Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1261
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Bad news, y'all! Went to charge my video camera over the weekend, and its dead. Will not take a charge at all, and will not come on. I so do not want to run out and buy a video camera at this late date. I think dd11 knows how to take videos with her phone. May be time for mama to learn too. :
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1262
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfontenot View Post
Hi,

I am new to this but a friend suggested that I get on here and my cruise's facebook group to find some kids my 7 & 12 year old girls could meet when we get on the ship since she just did that a few weeks ago for her trip. I saw that it says that there is a facebook group so I wondered if the admin could add me. But I wasn't sure what info she would need from me. Since I just created logins today and this is my very first post, it won't let me PM her. Sorry that I am clueless! We are very excited about our trip!!
Just go to the Facebook page (I think there is a link on the first page of this thread) then request to join the group and ill approve you. There is probably a better way but I don't know it. That is what we have done for everyone else.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #1263
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
Just go to the Facebook page (I think there is a link on the first page of this thread) then request to join the group and ill approve you. There is probably a better way but I don't know it. That is what we have done for everyone else.
I checked the first page but it says to PM you for the link. I went through the first few pages also and no luck!
sarahfontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #1264
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Welcome! You can email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com and I will email you back the Facebook page link.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #1265
Cisco0214
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=I❤MICKEY;47468154]Ok. As of now I have two hard sided suitcases and two rolling duffles. Will our suitcases fit under the bed? We are category 9C deluxe ocean view. Will we have a dresser in the room? Anyone know how big? What about the closet. I'm starting to stress about not having enough space in the room for all this stuff we have to bring.

Plus, now I'm getting nervous that the kids don't have passports. I figured it was an expense we didn't need.

I'm actually breaking out in hives. I don't know why I let myself get so stressed.[/Q Yes the suitcases go under the bed.
Cisco0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1266
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Welcome! You can email me at ** and I will email you back the Facebook page link.

Beth
Okay awesome!! Just emailed you. Thanks so much!!
sarahfontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #1267
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Just emailed you back the link. Let me know if you did not get it.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #1268
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Bad news, y'all! Went to charge my video camera over the weekend, and its dead. Will not take a charge at all, and will not come on. I so do not want to run out and buy a video camera at this late date. I think dd11 knows how to take videos with her phone. May be time for mama to learn too. :

Aww, that stinks, Dorothy!! But most smart phones now can take video as good as a stand alone video camera... and a lot easier to carry around!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1269
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I just plugged my video camera in a little while ago to make sure it was charged. I finished up a little touch on my FE gifts and those are now in a suitcase. I also finished all the packing just a couple things to go in that are in the dryer. I need to look at my list and see what else is on it that needs to go in and then I will be done!! I am so excited! We start driving around 12:30 on Wed. so we are almost there!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #1270
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Thanks so much!! We will definitely be at the meet on the first day. Our girls go to a small private school so they are fairly reserved, so I'm hoping that if they meet some friends early on, it will make the trip much better for them!

Last Disney Cruise we went with 5 other families and they had their cousins to hang out with so I was a little worried about not having anyone for them this time. So glad to know that there will be lots of girls their age!!

If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will upload one of our crew! (You would have no idea that I am married to a web developer! haha)

Sarah
We have a 6-year-old daughter who would LOVE more girls to hang out with. She's ridiculously shy when I'm around (she'll probably be hiding behind me at the meet on day 1) but when it's just kids, she's a social butterfly!

I couldn't figure out the pic thing either and my husband is very techy too...for that matter I'm an online teacher and I build my own curriculum. You have to post your pics to an online photo site like Photobucket and then get the "IMG" code and paste that into your dis post. They like to make things complicated. ;-)

So glad you can join us! Hope to meet you on Friday!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #1271
sarahfontenot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
We have a 6-year-old daughter who would LOVE more girls to hang out with. She's ridiculously shy when I'm around (she'll probably be hiding behind me at the meet on day 1) but when it's just kids, she's a social butterfly!
Our 7 year old is the same way. Glad to see more girls her age also and not just a lot of tweens! Really excited now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
I couldn't figure out the pic thing either and my husband is very techy too...for that matter I'm an online teacher and I build my own curriculum. You have to post your pics to an online photo site like Photobucket and then get the "IMG" code and paste that into your dis post. They like to make things complicated. ;-)
Well, I uploaded it on our server, but I realized that the reason it won't let me post it is because I haven't made the minimum of 10 posts yet...so I had to post it in my signature. One pic is of us on the Disney Dream in October 2011 & the other one is just a more recent pic of all of us. We have a 7 month old who is going on vacation for the very first time! Couldn't think of a better first vacation for him than this!

Sarah
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #1272
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Well, I uploaded it on our server, but I realized that the reason it won't let me post it is because I haven't made the minimum of 10 posts yet...so I had to post it in my signature. One pic is of us on the Disney Dream in October 2011 & the other one is just a more recent pic of all of us.

What a gorgeous family, Sarah!! I'm glad you put the pics in your sig -- for some reason those show up for me! (Regular inline pics are blocked here at work)

Is anyone else just going nuts yet?? I don't know how I'm going to make it to Friday... Now I wish we were flying or driving or something -- just so the journey would start sooner than 30 minutes beforehand!! The only things I have left to do trip-wise can't be done until the last minute, like give the cats enough food & water, shut off our own water, etc. I wish I could just go to sleep until early Friday morning, then get up and go get on the ship.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #1273
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkiwi View Post
Hi, glad to see we won't be the only gluten free folks on the ship. Corn is difficult to avoid in processed foods so you must eat a lot of whole foods? My son was diagnosed 6 months ago and sometimes has a hard time with not being able to eat things so I hope they take really good care of him on the ship. I am a little nervous about being stuck on a ship and trusting them to feed us safely, but I keep telling myself "Disney is great with allergies, Disney is great with allergies..." Unfortunately they did gluten me when we went to Disney World in 2008 so I have that in the back of my head too. I am hoping to come off the cruise with a new appreciation for the chefs onboard! Can't wait to meet you! :-)
Don't worry, Disney is great with allergies. Plus, if one of us gets glutened, I have some digestive enzymes that make the reaction WAY, WAY less!!!

Happy Dance!!!! I got my hair done and the kids don't need rush passports!!!! Happy Dance!!!! I am taking their birth certificates and expired passports. It's all good.

Pic-of-the-day!

Last edited by elmo2200; 02-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.
elmo2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #1274
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Is anyone else just going nuts yet?? I don't know how I'm going to make it to Friday... :
Yes, I am sooooo going nuts. I have severe ADHD at work today, and i don't expect it to get any better before we go. I think I may just explode if Friday does not get here quickly!

Quote:
The only things I have left to do trip-wise can't be done until the last minute, like give the cats enough food & water, shut off our own water, etc.
You're leaving the cats with food and water for 8 days? How big are those bowls????? Seriously, please tell me someone is checking on them while you are gone.

March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #1275
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is anyone else just going nuts yet?? I don't know how I'm going to make it to Friday... Now I wish we were flying or driving or something -- just so the journey would start sooner than 30 minutes beforehand!! The only things I have left to do trip-wise can't be done until the last minute, like give the cats enough food & water, shut off our own water, etc. I wish I could just go to sleep until early Friday morning, then get up and go get on the ship.
Oh Gina - I could use your help while you wait! We haven't packed yet and my to-do list just keeps getting longer. I'm off to my pre-cruise mani-pedi tonight, so all that work will have to wait until tomorrow evening. You can see what my priorities are! Since we leave Thursday morning, I'm guessing Wednesday night will be a long one for me!
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: