Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #436
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is a busy day...but looks like fun! We are totally addicted to P&F in this house so it's a must for us too!! I hear rumblings of Perry being added...I hope it's true!!!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #437
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I like Phineas and Ferb too! I'm glad that it is finally entering the rotation at our house between Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Doc Mc Stuffins.

Looks like a very busy day, but hopefully you can get a lot done at DHS before it gets too crowded.
I was getting pretty tired of seeing the same reruns of the shows on PBS, so adding P&F to the mix was a nice break. And even better, there are lots things that make me laugh too while watching.

I'm thinking we are going to wear out our optimized touring plan! I'm going to put everything in, do what we can, and save the rest for our afternoon at DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm all caught up and I think your plans sound awesome!

I didn't realize you were taking an ABD Italy trip, that is so cool! I can understand how overwhelming it is to plan an Italy trip, when we went as a family in 2006, my parents gave up and handed all the planning responsibility over to me. I had spent the summers of '99 and '00 in Italy in college, so I had some working knowledge, but it still was tough.

The good thing was that with me doing the planning, we visited a lot more archaeological sites that we would have done otherwise, he, he, I'm sneaky like that!

If I could throw my two cents in, I vote for extra time in Venice. It is AMAZING! Like living in a fairytale! I remember when I went the first time, I didn't think I would love it, so I only planned on staying for two days. Well I got there and just fell in love with the city! I ended up meeting some guys who were there on a college program and they let me crash on a couch at their apartment and I stayed for another blissful week.

Yeah, I know staying in a strange guys apartment in a strange city was probably not the best idea, but I was 20 and stupid (and even hostels in Venice were expensive). Anyway, they were engineering students at RPI, how dangerous could they be?
Staying extra in Venice was my first choice! The DIS podcasters said they wish they had more time there because it's such a beautiful city and just a couple of days isn't enough. I'm still leaning towards that because I think just one day in DLP wouldn't be enough either, as much as I'd love to visit there. I have a feeling we will end up spending a couple days extra in Rome at the front end of the trip and a couple days in Venice at the end. I'm most excited about the ruins in Rome! I probably would have REALLY enjoyed the sites you took your family to! I love that kind of stuff, although I can imagine as an archaeologist your REALLY love it!!

Oh my goodness, yes, staying with random guys for a week was risky! But hey, you had a great experience doing it. After seeing Taken and watching the show Missing you wouldn't catch me doing that! I'd assume there was someone waiting to snatch me around every corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
What a fun day you have planned!

That's great about Phineas and Furb - when we were in the hospital (after I had my son) my Husband would always end up watching it on TV while I "napped." Now they are both addicted to the show

I hope plans work out for you to see Illuminations!
That's too funny about P&F. My DH also had control of the TV for the entire week we were in the hospital after having DS, simply because I was so tired I couldn't care less what was on TV. We watched A LOT of Sports Center that week!! DH started him on P&F and I was skeptical at first, but all three of us actually enjoy watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Wow! That is a busy day...but looks like fun! We are totally addicted to P&F in this house so it's a must for us too!! I hear rumblings of Perry being added...I hope it's true!!!
We watch it every day during lunch! Adding Perry would be SO awesome!! I think he is DS's favorite. Hopefully he is there by October!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #438
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We are very excited to see Phineas and Ferb too! And I keep hearing rumors about Agent P starting character greetings...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #439
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are very excited to see Phineas and Ferb too! And I keep hearing rumors about Agent P starting character greetings...
That would be so great! He LOVES Agent P. I know he would get so excited if he saw a lifesized Perry the Platypus.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #440
khertz

Harmony Barber Shop

I finally got on the ball today and called to schedule DS's haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop!

I went ahead and booked it for the beginning of our trip on October 21st (our first full day) at 10:30 am. He already kind of needs a haircut right now but I really wanted to wait and have it done in Magic Kingdom again. So I figured best to do it at the beginning instead of half the days of pictures being with long unruly hair!

We had a great experience there last November for Paxton's very first haircut, so I'm hoping this time will be the same!

Now that I'm looking at the pictures, he just might be wearing his Brees jersey again (hoping it still fits...it's a 2T!) since it will be game day!

He has had one haircut at home since his Disney 1st Haircut and did really well sitting still while she cut, so hopefully he will be cooperative this time too!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #441
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Gosh he is soooooooooooo cute. I still haven't cut DD's hair yet. I was thinking about doing it at MK, but not sure if we can fit it into the day. Did they give you a certificate or something?

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #442
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Gosh he is soooooooooooo cute. I still haven't cut DD's hair yet. I was thinking about doing it at MK, but not sure if we can fit it into the day. Did they give you a certificate or something?
Thanks!

He did get a certificate and also Mickey ears that said First Haircut.

If you can find time to fit it it, it's a really great experience!!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #443
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Awww, cute haircut photos! They do such an awesome job there, and it is so super cheap (!!) is it almost a no brainer to do a haircut at the MK! Speaking of which, I should probably get on the ball and schedule one for Everett.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #444
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey - I might be in MK that day. Infact, I thinks thats the night I am going to MNSSHP. I'll have to peek through the barber shop window and wave to Paxton!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #445
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Awww, cute haircut photos! They do such an awesome job there, and it is so super cheap (!!) is it almost a no brainer to do a haircut at the MK! Speaking of which, I should probably get on the ball and schedule one for Everett.
Yes, for Disney, it is surprisingly cheap! Even the first haircut where you get the ears is only $20. I asked today and the regular haircut is $15. Not bad when you think of all the Mickey stickers that are added in to the experience. I have been saying I was going to call and schedule for months now until I finally convinced myself that if I didn't call soon they might not have a time that worked for us so I'd better get on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey - I might be in MK that day. Infact, I thinks thats the night I am going to MNSSHP. I'll have to peek through the barber shop window and wave to Paxton!
If you see us in there, stop in & say hello!!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #446
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Yay for another hair cut!! That was the best thing we did on our trip in February! I remember your pics and video from the last trip of the hair cut. Paxton did so well! I need to call and book a hair cut for Alex for December. Can't miss out on one of the cheapest things to do there haha!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #447
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

The barbershop looks so much fun! Love those "first haircut" ears
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #448
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Aw he's so adorable. I love the ears he got!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #449
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Yay for another hair cut!! That was the best thing we did on our trip in February! I remember your pics and video from the last trip of the hair cut. Paxton did so well! I need to call and book a hair cut for Alex for December. Can't miss out on one of the cheapest things to do there haha!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
The barbershop looks so much fun! Love those "first haircut" ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Aw he's so adorable. I love the ears he got!
It was one of my favorite memories from our November trip too! I think it will be tradition for us on all of our Disney trips! And the ears made a great souvenir.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #450
oboedm
DIS Veteran

The first haircut ears are super cute! I am glad you had such a wonderful experience and hope the second time is just as magical!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: