Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #466
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I have the same birthday plans as your DS LOL. Breakfast at Crystal Palace and spending the day in MK. Really is there any better way to spend your birthday??
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #467
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105
I have the same birthday plans as your DS LOL. Breakfast at Crystal Palace and spending the day in MK. Really is there any better way to spend your birthday??
Lol that's exactly what I would do if I was in WDW for my own birthday! But you'll probably never catch me there since my birthday is in the middle of June. Haha
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #468
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness I might have already seen those pictures of Paxton but they are absolutely adorable. Talk about hamming up to characters. The one with Piglet is just the cutest thing ever. Paxtons birthday sounds wonderful. I am definitely jealous of his birthday plans. Unfortunately our whole families birthdays are in July so we will never be in WDW to celebrate.

I've said it once and I will say it again Cold Stone= Yum!
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #469
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Oh my goodness I might have already seen those pictures of Paxton but they are absolutely adorable. Talk about hamming up to characters. The one with Piglet is just the cutest thing ever. Paxtons birthday sounds wonderful. I am definitely jealous of his birthday plans. Unfortunately our whole families birthdays are in July so we will never be in WDW to celebrate.

I've said it once and I will say it again Cold Stone= Yum!
Those were some of my favorite pictures from that trip. DH and I are not too fond of the Winnie the Pooh characters, but after how much Paxton LOVED them at breakfast, it will be something we have to do until he gets tired of it. I know what you mean, having a summer birthday stinks! Mine is in mid-June, and I don't see me ever choosing to be there on my b-day, even if it is my favorite place in the world. I'd much rather go when the weather is cooler, thank you very much!

Excited about Cold Stone!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #470
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That looks like a good plan for his Birthday! CP should be a great start to the day.

It's nice that you're only going to do rides and attractions he enjoys that day. That's going to be hard to do though. Especially if you walk by Space Mountain and it has the shortest wait you've ever seen there.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #471
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That looks like a good plan for his Birthday! CP should be a great start to the day.

It's nice that you're only going to do rides and attractions he enjoys that day. That's going to be hard to do though. Especially if you walk by Space Mountain and it has the shortest wait you've ever seen there.
You are SO right on that one! Maybe he will take a nap in the stroller...Then I won't feel bad "cheating" a little!!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #472
khertz

Shopping & Other Random Things

This weekend, we decided to do a little shopping and made some really great purchases that will be great for our upcoming trips! DS definitely made out like a bandit...first we stopped at Burlington, and found some cute t-shirts for him for $4.99 each.

Too bad we didn't have the Lightning McQueen for DL with all of the Cars Land hype going on at the time! But he can wear it for one of our DHS days I'm sure.

Also at Burlington, I found a maxi dress for myself to wear all the time, but also to bring on our upcoming DL weekend. Seems like it will be cool and comfortable since it will likely be a lot hotter than it was in May. And if it works well in DL, it might tag along for WDW in October too.

To the left in that picture is one of the 3 athletic shirts DH bought for himself. We have heard frequently on the podcasts we listen to that they are good for the hot days in the park because they wick away moisture and dry fast. Since DH is ready to brave some water rides this time around, I'd say that's a good thing! He also got one in red and one in blue.

The athletic shirts came from Macy's, as well as this adorable top I got for myself! I always seem to find at least one cute Disney design whenever I go there.

While we were walking around the mall we kept seeing people walking around with huge bags from The Children's Place, most of them with several bags. So of course, we had to check it out! They were having a HUGE sale! All of the baby boys khaki shorts were on sale for $4.99 so we got several in different shades of khaki and dark blue in 3T for when DS gets bigger, plus there was a whole wall of shirts and shorts for $2.99! So he also has a 3T polo and we got a bunch of cotton play shorts in different sizes since he is starting daycare (today was his first day!) and needs a lot of play clothes. I think $60 got us a total of 13 pairs of shorts and a polo, so less than $5/item. Not bad!!

Here's just a couple of funny pics we took of DS recently too.

Monorail Paxton!

And finally, I just have to share this photo that DH showed me online because it is just too funny!

McKayla Maroney is not impressed with Splash Mountain

The Olympics were so exciting, and I'm more than a little bummed that they are over. I always have a little case of withdrawals from the Summer Games when they end because I know it's 4 more years until I get to see them again. But the Games this year were VERY exciting! And I guess it is a little nice that I don't need to force myself to stay up until 11 pm every night watching the prime time broadcast.

Anyway, I know this post was a little random, but there ya go.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #473
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

DW came home this weekend with a bunch of Minnie Mouse stuff for DD. I think we're pretty much set for our upcoming trip. It must have been sale day everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
McKayla Maroney is not impressed with Splash Mountain

I almost feel sorry for her because she has really become one of the biggest punchlines from the Olympics. That said, come on, you won a medal. Suck it up and show some class!

Sorry, I'll end my mini-rant.

I like the Olympics too. It seems like there is always some sport that I would never otherwise watch that I just become obsessed with during the Olympics. It is disappointing to think about the fact that it will be 4 years before we can see them again, but at least it is only 2 years until the winter Olympics! I'm ready to start my next 2 week obsession with curling.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #474
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I like that dress! Super cute!

LOL at your Splash picture. I can't believe the Olympics are over. I feel like they just started! I watch the first week like a crazy person - I'm obsessed with gymnastics and swimming. I completely lose interest once track & field starts. The Winter Olympics I could care less about which is odd considering how much I love hockey. All my Rangers are split up among their countries so I end up not caring who wins. Oh well. See ya in Brazil!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #475
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
DW came home this weekend with a bunch of Minnie Mouse stuff for DD. I think we're pretty much set for our upcoming trip. It must have been sale day everywhere.

I almost feel sorry for her because she has really become one of the biggest punchlines from the Olympics. That said, come on, you won a medal. Suck it up and show some class!

Sorry, I'll end my mini-rant.

I like the Olympics too. It seems like there is always some sport that I would never otherwise watch that I just become obsessed with during the Olympics. It is disappointing to think about the fact that it will be 4 years before we can see them again, but at least it is only 2 years until the winter Olympics! I'm ready to start my next 2 week obsession with curling.
I was the same way with the Olympics. Suddenly I was SUPER interested in indoor volleyball and got very annoyed when I had to miss a match at work! I'm not big on the Winter Games so it's mostly just a 4 year wait for me though I may give it a try in 2014. My co-worker who is obsessed with the Olympics in general tried to explain curling to me and I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I like that dress! Super cute!

LOL at your Splash picture. I can't believe the Olympics are over. I feel like they just started! I watch the first week like a crazy person - I'm obsessed with gymnastics and swimming. I completely lose interest once track & field starts. The Winter Olympics I could care less about which is odd considering how much I love hockey. All my Rangers are split up among their countries so I end up not caring who wins. Oh well. See ya in Brazil!
Thanks! I've never tried a maxi dress before because I'm so short I didn't think I'd ever find one that didn't pool around my feet and trip me up, but this one was a little shorter than another one I tried on. Hopefully it's as comfortable in the parks as it was at home!

You sound exactly like me. Once the beach volleyball gold medal match aired, I was pretty much not interested in the rest. I watched some only because DH likes the track & field, but I'm much more interested in the swimming and gymnastics myself too. I don't really care for ANY of the sports in the Winter Olympics, so I usually don't pay attention to them, but I may try to give it another chance in 2 years. Ready for Rio!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #476
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz

I was the same way with the Olympics. Suddenly I was SUPER interested in indoor volleyball and got very annoyed when I had to miss a match at work! I'm not big on the Winter Games so it's mostly just a 4 year wait for me though I may give it a try in 2014. My co-worker who is obsessed with the Olympics in general tried to explain curling to me and I just don't get it.
I might actually like the winter olympics better in some ways. I always like the skiing and speed skating. I really can't explain curling either, but for some reason I became riveted by it during the last winter olympics.

This year volleyball was the biggest thing of interest in our house. DW coaches volleyball at a local hs, so she wanted to watch all she could. There was a lot of good volleyball played though both in the sand and on the indoor court, so I didn't mind watching it at all.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #477
Leger13
DIS Veteran

I love the purchases you made!!! Great shirts, dress is pretty. Yay!! I love new clothes but hate clothes shopping for myself. I could buy Alex clothes all day every day LOL. Love the new pics of Paxton too. He's just so cute! Always reminds me so much of Alex. That pic of McKayla is hilarious! I am sad that the Olympics are over but now it's SHARK WEEK. Sorry I haven't been around a lot. I don't get a whole lot of free time to get on here and catch up with everyone.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #478
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Birthday plans look AWESOME! And I mean that bc like Jenny, we have the same plans! Yay! hahaha.

Nice job shopping! the shirts look great! I wish DH would show interest in wearing those sorts of shirts. He wears mostly button-downs and they are HOT! I love your dress, too!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #479
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Birthday plans look AWESOME! And I mean that bc like Jenny, we have the same plans! Yay! hahaha.

Nice job shopping! the shirts look great! I wish DH would show interest in wearing those sorts of shirts. He wears mostly button-downs and they are HOT! I love your dress, too!
Crystal Palace is where the cool kids go for their birthdays.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #480
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Paxton's B-day plans look great! You can't beat a breakfast at the CP followed by a day at the MK! I also think tacos and ice cream cake sounds good too!

Great shopping! Maybe I need to check out the Children's place, I would love to get Everett some shorts for next year for cheap. I usually try to buy all his clothes a season ahead, and I'm doing well with shirts for next summer, but I don't have enough shorts.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: