Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Boo to You & Turning 2! Oct 2012 PTR *NEW* 10/30 We're Back! TR Link Posted!!

It’s time again for another PTR! I know they are not as exciting to read as a TR, but I hope you will join me anyway. This will be my 3rd PTR, so hopefully I will have learned a little something along the way to keep it entertaining!

Boo to You & Turning 2! October 2012 PTR

Introduction
Our Disney World History
Disneyland Plans!
Oh Because it's Carnival Time!
Airfare & New Clothes
More Airline Advice?
October Itinerary: First Draft
Luck of the Irish
MNSSHP Costume Ideas
ADR list
Disneyland Itinerary
Happy Easter!
Disney's California Adventure Must-Do List
Toddler Traveling
Disneyland Must-Do List
AP Event!
Disney WORLD Itinerary with ADR's!
Odds & Ends & Excitement!!
Almost There...
Disneyland, Here We Come!
Disneyland TR Link!
What's a Birthday Trip Without a Birthday CAKE?!
Day 1 Plans
One More Disney Day? (!)
Father's Day/Birthday Weekend
Day 2 Plans
July 4th & Anniversary Trip News!
Day 3 Plans
Double Digits & Anniversary Trip Plans!
Awesome Mail Day!!
Day 4 Plans
Harmony Barber Shop
Day 5 Plans
Shopping & Other Random Things
3 More Days!
Big (Potential) Changes & DL TR Link
Halloween!
Day 6 Plans
Changing Things Up...Again!
Flight Booked...Finally!
DS's 2nd Birthday Party
Single Digits & Day 7 Plans!
Day 8 & 9 Plans
Headed to Disney World!!!
TR Link!

JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014

Last edited by khertz; 04-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
khertz

Introduction

INTRODUCTION

First up, the most important information in any PTR…who, what, when, where, and why?

WHO
Here's a little visual to get started with, a picture of our little family of 3 on our most recent trip to WDW in November 2011:

First up is me, khertz! I’m 26 years old, a pediatric nurse, and a lover of all things WDW! I have been to the World 9 times, making this a pretty special 10th trip. My favorite characters are Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Stitch (Love that critter, but hate his attraction!). My favorite Disney movies are The Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., and most recently, I have really loved Tangled. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, followed closely by Hollywood Studios.

Next is my wonderful DH! He’s 27 years old, an electrical engineer, and a lover of all things Donald Duck! This will be his 9th trip. His favorite character is (obviously) Donald. He enjoys collecting and trading Vinylmations, both while in the parks and from home. His favorite Disney movies are The Lion King, The Jungle Book, and Pirates of the Caribbean. I didn’t ask him, but I’d guess that his favorite park is Hollywood Studios.

Rounding out our family is our amazing little DS, Paxton! He will be turning 2 smack dab in the middle of our trip, and it will be his second trip to WDW. On his first visit, he loved It’s a Small World, meeting the characters, riding the Carrousel, and discovering the taste of French fries.

Coming along with us are my parents, Paul & Kathy. For the purposes of this report, they will hereby be referred to as Nonni & Poppi since that is their “grandparent names” and that is the primary reason they are joining us on this trip. They said it just killed them to see our pictures last trip and to not be part of the fun! They are the ones who really made me into the Disney planner that I am today. Nonni’s Disney favorites are Winnie the Pooh, 50’s Prime Time Café, and parasailing at the Contemporary. Poppi’s favorites would probably be the array of beers available around the World Showcase! Haha.

Here is a picture of the two of them in WDW on a trip we took together in December 2009 before DS was born.

WHAT
7 days in Disney World! DH and I will be using our Premier Annual Passports for the last time, while Nonni & Poppi will be purchasing 5 day Park Hopper passes from AAA. They will be driving down on Sunday, while the 3 of us will be flying in on Southwest from New Orleans Sunday morning. We will be staying through the following Sunday, but my parents will be leaving to drive home on Saturday morning.

WHEN
Our trip will be from October 21-28, with DS’s second birthday falling on the 24th. We are looking forward to seeing the parks decorated for Halloween again like they were on our honeymoon, spending some time at the Food & Wine Festival, and maybe attending a MNSSHP.

WHERE
We are staying at our timeshare resort, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, for the 3rd time. We absolutely love it there! We have reserved a 2 bedroom deluxe unit, and are hoping to be able to request a fireworks view room like we did in 2009. I’m excited about having the 2 bedroom unit, simply for the extra bathroom with a regular tub to bathe DS in! Las time we had a 1 bedroom presidential with a whirlpool tub and bathtime was quite a monster.

WHY
Because we love Disney World, of course! Also, this trip was the basis for us purchasing the Premier AP’s to begin with. We knew we’d want to make the most of taking DS while he is still free, and it made financial sense to purchase AP’s for 2 WDW trips, plus the money we’d be saving on parking since we are staying offsite and will be driving to the parks every day. We chose the week of DS’s birthday because we had considered going Halloween week, but then decided it had been too much fun taking him Trick or Treating in our neighborhood and we didn’t want to miss out on that. Plus, our AP’s expire on November 4th, so we knew we’d have to travel before then. And we also wanted to go at a relatively quiet time of the year while we still can since DS is not in school.

So there you have the basics for this PTR, with plenty of planning to come! I will also probably be sharing my plans for our upcoming Disneyland trip in May here rather than starting a separate PTR for that trip. Mainly because I’m not really doing much planning for it! There is a shocking lack of information available for the dates we will be there, which immediately let me know that planning a DL trip would be way more laid back than planning a WDW trip. Also, with the short amount of time we will be there, we will be skipping any sit down meals, hence no ADR’s to plan for either. Just a brief overview of that trip…We will be flying to LAX on Monday May 14th and staying through Friday the 18th when we fly to Seattle to spend the weekend with some of DH’s family, then flying home on Monday the 21st. We plan to spend as much time in DL/DCA as possible in those few days, and we are hoping that as touringplans.com predicts, it will be a pretty slow time of year for DL, so not much planning required!

I hope you will follow along with our plans!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Subscribing!

I've been a lurker and decided I needed to stop...ha. We leave in 2.5 weeks for our next trip. We have a 3 year old son and an almost 9 month old daughter. This will be our first trip with two. Our son was a lot like Paxton on his first two trips...he loved EVERYTHING! He tells us daily what he loves to do at Disneys. We can't wait to get back and experience all the things he keeps talking about! Have fun at Disneyland! We did a day trip while in Southern Cali right at two years ago and have since been bitten by the Disney bug.
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing!

Emma x
Thanks for joining in, Emma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Subscribing!

I've been a lurker and decided I needed to stop...ha. We leave in 2.5 weeks for our next trip. We have a 3 year old son and an almost 9 month old daughter. This will be our first trip with two. Our son was a lot like Paxton on his first two trips...he loved EVERYTHING! He tells us daily what he loves to do at Disneys. We can't wait to get back and experience all the things he keeps talking about! Have fun at Disneyland! We did a day trip while in Southern Cali right at two years ago and have since been bitten by the Disney bug.
I'm so excited that my PTR drew you out of lurkdom! Have fun on your trip! I hope your first trip wrangling 2 kids goes well. DH spent a day in DL by himself when he was in California for work last year, and he couldn't wait to get back there with me and DS. That's what prompted our upcoming DL trip. I'm not complaining! I have always wanted to visit California/DL and I just wish we had more time to spend there. But I'm happy with a few days in DL for now.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

im here!! Love disney in october!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
im here!! Love disney in october!
Thanks for joining in! We are excited for another October trip!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Thanks for joining in, Emma!!

I'm so excited that my PTR drew you out of lurkdom! Have fun on your trip! I hope your first trip wrangling 2 kids goes well. DH spent a day in DL by himself when he was in California for work last year, and he couldn't wait to get back there with me and DS. That's what prompted our upcoming DL trip. I'm not complaining! I have always wanted to visit California/DL and I just wish we had more time to spend there. But I'm happy with a few days in DL for now.

Ha, yes, it was time! I need to post a quick PTR...the trip should be highly entertaining in the child wrangling department! My husband's family is going with us and my SIL has two kids the same ages as mine! So, it'll be double the fun. We did Disney with them before we were both pregnant with our second children and had a great time.

My MIL has a timeshare and that is how we wound up at DL two years ago...we spent the week near San Diego and squeezed in a day at DL. We did as much as we could but we still didn't get to see and do everything. And we didn't get to even venture across to CA. Our focus was to do as much stuff that they don't have at WDW. Although, I did insist on riding Peter Pan because it was and is my favorite. Can't wait to see your pictures! We plan to go back and spend several days there at some point. You know how it is...always have to have possible trips on the back burner.
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I followed you over from the October 2012 thread. Your son is absolutely adorable! Have you ever been to DL before? I was there last year as part of a TA group so if you have any questions, ask away!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Followed you over from your recent TR

We will be at WDW Oct 17-20, so its fun to hear others plans for trips during that same time. Plus, we are also looking at a possible DL trip next year.

Cant wait to hear more.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I lurked on your last TR, and figured I may as well stop and say hello!

P.S. Paxton is adorable!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I look forward to seeing how your plans come together.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I followed you over from the October 2012 thread. Your son is absolutely adorable! Have you ever been to DL before? I was there last year as part of a TA group so if you have any questions, ask away!
Thanks so much!!

DS and I have never been to DL! DH spent a day in DL alone earlier last year when he was in California for work and had a day off. He really enjoyed it, and couldn't wait to take DS and I. We had been planning on doing a DL trip when DS was a little older, but I am all for going earlier than planned and hitting both US parks in 1 year!! I will definitely let you know if I have any questions as I start my planning...Sad to say, I have not done much yet!! I started my countdown calendar, so I guess I will have to start working on some rough plans soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Followed you over from your recent TR

We will be at WDW Oct 17-20, so its fun to hear others plans for trips during that same time. Plus, we are also looking at a possible DL trip next year.

Cant wait to hear more.
I always love starting to plan a new trip and scouring the PTR boards to find other people going at the same time! I have a bunch of October PTRs open at this very moment in other tabs for some reading while DS is napping this afternoon.

...Actually, I just went through the tabs and yours is one that I have open & ready to read!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I lurked on your last TR, and figured I may as well stop and say hello!

P.S. Paxton is adorable!
Hello!

I don't know why, but some TRs I am so great at commenting on and some I just lurk. I need to start doing better about commenting because we all know how great it is to get comments!!

And thank you!! He is a handful but he makes up for it with his killer smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I look forward to seeing how your plans come together.
Great to see you here!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Thanks so much!!

DS and I have never been to DL! DH spent a day in DL alone earlier last year when he was in California for work and had a day off. He really enjoyed it, and couldn't wait to take DS and I. We had been planning on doing a DL trip when DS was a little older, but I am all for going earlier than planned and hitting both US parks in 1 year!! I will definitely let you know if I have any questions as I start my planning...Sad to say, I have not done much yet!! I started my countdown calendar, so I guess I will have to start working on some rough plans soon!
DL doesn't require a crazy amount of planning like WDW. It's a lot smaller and much more laidback & relaxed. The best part about it is that it's super easy to park hop! Plus most of the 'off property' hotels are closer to the parks than the Disney owned hotels. I really liked it but it's a completely different experience!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
DL doesn't require a crazy amount of planning like WDW. It's a lot smaller and much more laidback & relaxed. The best part about it is that it's super easy to park hop! Plus most of the 'off property' hotels are closer to the parks than the Disney owned hotels. I really liked it but it's a completely different experience!
I'm pretty excited about the parks being in close proximity to each other. That is one thing I will probably like about DLR more than WDW! I kind of don't feel lost not needing to plan anything, but it is kind of a nice break too. We so rarely have vacations where we don't scour all of the available information to come up with a plan of what to do, so it's nice to be able to relax a bit this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: