Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #1276
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfontenot View Post
I checked the first page but it says to PM you for the link. I went through the first few pages also and no luck!
My Apologies I thought the link was there. This should link to the page (I am not tech savvy so I'm not promising I did it right)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/202895766512925/
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #1277
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
What a gorgeous family, Sarah!! I'm glad you put the pics in your sig -- for some reason those show up for me! (Regular inline pics are blocked here at work)
Aww...thanks, Gina! I seriously cannot wait to meet everyone! I am so glad I got on here! I wish I would've known to do this sooner! You guys are all so welcoming and nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Is anyone else just going nuts yet?? I don't know how I'm going to make it to Friday... Now I wish we were flying or driving or something -- just so the journey would start sooner than 30 minutes beforehand!!
I feel the same way! I am ready to just GO NOW!!! I can hardly sleep!! My DD(7) is running around the house right now singing "I can't wait 'til Friday! I can't wait 'til Friday!" so apparently she is ready to go, too!
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #1278
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
My Apologies I thought the link was there. This should link to the page (I am not tech savvy so I'm not promising I did it right)
No worries! Beth emailed it to me & you accepted me just a little while ago. Thanks so much!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1279
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

17 hours and 40 minutes until I am out the door!

Car is almost all packed and I am beyond excited!

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #1280
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfontenot View Post
Hi,

I am new to this but a friend suggested that I get on here and my cruise's facebook group to find some kids my 7 & 12 year old girls could meet when we get on the ship since she just did that a few weeks ago for her trip. I saw that it says that there is a facebook group so I wondered if the admin could add me. But I wasn't sure what info she would need from me. Since I just created logins today and this is my very first post, it won't let me PM her. Sorry that I am clueless! We are very excited about our trip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
We have a 6-year-old daughter who would LOVE more girls to hang out with. She's ridiculously shy when I'm around (she'll probably be hiding behind me at the meet on day 1) but when it's just kids, she's a social butterfly!

So glad you can join us! Hope to meet you on Friday!!
My DD is 7 and would be thrilled to hang out with your girls! She can be a little shy at first also, but I'll bet by the end of the cruise, she'll be her normal crazy self!

Well, nothing like some last minute pre-vacation stress, right? Our "check engine" light came on on Saturday afternoon. We dropped it off at the dealership this morning and just found out that the timing chain had gone bad! So it won't be ready till late tomorrow - we leave on Thursday at o'dark thirty to drive down!

SO very thankful that: a) it happened BEFORE our trek to Texas and b) that it's covered by warranty!!!

I got absolutely nothing accomplished at work today and it's doubtful that I'll get anything done Tuesday or Wednesday, either. I'm just too antsy to concentrate on anything!

Can't wait to meet you all!

-Lori-

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #1281
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
My DD is 7 and would be thrilled to hang out with your girls! She can be a little shy at first also, but I'll bet by the end of the cruise, she'll be her normal crazy self!
I told Karsyn (my DD) that she already has friends that are ready to meet her and she is very excited!

Quote:
I got absolutely nothing accomplished at work today and it's doubtful that I'll get anything done Tuesday or Wednesday, either. I'm just too antsy to concentrate on anything!
I was very unproductive today also. Luckily I already have most everything done in preparation for the trip. I can't concentrate on anything either!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #1282
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well, nothing like some last minute pre-vacation stress, right? Our "check engine" light came on on Saturday afternoon. We dropped it off at the dealership this morning and just found out that the timing chain had gone bad! So it won't be ready till late tomorrow - we leave on Thursday at o'dark thirty to drive down!

SO very thankful that: a) it happened BEFORE our trek to Texas and b) that it's covered by warranty!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!

-Lori-
DD is 7 as well. She too is shy at first. Sorry to hear about the car issue but thank goodness you found out now instead of on the road driving down. That would have added a little more stress!!
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #1283
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

So because I'm crazy, I started talking to DH on Saturday about possibly switching our main dining time to the late seating. I've realized that my girls (who are typically in bed by 7:30) would be pushing it to make it to the 8:30 show each night and would likely be grumpy during/afterwards. Since they really don't like to come to dinner with us anyway, we can grab them something from Pluto's before the early show, go watch it, and then drop them off (in their pj's) at the kid's club while DH and I go enjoy our dinner in a dining room with fewer kids. Plus, if they DO decide to go to dinner with us, they can do the dine-n-play thing and only have to sit through a short period of time versus the full experience. Why it took me this long to figure all of this out, I have no clue. Sooooo....long story short, we switched our dining today and freed up main dining for a party of 4 on the wait list.

I do not know how I am going to get through the next three days of work. I got about half of my to-do list done today and have NO desire to work. Instead, I spent time creating myself a little itinerary so I would remember the meets and fun stuff we have planned!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #1284
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
So because I'm crazy, I started talking to DH on Saturday about possibly switching our main dining time to the late seating. I've realized that my girls (who are typically in bed by 7:30) would be pushing it to make it to the 8:30 show each night and would likely be grumpy during/afterwards. Since they really don't like to come to dinner with us anyway, we can grab them something from Pluto's before the early show, go watch it, and then drop them off (in their pj's) at the kid's club while DH and I go enjoy our dinner in a dining room with fewer kids. Plus, if they DO decide to go to dinner with us, they can do the dine-n-play thing and only have to sit through a short period of time versus the full experience. Why it took me this long to figure all of this out, I have no clue. Sooooo....long story short, we switched our dining today and freed up main dining for a party of 4 on the wait list.
Well, Disney emailed me today letting me know our party has been switched to main dining and is no longer on the wait list! Pretty sure that was because of you! Thanks!!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #1285
moniman01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Yes, I am sooooo going nuts. I have severe ADHD at work today, and i don't expect it to get any better before we go. I think I may just explode if Friday does not get here quickly!

You're leaving the cats with food and water for 8 days? How big are those bowls????? Seriously, please tell me someone is checking on them while you are gone.

YES!!! I am going nuts!! Still have 3 of the longest days of work to get through...I just can't concentrate on anything. I am so ready to leave.
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #1286
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfontenot

Well, Disney emailed me today letting me know our party has been switched to main dining and is no longer on the wait list! Pretty sure that was because of you! Thanks!!
Yay!!! It was meant to be! :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #1287
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Another GF Eater Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkiwi View Post
Hi, glad to see we won't be the only gluten free folks on the ship. Corn is difficult to avoid in processed foods so you must eat a lot of whole foods? My son was diagnosed 6 months ago and sometimes has a hard time with not being able to eat things so I hope they take really good care of him on the ship. I am a little nervous about being stuck on a ship and trusting them to feed us safely, but I keep telling myself "Disney is great with allergies, Disney is great with allergies..." Unfortunately they did gluten me when we went to Disney World in 2008 so I have that in the back of my head too. I am hoping to come off the cruise with a new appreciation for the chefs onboard! Can't wait to meet you! :-)
Celiac disease......& super excited to have someone else cook for me!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #1288
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725

I do not know how I am going to get through the next three days of work. I got about half of my to-do list done today and have NO desire to work. Instead, I spent time creating myself a little itinerary so I would remember the meets and fun stuff we have planned!
We are doing the late dinning for this very reason... I know my son would rather see the show then sit at boring dinner... And I plan on using the dine in play option! I want to have dinner with my son BUT being so late I'm hoping he enjoys the club!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #1289
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Okay, here it is straight from the horse's - er, meteorologist's - mouth!

"You should beat the cold front by 12 hours. Saturday it should come through. It may catch you before getting through the Florida straits. Warm weather and few showers. Great sailing weather in my book. Not so sure about your trip back through the Gulf. No fog on this one except maybe coming back."

I can live with all of that! Especially the no-fog-when-we-leave part!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #1290
BlueGreen
Earning My Ears

Room Service

So - this is only my second Disney Cruise - and the first time doing the FEE.. You guys are so great - and knowledgeable..

Last time - we never ordered - room service - can someone tell me more about it? Where do you find a list of what you can order? I know people have talked about the cake of the day - or cookies and milk for the kids... How do you do that?

How does the tipping work for room service - do you do that at the end - or when they deliver? And since the food has no prices - how much do you tip?

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks!
BlueGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: