Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #1216
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200 View Post
I just discovered that my kids' passports are EXPIRED!!!!!!! Thank God I got an appointment for Monday by phone at our regional passport office. Now I need passport photos!!

Holy smokes... I know you must be freaking out!! What can they do at that office, though? I thought even expedited passports take like a week... I hope they can help you out!!

Got the last few things I needed today, after visiting my poor daddy in the hospital. He has sepsis, but they can't seem to find the source. They've just been throwing every broad-spectrum antibiotic at him, and it seems to be helping -- he finally didn't have a fever today, for the first time since Wednesday night when it was 104+. He had a kidney transplant 2 years ago, so that really ups the ante on infections like this. But the docs said he's doing much better, and that so far they see no signs of organ damage.

The local TV weather gypsies seem to be throwing darts at the forecast wheel again. Local ABC forecast shows a high of 68 and a low of 41 on Friday... Local CBS channel says 49 and 37. WTH?? Going straight to the source, the HOU-GAL Nat'l Weather Service says highs in the mid 60's and partly cloudy for Galveston itself on Friday.

We should still be okay fog-wise. Fog here this time of year happens when it's unseasonably warm with a south wind, and the warm air moves across the much cooler Gulf water. I think you had it, Katie.

dgmommie ~ I just told Tyler Dean to keep an eye out for a boy his age named Connor.

duck_widow ~ I hope all y'all are feeling better very soon!! It sounds like you definitely need a cruise!

SnipsNSnails ~ I hope your ankle feels better very soon too!! How is it now, did the ibuprofen and ice help?

Off to pack!!!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #1217
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Stephanne, I hope your ankle is feeling better tonight. Are you planning to do the driving? A number of my Pinterest attempts also failed, but I finally came up with a couple that I liked. I guess that is what prototypes are for.

Kathy, I hope you are all feeling better soon. No fun to be sick and trying to get ready for a vacation.

Tracey, OH NO! I sure hope you can get them new ones quickly. I wish kids Passports were good for the same length that the adult ones are. It would make one less thing to remember.

It sounds like predicting the weather in the Houston/Galveston area is as hard as here. They frequently get our weather wrong too. I make the kids go stand on the porch each morning and then pick what to wear.

I also have a true sign that our Disney cruise is coming very soon. I asked all 3 boys to clean their rooms today (on a Saturday). Not even a sigh, whimper, or eye roll and they all cleaned them to my satisfaction. Made me think I should take Disney cruises more often!

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #1218
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200
I just discovered that my kids' passports are EXPIRED!!!!!!! Thank God I got an appointment for Monday by phone at our regional passport office. Now I need passport photos!!
Gah! That makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it! Fingers and toes crossed for you! I hate that kids' passports expire so much quicker. Of course, looking at my 6-year-old's passport photo that was taken when she was 2 makes me understand why but its still a pain in the fanny!

Gina - thank you for the much more scientific weather explanation. I knew there was a reason. It was so foggy here today (outside San Antonio) that we couldn't see our neighbor's house across the street. Blah.

Beth - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sends her kid outside to check the weather in the morning! I can't tell you how many times we've walked out the door to go to the bus stop only to turn right back around and grab jackets before heading to the car because its too cold to walk!

Picked up most of the items on the shopping list today. Got sunscreen, after sun, pool floats (we bring our own for Castaway Cay), and a valet for my toiletries because I've outgrown my old one! DH is going shopping on Monday for a few last minute clothing items and I'm going to pick up some extra shoes on Tuesday and that's it! My six-year-old and I have been dancing (yes, literally) everywhere we go with ridiculously huge grins on our faces. Of course, the three-year-old doesn't understand that we're excited the cruise is so close and gets really upset when I tell her we're not leaving yet. She thinks every time we walk to the car were going to the "cooz"!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #1219
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop

We are from the Bay Area as well.. Flying out Thursday afternoon from SFO I will wear my green mickey ring (it can't be missed). Finally got seats together on the airplane with my son..yeah!
We are also flying out from sfo on thur afternoon. The 4ish united flight to IAH. Would be funny if we are on the same flight
Betsy
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #1220
Chrisira2001
Earning My Ears

5 more days! Anyone from San Diego, CA? We are We're flying out from LAX though... We got the valentines day $100 offer for each way.
Almost done packing, now I just need some last minute idea door decor

Christy
Chrisira2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #1221
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Mickey Call

So disappointed. Tried to get the Mickey call tonight. Epic fail. It won't allow you to schedule a call after 8:00 PM local time. So I fibbed and said I was in Hawaii. I wanted the boys to get the call before bed. They sat on the sofa watching cars in their jammies but the call never came. We have no blocks or anything like that on our phone. We've had no issues with Disneyland calls. Any one else try to get the call? Did it work for you?

I guess we will try again for tomorrow.

Last edited by I❤MICKEY; 02-09-2013 at 10:57 PM.
I❤MICKEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #1222
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2010 View Post
We are also flying out from sfo on thur afternoon. The 4ish united flight to IAH. Would be funny if we are on the same flight
Betsy
We are flying out Thursday morning. We figured if something happened to our flight we would have more options to get on another.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #1223
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
So disappointed. Tried to get the Mickey call tonight. Epic fail. It won't allow you to schedule a call after 8:00 PM local time. So I fibbed and said I was in Hawaii. I wanted the boys to get the call before bed. They sat on the sofa watching cars in their jammies but the call never came. We have no blocks or anything like that on our phone. We've had no issues with Disneyland calls. Any one else try to get the call? Did it work for you?

Epic, epic fail. The phone rang an hour later than what was scheduled. Both kids were in bed. Guess, we will schedule for tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #1224
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY

Was originally scheduled for 6pm on Friday (right during dinner) but I forgot I changed my phone number so I got an email saying it didn't go through. Rescheduled it for Saturday morning and it came through only about 2 minutes late. Keira (6) was super excited but Sierra (3) couldn't have cared less. Ah well....

5 more days!!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #1225
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
We are from the Bay Area as well.. Flying out Thursday afternoon from SFO I will wear my green mickey ring (it can't be missed). Finally got seats together on the airplane with my son..yeah!
So are we. I wonder if we're on the same flight? We're on United 1604 leaving at 12:13pm.
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #1226
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200 View Post
Worst case scenario, you can use their birth certificates.

This is from the State Department website:
"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents."

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

Passports are preferred, especially if you have an accident or need to leave directly from a foreign port. We've opted to use birth certificates for our kids on our past cruises. And this cruise only has one foreign port (Castaway Cay).
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1227
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Worst case scenario, you can use their birth certificates.

True. Just make sure you decide that before you hand the birth certificates over for passport renewal!! Even if they swear they can get the passports back in a couple days. *That* would be very not-good, to have neither passports nor birth certificates if they weren't to come back in time, and you never know what delays can happen... Especially with a government agency!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #1228
jzandmeplus3
Earning My Ears

Can't believe we are cruising this Friday!! Super excited for the trip, but not about packing. I always dread packing. Can not wait for a phone/email/text free vacation with the exception of our Orlando and Key West days, Our family NEEDS that. We're flying out of Seattle on Thursday morning, staying at Houston Marriott at airport and taking DCL transfer to ship on Friday,anyone else doing that? Fingers crossed for nice weather! See you all on the ship!
jzandmeplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1229
Wshop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
We are flying out Thursday morning. We figured if something happened to our flight we would have more options to get on another.

I love it! You are already thinking of contingency plans. I am going to keep my fingers crossed its not one of those super foggy days at SFO.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1230
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

Well I just dodged a bullet. Was phoning to confirm with the limo and hotels this morning... And 2 of my rooms I booked for Dec 14 not Feb 14!!! Fortunately they had 2 rooms available and the price wasn't anymore than I paid online.

$200 isn't to bad for a lesson learned compared to what it could have meant.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: