Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #1231
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson3709
Well I just dodged a bullet. Was phoning to confirm with the limo and hotels this morning... And 2 of my rooms I booked for Dec 14 not Feb 14!!! Fortunately they had 2 rooms available and the price wasn't anymore than I paid online.

$200 isn't to bad for a lesson learned compared to what it could have meant.
Eek! Good thing you called to confirm!

Praying for good weather for all flying in! Heck, for those of us driving too! I hate driving in yucky weather. Ok, might as well add a prayer for good weather during the whole trip and returns as well! LOL!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1232
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
So disappointed. Tried to get the Mickey call tonight. Epic fail. It won't allow you to schedule a call after 8:00 PM local time. So I fibbed and said I was in Hawaii. I wanted the boys to get the call before bed. They sat on the sofa watching cars in their jammies but the call never came. We have no blocks or anything like that on our phone. We've had no issues with Disneyland calls. Any one else try to get the call? Did it work for you?

I guess we will try again for tomorrow.
go on-line and request the call again. Select NOW and the call will come shortly. Allow an hour byt it shouldn't take that long. See you on the boat!

Total: 18 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 103 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 5, FANTASY - 2
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #1233
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Doing some last-minute crafting today before I start putting things into suitcases! Tie-dye Mickey head shirt and hopefully a banner decoration for our door! I gotta stay busy because I totally have ants in my pants with excitement!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1234
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I got my FE's done!

Off to a Chinese new Year party and then hope to pack when I get home!

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #1235
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I got my FE's done!

Off to a Chinese new Year party and then hope to pack when I get home!
WOW! these are amazing!
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #1236
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
We are from the Bay Area as well.. Flying out Thursday afternoon from SFO I will wear my green mickey ring (it can't be missed). Finally got seats together on the airplane with my son..yeah!
Crandleys are leaving out of Oakland on Thursday afternoon and staying near Hobby airport that night. We have Disney transfers from the airport to the ship.
See you all there!
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #1237
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Worst case scenario, you can use their birth certificates.

This is from the State Department website:
"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents."

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

Passports are preferred, especially if you have an accident or need to leave directly from a foreign port. We've opted to use birth certificates for our kids on our past cruises. And this cruise only has one foreign port (Castaway Cay).
If we do birth certificates we would save $400 !!! I'm calling Disney, hopefully they can tell me if that will work.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #1238
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Thanks to those who asked about my ankle. It's still sore but I can limp along. It's much better than yesterday so I'm thinking that it should just keep getting better. I'm going to keep it wrapped and stay off it the best I can. I'm hoping I'll be uch better by the time we sail.

Beth - No I won't be doing any driving. We're taking my parents van and my mom loves to drive so I'm guessing she will do the majority with my dad driving when she wants a break. I don't care to drive and they know that, though I would if it were necessary.

I can't believe that we only have 2.5 days until we start driving. I have so much to do tomorrow.

Stephanne

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #1239
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Yikes, did you guys see this?? The Carnival Triumph had a fire in the engine room and has been drifting in the Gulf on emergency generator power. They were supposed to be back in Galveston on Monday -- Now they're going to tow the ship to Progresso, won't get there until Wednesday, and fly all the people back wherever. What a nightmare!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1786353

As much of an initial hassle and expense as they can be, it's a good example of why passports are a good thing to have... you never know what's going to happen!! That just stinks so much... and they've had to let the people on the next two cruises that they have no ship to cruise on.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #1240
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Yikes, did you guys see this?? The Carnival Triumph had a fire in the engine room and has been drifting in the Gulf on emergency generator power. They were supposed to be back in Galveston on Monday -- Now they're going to tow the ship to Progresso, won't get there until Wednesday, and fly all the people back wherever. What a nightmare!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1786353

As much of an initial hassle and expense as they can be, it's a good example of why passports are a good thing to have... you never know what's going to happen!! That just stinks so much... and they've had to let the people on the next two cruises that they have no ship to cruise on.
Yikes! I would've been ok with the forced extra days to avoid a hurricane because everything was still working but that sounds miserable! No power? Where are they sleeping? Not going to think about possibilities like this! If you ignore it, it will go away. hehehe

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #1241
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails
Hi everyone! Thanks to those who asked about my ankle. It's still sore but I can limp along. It's much better than yesterday so I'm thinking that it should just keep getting better. I'm going to keep it wrapped and stay off it the best I can. I'm hoping I'll be uch better by the time we sail.

Beth - No I won't be doing any driving. We're taking my parents van and my mom loves to drive so I'm guessing she will do the majority with my dad driving when she wants a break. I don't care to drive and they know that, though I would if it were necessary.

I can't believe that we only have 2.5 days until we start driving. I have so much to do tomorrow.

Stephanne
Hey Stephanie,
As a person that has torn half the ligaments in my ankle... From severe sprains... I know how you feel sprained my ankle 2 weeks before my last cruise... One suggestion I have is go to a sports store in the baseball section typically they have ankle braces that tie and Velcro to secure it into a stable position... And helps with the pain... Also prevents additional injury since it takes about 6-8 weeks to stabilize an ankle after a sprain... I will be sporting ankle braces on the Disney day and any day with lots of walking just because my ankles still roll out... Hope y'all have a GREAT drive and be safe!

And Gina I was watching that on the news SO scary about the fire then them just at drift! I agree I actually paid out the wazoo last feb for my passport cause I waited till the week before my cruise... You can make an appointment at your passport office and pick up your passport next day for additional fees... This time once we planned this cruise I got my sons passport ordered... Luckily it came faster than they stated! It said 4-6 weeks processing time and we were 6 weeks out... But it came in about 3! Yay!

Also, I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this question BUT... I'm a single parent with full custody... I have passport do i need anything from my sons dad stating I can take him out of the country... I don't want any surprises at port and it may be hard to get a letter...thanks in advance!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #1242
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I have an ankle brace but it never even occurred to me to take it with me to winter camp! I will take it with us on the trip though.

My husband can't come on the trip with us since he started a new job in July. We got a notarized documented that he signed stating that they can travel out of the country. This is the one we used: http://cruisediva.com/permission_ltr.htm I've heard that I probably won't need it because they are travelling with one parent, but I'd rather just have it and have no problems. It was super easy, Andrew just ran into our bank branch and had it notarized, it just took a minute and didn't cost anything. We have passport cards for travel to Canada being in a border state.

Holy cow about the Triumph! We got engaged on the Triumph!

Stephanne

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #1243
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

We cruised on the Triumph just last March! That is just shocking.

On that cruise, I also sailed with my kids and not my DH. I also had to bring a letter notorized and signed by my DH stating that I could take the kids out of the country without him. Best to have one so that it is not a problem.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #1244
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Ok. As of now I have two hard sided suitcases and two rolling duffles. Will our suitcases fit under the bed? We are category 9C deluxe ocean view. Will we have a dresser in the room? Anyone know how big? What about the closet. I'm starting to stress about not having enough space in the room for all this stuff we have to bring.

Plus, now I'm getting nervous that the kids don't have passports. I figured it was an expense we didn't need.

I'm actually breaking out in hives. I don't know why I let myself get so stressed.

Last edited by I❤MICKEY; 02-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #1245
moniman01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Yikes! I would've been ok with the forced extra days to avoid a hurricane because everything was still working but that sounds miserable! No power? Where are they sleeping? Not going to think about possibilities like this! If you ignore it, it will go away. hehehe
yikes! so glad we all have passports...
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: