Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #1321
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

we're also at harbor house but won't get there until probably midnight tomorrow so doubt we'll be up to see the ship come in as we'll be on California time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
We're at the Harbor House too and hoping to see that gorgeous ship at the docks when we wake up.

Today is finishing up the packing list and checking it twice. I'm sure I won't be able to concentrate on anything else today.

Safe travels everyone. See you real soon!
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #1322
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

One thing to note. We have friends at WDW right now. They are telling me it is crazy busy, and it's not even the presidents week yet. So plan accordingly, but I have been lowering my kids expectations of how many rides they will be able to do.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #1323
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson3709 View Post
One thing to note. We have friends at WDW right now. They are telling me it is crazy busy, and it's not even the presidents week yet. So plan accordingly, but I have been lowering my kids expectations of how many rides they will be able to do.
Grrr...that stinks! My kids still have no idea we're even going to WDW so any rides will be good for them but it still stinks. That's one reason we like traveling in February - no crowds! At least all we're planning on doing is the new Fantasyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Safe travels to all those travelling today and tomorrow! Can't wait to meet all y'all on Friday.

Gina, I'll be here checking the boards until 5 pm tomorrow. I was actually considering working Friday morning, since we only work half days on Friday, but I was afraid that would put us at the port too late.

I have passed excited and am now in full-on stressed!! I'm not even sure why. We're basically packed, except for last minute stuff, but I'm sure I'll still forget something. I'm never this done this far ahead, and I still feel out of control. I feel like I'm forgetting to do something, but I don't know what. My house is a disaster, but with all our cats it will be much worse when we get home. Two of the cats have been sick, but seem to be doing better now. I think this is what is stressing me. What if they get sicker while we are away? Our cat-sitter is great, but if they are sick they will hide and he won't see them. And we are completely out of reach for all but 2 days. I'm thinking that maybe we shouldn't go now, but I don't think my travel insurance covers pet illness. I'm usually thrilled to get away, but today i just want to sit down and cry. Of course, I haven't had much sleep this week either.

Sorry for the rant. I'm even more stressed than I realized. Just found out that Maggie is going to miss a Math test on Friday, so I'm trying to get that worked out. Luckily, this teacher is great and will work with us. Looks like she might be able to take it before school on Friday (I'm signing her out at lunchtime.) She has a Science assignment due Friday, but that's already done and will be turned in tomorrow. We'll worry about what she's going to miss next week when we get back.

Anyone have any Prozac???
Awe! I'm so sorry to hear about your kitties! We bought some special treats that our cat loves but rarely gets (she's fat enough!) and told the cat sitter to shake them. When the kitty hears it, she comes running from wherever she is. That way the sitter knows she's ok and can love on her a little. Maybe your kitties will do the same?

It sounds like you're like me. There seem to still be so many little things to do and yet I'm stuck just kind of waiting, trying to figure out what they are. I'm packing now (in between meetings...nice thing about working from home) but DD6 has Girl Scouts tonight and we're leaving tomorrow when she gets out of school. We won't get to Houston until around 8 and both my dad and my mom (they're divorced but both live in Houston) want to see the girls for Valentine's Day. I know they got them stuff for the trip for V-day but my kids are usually in bed by 7:30 and we have to be up at 6 to get read to head to the ship!! I don't know how I'm going to have time to do everything in the next 48 hours when so many things are taking up my time.

Well dang....I think we both need some Prozac! Maybe some should have come with our cruise documentation!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #1324
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Well dang....I think we both need some Prozac! Maybe some should have come with our cruise documentation!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #1325
mikulecmm
Earning My Ears

Feb 15 cruiser

Hi--does anyone know if the pools are heated? seems too cold for swimming now to me. Thanks. grandkids will probably think it's fine.
mikulecmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #1326
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikulecmm View Post
Hi--does anyone know if the pools are heated? seems too cold for swimming now to me. Thanks. grandkids will probably think it's fine.

I think somebody said they are heated when it gets below a certain temp... Now I can't remember what temp that was. But to me, it doesn't matter how warm the water is -- it's getting out that is the killer, lol. I'm sure you're right in that it won't matter to your grandkids... One time at Castaway Cay, that water was so dang cold my son's lips were blue! Didn't bother him for a second. I, however, was huddled under three beach towels, lol.

Our sailaway weather is looking so good, I am beside myself. Mostly sunny and upper 60's, and just like my "personal met" said, we'll be missing the cold front by around 12 hours -- It's going to be 10 degrees cooler on Saturday. That would make for a much chillier sailaway!! Ours is going to be stellar.

One more hour of work today... I swear the clock is going backwards every time I look at it!!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #1327
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I'm of the mindset that as long as I'm not flying and having to pay extra for it, packing light is for hiking trips through the Himalayas or something.. lol. I don't decide ahead of time what clothes I'm going to wear each day, aside from formal stuff... Or which shoes... Or which hair accessories... I want options, dang it!! Of course, that's why we have two big suitcases, one medium, one pilot case, one carryon tote, and a garment bag for two people... LOL. And I still have crap I need to cram in there somehow!!

-gina-
OK, this is SO me too! I loathe 'planning' outfits ahead of time! Who knows what I'll feel like wearing on any given day? Let's just we are using up ALL of our luggage tags!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #1328
Gina

I could kiss you, Lori -- You just made me realize that I completely forgot to attach the DCL luggage tags!!! Thank you for the reminder!! :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile

Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1329
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I'm in Galveston!

Long 2 days of driving, but I am now relaxing in the hotel looking out the window and can still make out the gulf in the dark.

I couldn't sleep at all in the hotel last night on the way here. My DS 5 shard my bed and about 3am I wondered why he had not yelled at me yet for flopping all around! I am so excited! Hoping to be able to sleep more tonight now that I am here.

Loved the Disney stories and picture of Tyler Dean.

Can hardly wait to meet everyone on Friday.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1330
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I'm in Galveston!

Long 2 days of driving, but I am now relaxing in the hotel looking out the window and can still make out the gulf in the dark.

I couldn't sleep at all in the hotel last night on the way here. My DS 5 shard my bed and about 3am I wondered why he had not yelled at me yet for flopping all around! I am so excited! Hoping to be able to sleep more tonight now that I am here.

Beth

Welcome to Texas!! Get some sleep tonight -- you don't want to be all exhausted for the cruise! What are y'all going to do tomorrow? You'll have gorgeous weather for it, whatever it is!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #1331
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun
I'm in Galveston!

Beth
Welcome to Texas, y'all! enjoy your extra day in Galveston!

Just to make anyone who is stressing feel better, my suitcases are still empty! I simply ran out of time today. Fortunately, I'm now home from Girl Scouts and totally wired so hopefully ill get halfway done before the night is over!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #1332
nzkiwi
Earning My Ears

Smile WShop, do you know your cabin number?

I am trying to finish up our FEE gifts and would love to write your cabin number on the gift tag now instead of trying to track you down on the ship!
nzkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #1333
moniman01
Earning My Ears

we packed all boys stuff tonight! tomorrow we will pack our stuff. I'm not looking forward to one more looong dreadful day of work tomorrow. can't wait to meet everyone.
@Gina - I will be on here one more night.
Andrea
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #1334
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Welcome to Texas!! Get some sleep tonight -- you don't want to be all exhausted for the cruise! What are y'all going to do tomorrow? You'll have gorgeous weather for it, whatever it is!

Planning to walk along the beach tomorrow and may go on the Duck tour if they are offering it. Will call them in the morning. My youngest found a brochure on an aquarium, but I have not looked at it yet. Tonight we went for sea food and it sure was YUMMY! I never did catch the name of the place. Just a little local place that we stumbled on.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #1335
samily
DIS Veteran

So excited, we leave tomorrow and keeping our fingers crossed that the weather is ok for the flights. Can't wait to get on that ship! My boys are looking forward to meeting new friends to hang with (and so are the girls!).

Gina, such a cute pic of your son - my kids have grown up on the ships too and that pic reminds me how quickly they grow! Makes me a little sad, lol.

Wishing everyone safe travels and we will see you on the ship!!!!!

Beth
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: