Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
katt789
DIS Veteran

"It's Safe to Say, I Love You!" A Solo Jan Adventure!-Now Completed!

Hello to all of you out there! And WELCOME!! I am your host! (your ghost host?!!? Who knows??!) and fearless TR writer, back once again from yet another trip to Disney World! (I know, I know, how do I do it?!) This one was a little different, with lots of changes to my regular habits while at Disney. But first, let’s start off with some introductions!!

The Who:

Me! (And yes, I’m doing the most “Disney-ified” face that I can…) I’m a 22 year old Disney fanatic, who works as a server (at a couple of different places) up here in Canada. I’m currently working towards paying off my debt & building up a bigger savings so that I can move out to Vancouver (or TO, or the states) to start some dream work in the arts industry, as I both act & dance! Here's a more "normal" picture...

I have been to Disney 5 times, once to Disneyland in 1997, and 4 times to Disney World since May of 2011 (yes, you read that right, and yes, you read the part about me being way up here in Canada right too…and no…I don’t have an annual pass….yet…) It’s safe to say that I can get around the Magic & Animal Kingdoms easier than my own neighborhood (hey, don’t judge I just moved!) and that I would rather spend a day watching Disney movies & coloring than going out & partying.

My favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (the atmosphere is just so incredible!!)
Favorite MK Land: Main Street USA
Fave MK Ride: Splash Mtn
Favorite Epcot Ride: Test Track Baby!!
Favorite WS Country: France (what can I say, those GG Slushies really do it for me! )
Favorite DHS Ride: Tower Of Terror!!
Favorite AK Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Show: FOTLK, I can’t miss it, EVER. It’s jam packed with SO much incredible talent, and just SO CLASSIC (also, one of the greatest movies!) My dream job is to be that blue bird girl!
Favorite Princess: Ariel, followed closely by Rapunzel
Favorite Fab 5: Donald, I grew such a soft spot for him recently!
Favorite Winnie the Pooh character: Tigger. Hands down, I have loved him since I was about 4, when I was little, I used to call him my boyfriend, and that’s still a running joke!

So now that you have the who background, how about some more talking that’s not just about me?! What about everyone else on the trip, you may ask? Well, this was a solo trip, just for me!

When: Jan 29th to February 1/2012.
I needed a quick getaway from work, and the cold, and life here, so I started looking at vacations out to Banff or something, and then realized that it’s cold up here, and I wanted to go somewhere warm. Well, a little girl like me can’t even THINK of going to Mexico alone, and Australia’s a little far…where better to go than my happy magic place?!

Where: Well, I splurged this trip, after finding a 30% room discount, I decided, just to see how much it would be, to price out a room at the Polynesian. After crunching some numbers, I could afford it!! Dream resort! Heck yes!!

I had a 3 day park hopper pass, and was paying OOP for all of my food, I made one ADR for 1900 Park Fare on the 31 st, and that was my only plan that tied me down to anything. Before leaving, I checked crowd calendars, and EMH, and did a general plan for what days when, and that was it! I also got a data plan for my phone so I could tweet as I went along on my adventure!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Last edited by katt789; 04-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
IadoreWDW
But why is the rum gone?

Hello

I'm in.

Great intro.

You look like you should be a Disney Princess!

Can't wait to read all about your trip

Sarah

WDW AsMu '97WDW AsMo '99WDW offsite '04WDW offsite '08 WDW offsite '10
WDW offsite '12

faithtrust&pixiedust
adreamisawishyourheartmakes

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
dara00
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here my dear!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!!

And I just want to say THANK YOU for talking all these Disney trips so I can still get my Disney fix...
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadoreWDW View Post
Hello

I'm in.

Great intro.

You look like you should be a Disney Princess!

Can't wait to read all about your trip

Sarah
Thanks!! I honestly heard that quite a few times this trip, it's becoming more & more apparent that I need to audition again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here my dear!
Glad to hear you guys are here!! Hope you enjoy!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
katt789
DIS Veteran

You're Supposed to Be Excited!

Our adventure begins on a not so warm & cheery night way up in good old Canada (Calgary, Alberta to be exact) I had asked a friend to drive me to the airport, and thus, stayed at their house the night before (as it was much closer). The alarm went off bright and early at nearly 5:30 in the morning, and with a quick teeth brushing, we were on our way!

This part of the adventure, well, it’s not too adventurous, and thanks to me being solo, I kind of felt weird taking pictures, so I’ll bore you with just words for a bit first! I did the required “get to the airport 2 hours before your flight” thing, and at first glance at the Delta line ups, thought “oh dear God.” There was a GIANT group of what appeared to be ski-ers all over the place! Luckily, Delta workers were separating travelers who weren’t with the group & sending them through. I got through check in seamlessly, and then breezed through security. The Calgary airport wasn’t too busy on a Sunday morning, I still had 2 hours before my flight!! I wandered through after finding my gate and picked up a bagel with cheese egg & turkey from Great Canadian Bagel (although I had, had my heart set on a Harvey’s Breakfast Sandwich, those things are tasty!) and waited for boarding.

The flight went pretty smooth, I slept the entire way thanks to not sleeping much the night before, and before you know it, I’m at my stop over! I grabbed an Uncrustable & some cheese to munch on while I waited!

I slept some more on the next plane, and then….the magic began!! I landed in Orlando! All safe & sound!! YAYAYAY!!! I just adore the moment of getting off the plane, the humidity & heat hits you, and the smell of Florida just fills you up with happiness & pixie dust! (I have to say, this trip may have done me over into the category of people who recognize Disney scents in other places…yup…weird…..) I jumped down to the baggage claim, but not without a stop in the Universal Store for a look at the HP merchandise. This is where a large decision came up for me, when we went in May, I wanted nothing more than Bellatrix’s wand, and they didn’t have it. Well, they carry it now! And I found it at the airport store! After debating with myself for a while, I decided not to get it (at least not yet!) as I already have a wand at home. I quickly found my luggage, and then headed towards the Magical Express (or so I thought!! :shocked: ) It seems to be an ongoing theme that I get lost at this point. I can find my way around Disney property like nobody’s business, but MCO…not so much.

I quickly re-organized myself, and headed in the RIGHT direction! Since the trip had been booked so recently, I had to go to the counter to get my ME stuff printed, and then was directed into the line. (All while being addressed as “princess” *sigh* I love Disney!) This time, I skipped right by the Value Resorts line, and jumped into this one:

Now considering how much I’ve probably bored you, I’ll jump through to the highlights of the next 40 minutes! At one point on the Magical Express, a little boy was crying, clearly just tired, and his sister (who probably wasn’t much older) turned to him and said: “You’re supposed to be excited, we’re at Disney World…” Soooo cute! Gah! I love the adorableness of small children (and some of the stuff they say is just too cute!) The Polynesian was the 5th stop, and there was only 1 other family left with me. While entering the Polynesian was another moment to take a deep breath of that sweet sweet Disney air in!

Check in went pretty smooth, I had a cm that was “earning her ears” (I’ve noticed they’ve hired a lot of college program people as of recent) so it took a little longer, but I was fine with that, I was in DISNEY! (not to mention…deluxe resort!!) The cm that was helping her highlighted a quick route to my room, and off I went! I was in the Tahiti building (and along the walk, I got super excited that maybe my room would somehow magically be on the side where I could see the beach/castle!) Alas, no luck with the view, but it was still pretty magical! I was the last room on the right, farthest from the main building!

You may wonder why that gets a thumbs up? Well, it means that I was closest to the TTC! I was a quick under 5 minute walk to the monorail, which would take me to the Magic Kingdom, and I was quite alright with that. Here’s a few more shots from around the room:

After taking a quick look around, and exclaiming “THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!” I quickly changed from full length pants to capris, and threw on a light sweater, and practically ran over to the TTC, I had some extra magic hours I had to use!!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

I will be reading along! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!
Some day I want to be brave enough to go alone!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I'm here!!!

And I just want to say THANK YOU for talking all these Disney trips so I can still get my Disney fix...
Haha! No problem!! I'll be taking a lot in the next year, glad you're getting the Dis fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I will be reading along! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!
Some day I want to be brave enough to go alone!
Yay! And it was awesome!! Going alone wasn't as bad as you think it could be! I was a little awkward at first, and there are moments, but it's fantastic, you do what you want when you want!!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, your room at the Poly weirded me out, because it was a flipped version of our room.

Arrival is always so exciting, because for me it feels like what happens at the airport just takes FOREVER! I'm glad you've arrived.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahaha, your room at the Poly weirded me out, because it was a flipped version of our room.

Arrival is always so exciting, because for me it feels like what happens at the airport just takes FOREVER! I'm glad you've arrived.

Haha!! Thinking about a room flipped of mine is weird!! I love the arrival day, everything takes SO long, but once you get there its soooo worth it!!

Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm here!

Hooray for the fancy resort line at the ME!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #14
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Following along once again
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
luvMickey72
Mouseketeer

I, too would love to go by myself!

June 1982 - First trip - stayed at Grandma's summer house
June 1996 - Honeymoon - stayed off site at condo
Jan 2000 - CBR - Came Home w/"special souvenir" son was born 9 months later
May 2002 - Disneyland