Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #1351
wdrl
DIS Veteran

The Disney Magic arrived in port around 6:30 AM CST. The weather is clear with temperatures in the high 60s by this afternoon.

See you real soon!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1352
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Gina - If you get this before leaving home, could you possibly also make a couple of copies if you have a printer at home.

Thanks,
Beth

Yes, absolutely! I'll bring them to the first meet -- no need to panic, Steph! It's Happy Day, fiinally!!!!

It is such a gorgeous day, it almost hurts to look at it... Gonna be a great sailaway. See you all real soon!!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #1353
sasbass
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

Yes, absolutely! I'll bring them to the first meet -- no need to panic, Steph! It's Happy Day, fiinally!!!!

It is such a gorgeous day, it almost hurts to look at it... Gonna be a great sailaway. See you all real soon!!

-gina-
Thanks Gina! Whew! I can't wait! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It's my first Disney cruise, so I have no clue!!!
sasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #1354
Gina

It won't be your last Disney cruise, I can pretty much promise!

I just printed the sheet for FEE3, the group you're in. Two copies. Was there anything else you needed me to print?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #1355
sasbass
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
It won't be your last Disney cruise, I can pretty much promise!

I just printed the sheet for FEE3, the group you're in. Two copies. Was there anything else you needed me to print?
No that's it! Thank you thank you!! Are you going to be at the 2pm meet? We board at 12:30, so I don't know if we can make that one? If not, where is the other one? I'm wearing a black/white striped shirt and have brown hair if that helps!!
sasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #1356
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasbass View Post
No that's it! Thank you thank you!! Are you going to be at the 2pm meet? We board at 12:30, so I don't know if we can make that one? If not, where is the other one? I'm wearing a black/white striped shirt and have brown hair if that helps!!

Yes, I'll be at both meets... But I'll look for you before then. The second meet is tomorrow morning at 10:30, outside of Signals & Cove Cafe up on deck 10. And if it helps, here is a pic of me & my son, so we can hopefully find each other! And I'll have my Minnie ears headband on today, if that helps at all!!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #1357
thopkin1
Earning My Ears

See you all there!!
thopkin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #1358
thopkin1
Earning My Ears

Sitting in the airport, had a great time. The ship was beautiful. Hope everyone gets home safe!
thopkin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1359
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopkin1
Sitting in the airport, had a great time. The ship was beautiful. Hope everyone gets home safe!
Made it home a few hours ago. In a kind of post-cruise euphoria/funk. :

We had an amazing time! I hope everyone else did too! Safe travels.

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #1360
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Made it home a few hours ago. In a kind of post-cruise euphoria/funk. :

We had an amazing time! I hope everyone else did too! Safe travels.
We are on the same iten. leaving this Friday...any advice, highlights, etc. that you want to share?
emboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #1361
Gina

Howdy all..

I tell you what: Living close to the port is convenient and I love that part of it, but the huge downside is no transition time... One minute, you're standing on that gorgeous ship, and the next you're sitting in your living room wondering how the hell you got there. It's jarring and depressing. But the best cure is booking the next cruise, so that's my next task -- after all the piles of laundry, lol.

Tyler Dean and I both had *such* an amazing time... he pronounced it the best cruise yet, and I think I'm with him on that. As envious as I sometimes get of couples having wonderful romantic times together on cruises, I'm just as thankful to be single sometimes. It allows me to really get to know the cruise staff, and this time around they were my favorite bunch yet. We had SO much fun together, and I feel like I said goodbye to friends and not just staff.

And this DIS group was such a ball... Debbie, Beth, I had such a great time hanging out with you and your families!! So fun doing Magic Quest, trivia, Wheel, etc. with you guys. And yes, Beth, my coconut-rum-smelling bag will forever remind me of good (crazy!) times.

Beth, thanks again so much for organizing the FEE -- And thank you to everyone for all the amazing gifts, trinkets, souvenirs, and memories. I cherish each one of them.

I hope everyone else had as incredible of a time as we did!!!

-gina-

Old 02-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #1362
FSU88
Mouseketeer

After a lengthy day of travel yesterday, we are back to the ice and cold. I'll post some of my pictures after I get some sleep, we did not get home until 2AM and a nap is in order.
Sorry I did not get to the first day meet and after that seemed like a whirlwind. While I'm sitting here now, I still feel like I'm going back and forth a bit.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #1363
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

I had a great time on the cruise! Could have done without so much of the nonstop rocking motion in the Gulf that first couple of days, but even that wasn't too bad.

Loved meeting new friends and hanging out with them. Magic Quest with Gina and Beth is an experience I will not soon forget. ;-) Running into Gina all over the ship and Magic Kingdom constantly... Hanging out with Dorothy and her daughter Maggie (why did our girls wait until that last day to hang out together???)... I saw Julie and her husband Monte around often, Katie a few times. Saw many I recognized from the meet and greet but didn't get to talk with, so didn't know them.

The FE gifts we received were fun and welcomed. My daughter's favorite gift of all was the little trunk with her name on it - she loves things like that (can't get much with her unusual spelling unless it it personally personalized, not store bought - Elyssa is an uncommon spelling) and thought it was great to be able to keep most everything she got from the FEE in it. It was the most fun coming back to our room and finding things in the holder pretty much everyday except WDW day. Items we received included things such as Hershey Kisses, postcards, Mardi Gras items, pirate swords and other pirate items, wave phone holders, luggage tags, pins, door sign, lots of cool door magnets, wristbands for our cruise, glow sticks, and so much more!

I didn't zip tie our FE holder to the fish but wrapped it several times around the fish since the ribbon was long enough, making it a little harder to get off. When we came back from WDW, it was partially unwrapped, so someone had messed with it, but either gave up or were scared off. We were at the end of the forward deck 7, and our stateroom host told us not much happens in that hallway normally because it leads to the captain's cabin. Our hanger is personalized so I will definitely zip tie it next time.

I loved all the sea days! We really got to enjoy the ship. We did do the Shutters CD with the added printed photos and took full advantage of it, both on the ship and at WDW. Husband told me this morning that there are 113 photos on there, so that puts the per picture cost down to something reasonable. That package is not worth it unless you do tons of photos. We are still missing one photo from WDW with Belle my daughter really wanted, but they are working on finding it for us. It is on the card they gave us, but for some reason hasn't transferred to the CD package.

I love the length of the cruise - can't wait until someday when we can do an even longer one. For now, we rebooked for March 2014 on the Fantasy - including our oldest son who didn't get to go with us this time.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy

Last edited by dgmommie; 02-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #1364
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmommie
I had a great time on the cruise! Could have done without so much of the nonstop rocking motion in the Gulf that first couple of days, but even that wasn't too bad.

Loved meeting new friends and hanging out with them. Magic Quest with Gina and Beth is an experience I will not soon forget. ;-) Running into Gina all over the ship and Magic Kingdom constantly... Hanging out with Dorothy and her daughter Maggie (why did our girls wait until that last day to hang out together???)... I saw Julie and her husband (John?) around often, Katie a few times. Saw many I recognized from the meet and greet but didn't get to talk with, so didn't know them.

The FE gifts we received were fun and welcomed. My daughter's favorite gift of all was the little trunk with her name on it - she loves things like that (can't get much with her unusual spelling unless it it personally personalized, not store bought - Elyssa is an uncommon spelling) and thought it was great to be able to keep most everything she got from the FEE in it. It was the most fun coming back to our room and finding things in the holder pretty much everyday except WDW day. Items we received included things such as Hershey Kisses, postcards, Mardi Gras items, pirate swords and other pirate items, wave phone holders, luggage tags, pins, door sign, lots of cool door magnets, wristbands for our cruise, glow sticks, and so much more!

I didn't zip tie our FE holder to the fish but wrapped it several times around the fish since the ribbon was long enough, making it a little harder to get off. When we came back from WDW, it was partially unwrapped, so someone had messed with it, but either gave up or were scared off. We were at the end of the forward deck 7, and our stateroom host told us not much happens in that hallway normally because it leads to the captain's cabin. Our hanger is personalized so I will definitely zip tie it next time.

I loved all the sea days! We really got to enjoy the ship. We did do the Shutters CD with the added printed photos and took full advantage of it, both on the ship and at WDW. Husband told me this morning that there are 113 photos on there, so that puts the per picture cost down to something reasonable. That package is not worth it unless you do tons of photos. We are still missing one photo from WDW with Belle my daughter really wanted, but they are working on finding it for us. It is on the card they gave us, but for some reason hasn't transferred to the CD package.

I love the length of the cruise - can't wait until someday when we can do an even longer one. For now, we rebooked for March 2014 on the Fantasy - including our oldest son who didn't get to go with us this time.
Seriously! I think this was our best cruise yet! The FEE was our favorite part. The girls would check the FE every time we went in/out of the room (even if we had only been there five minutes!) and we're rewarded for their efforts often. We were right by the entrance to the staff quarters and we got tons of compliments on our door decorations (which got better every day thanks to some awesome FE gifts!) Our neighbors complimented it too. Even DH said it was awesome. :-)

Our day at WDW was simply amazing. We rode 11 rides AND saw the 3:00 parade. We saw the fireworks a bit before boarding the bus but DD6 is scared of them so we didn't stay. It was a fantastic day. We didn't make it in to Be Our Guest for lunch because the line was too long. We decided it would be on our list for next time!

The ship rocking in the gulf did get me a bit. I'm thinking we won't be sailing out of Galveston again. We booked a placeholder cruise while on board and signed up for another 50 DVC points. :-) We can't decide if we're doing Aulani in 2015 or another cruise!

I posted all our pics on Facebook. So many memories!

Thanks to everyone for making this cruise so special. I'm pretty shy so I just smiled and waved when I saw most of you on board but it was nice seeing the familiar faces. :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #1365
tryin
Mouseketeer

I agree. My daughters loved their "treasure chests". It was the only item my DD3 would carry through the airport. I will have to step up my FE gifts next time.

I will never leave from Galveston again, just too much trouble. I told my kids I thought they'd been on every mode of major transportation yesterday, ship, taxi, shuttle,car, SUV, plane.

We had a flawless transition to the ship on Feb. 14th. But, some force didn't want us to get home it seemed. First, we couldn't get a taxi out of the port. Then we basically taxied down the street a bit, got out and luckily, I was able to get out limo service to come at 10AM instead of 1PM. Our flight was supposed to leave at 4:30, but was delayed until 4:50. We get on an experience mechanical problems. That was another half hour or so delay. Then we finally land and we take the shuttle to my car in the airport parking lot and there's a brand new sign on the "Family Friendly" parking spaces that was NOT there when I left. It stated, "After 11:59pm on February 24th the cars will be towed at owner's expense." What! It's a good thing I returned when I did-the day BEFORE. Yes, that's what I consider "Family Friendly".

Well, I go to open my doors and they wouldn't unlock. I put my key in the lock manually, opened the door, stuck key in ignition and you guessed it,-my battery is dead. We wait an hour for the airport emergency service (apparently the guy couldn't find my car-it was on the edge of the lot, right across from the express bag check-in, not some isolated location. Finally, it starts right up and I get to the ticket booth to pay for parking and the machine wouldn't recognize my ticket. I had to back out of that lane and go to another lane with a human inside. Then, after a couple of wrong turns, I finally head home. Whew! Do you think Disney wasn't ready to let go of my family yet?

We all had a great time on our first cruise. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful experience. It took me a while to get the lay of the ship. I am so glad that I had come to disboards and knew some tips already or I would have been completely lost. I was sick the second day-I knew to expect some rough waters thanks to disboards. I get carsick so I knew to expect some seasickness. I was freezing cold the first two nights in my room because the heater wasn't working properly, but DCL fixed it after the second attempt. The rest of the cruise was smooth sailing...I've already placed a dummy booking for the next one.

Last edited by tryin; 02-24-2013 at 03:25 PM.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: