since Aria loved her so much. We will see!!

YAY can't believe it's almost here!!
Thanks! A friend from high school does the cookies. She has done them for both of my baby showers & both of Paxton's birthday parties, and they are always a huge hit! She makes some really adorable Minnie ones also. Too bad you are not local! I'm sure Aria will love a Minnie themed birthday. You could even do something themed for Minnie's Bow-tique!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #580
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Your trip is ALMOST here!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #581
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Never tried them in the waffle iron, but that sounds delicious! I'll have to try it out sometime. We even have a Mickey & friends waffle iron I could use!

Yes, the house was packed!! Next year we will definitely have to do the party somewhere else. Which means I also won't have to do all that cleaning before & after so win-win! He enjoyed opening presents for the most part. Like I said, he got stuck on that first gift. I don't know if it's really that he loved it all that much or just that he didn't understand he had a lot more fun things to open.

Lots of toys & lots of snacks for the plane to keep him occupied! Flying to WDW is no biggie since the flight is only a little more than an hour. But to DL, we bought a bunch of stuff so it would be brand new on the flight. Board books, a mini Magna Doodle, coloring books (with triangle colors so they don't roll off the tray!), little cars, and movies and games on the iPad. I think this time I'm going to get him a sticker book (obsessed with stickers since starting at daycare) and we will definitely be bringing his choo choos to play with. But I think a few episodes of Thomas & Friends on the iPad will be enough to get us there.
They are absolutely delicious! Let me know what you think when you try them

Thanks for all of the flight tips! I will have to buy him a mini Magna Doodle that is a great idea. Also the triangle crayons are smart too. I have some but wouldnt have thought to take them instead

I'm sure you are so excited only 3 days!
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #582
khertz

Day 8 & 9 Plans

Well, 4 months ago when I started posting our daily plans, I thought for sure I was starting way too early. And yet, here I am three days before our trip without much time left to still post and two days' plans to post!! In my defense, this week has not gone according to plan. DS had a great day at school Monday, and then after dinner while playing outside with DH and Belle, he pointed to his ear out of the blue and said, "Ouch." He woke up twice that night burning up with fever, so back to the doctor's office we went yesterday where he was diagnosed with ANOTHER double ear infection!! Luckily by now since he has been on 3 different oral antibiotics since the end of August, we were at the point where he needs shots. Not that I'm excited about my child having to get shots, but I know it will clear him up a lot better than 10 days on an oral. He got his first one yesterday, a second one today, and he goes for his third and last tomorrow and the doctor will peek at his ears again then to make sure they are cleared up. I'm so worried about putting him on a plane if they are not cleared up!!

So, while he is napping, I'm wrapping up the rest of our trip plans now! Tomorrow I'm working and Friday I'm packing and then we are LEAVING!!

Saturday October 27th

This was originally going to be a DHS morning, but after the park hour changes, this became our Animal Kingdom morning instead.

Hopefully our plan of checking out AK in the afternoon earlier in the trip will have paid off so this morning we can spend time doing the headliner attractions like the Safari...

...and seeing Festival of the Lion King.

We didn't work it into our plans last November and I think we both really regretted it. I think this year DS will be really interested in it with the singing and acrobatics.

I'd also like to attempt to get over to Rafiki's Planet Watch at some point just because it's something in all my trips to WDW I have never done. And DS is all about trains right now, so I think he will just enjoy that aspect anyway.

After an afternoon break at Bonnet Creek, we will be hopping over to Magic Kingdom for our last night in the parks.

I'm hopeful we are not TOO tired and can maybe stay that night to see Wishes & MSEP for (hopefully) the second time.

Sunday October 28th

Our last day in Disney World! I am sad just thinking about it, and our trip hasn't even started yet!!

It will be another early morning as we will need to finish packing and load up the car, plus check out of Bonnet Creek before heading out to the park for the day. Which park? That much should be obvious. Where else to end a Disney vacation but Magic Kingdom?!

We will spend the day taking it easy, revisiting favorite attractions or catching those we missed earlier in the trip. Unfortunately, since we will be "between homes" we will have to hope DS naps in the stroller. I wish they had a room with cribs in those Baby Care Centers!!

When we feel like we can't go anymore, which I expect will happen somewhere mid-afternoon, we will get in the car and head to our new home for that night, the Ramada Suites by the Orlando airport.

We got a King Suite for a great price, so we will at least have a little separation between us and Paxton so that we can all get a good night's sleep! Once we check in here, we will need to go to church, so I found a few churches close to the hotel that could work for our needs. Hopefully they will be kid friendly! Then we will grab some dinner somewhere close by and close up shop early for the night. Our flight home leaves at 7:15 am Monday morning, so we will be up EARLY the next day to get over to the airport! We had thought we might return the rental car that night and just take the shuttle Monday morning to avoid another day charge on our car, but with the price DH was able to get, it wasn't too bad to just keep it one more night and return it in the morning before our flight.

Whew! There we go, the rest of the plans! I love posting them especially so I can see how well we actually follow them once we get there.

Hopefully I will have a minute to check in again on Friday, but I know I'm going to be doing a lot of laundry & packing for myself and DS!

THREE DAYS!!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #583
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Your trip is ALMOST here!!!
I know, I still don't think it has really hit me that we only have a few more days to go until we leave!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
They are absolutely delicious! Let me know what you think when you try them

Thanks for all of the flight tips! I will have to buy him a mini Magna Doodle that is a great idea. Also the triangle crayons are smart too. I have some but wouldnt have thought to take them instead

I'm sure you are so excited only 3 days!
I definitely will.

You're so welcome on the tips. I found the DIS invaluable when planning our flights to and from California/Seattle for our May trip because our flights were SO long. But on a plane Disney World is just a hop, skip & a jump, so I think a few movies and a coloring book will keep him plenty occupied. But I always bring more just in case!!

Very excited!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #584
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I know how you feel about writing about your last day, I don't like reading about last days either, if it makes you feel any better. I wish we could all just live at the magic together, forever! Now there is a utopian community if I ever saw one!

Anyway, I think your plans look great. I bet Paxton will enjoy FotLK, Everett did alright in Feb, and he has no attention span what so ever. The "can you feel the love tonight" part lost him a little, but he enjoyed the fire and the tumble monkeys and the end!

Rafiki's planet watch I'm sure will also be a big hit, what little boy doesn't live for trains, and the goat petting part is pretty fun also. I just hope Paxton isn't a rule breaker like Everett and chase the goats under the ropes before you can catch up. Those poor goats didn't know what was coming for them!

I also wish there was somewhere dark and comfortable for toddlers to sleep in the parks. Wouldn't it be awesome if they had a daycare setup, where you could just drop them off to nap and be paged when they woke up. A girl can dream, right!

Way to score a good deal on the Ramada suites! Its always so much easier to sleep when you are in separate rooms. Dh and I may very well sleep on the couch of our two bedroom villa in April, and give Everett a room of his own!
CandleontheWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #585
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

It will be here soon!!!

I'm sorry Paxton has another ear infection. I hope it clears up quick and he's ready to go!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: