Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #991
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Do we know if the raffle is definitely at 3? It was kind of unclear on the new Navigators... How early do those of you going think we should get to the spa for that?

I am so bored here at work today... It has been *crazy* all week, but our fiscal year ended last night, so now there is just nothing to do at the moment. I've gone over my pack list, made some notes in my Passporter, updated my shopping list -- I have no idea what else to do!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #992
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Do we know if the raffle is definitely at 3? It was kind of unclear on the new Navigators... How early do those of you going think we should get to the spa for that?

I am so bored here at work today... It has been *crazy* all week, but our fiscal year ended last night, so now there is just nothing to do at the moment. I've gone over my pack list, made some notes in my Passporter, updated my shopping list -- I have no idea what else to do!!
I usually pop into the spa in the early afternoon and sign up for the raffle, and then ask what time I should come back for the raffle itself. Never made it back yet....

As for what else to do - dream about being on the ship!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #993
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
I usually pop into the spa in the early afternoon and sign up for the raffle, and then ask what time I should come back for the raffle itself. Never made it back yet....

Oh, good idea!! Not the never-making-it-back part, but the asking-them-what-time-to-be-back part.

Quote:
As for what else to do - dream about being on the ship!!

I've done that so much already, they come into my office, take one look at me and the idiot grin on my face, and say "Well, she's gone..." LOL

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #994
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

I can't believe its 2weeks till the big boat! Yay! I'm making mickey shoes for the family today! Oh and our pirate outfits! Wish me luck! Wish I had made it onto an fe group but I think it is best to wait till next time! I have so many crafts still to do just for our family! Ha!
And Gina I'm hoping to make the meet just depends on when we board and how things go! I know it has been mentioned but best places to park!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #995
Harrisdreamteam
Earning My Ears

All three of our kids are running around in their pirate costumes this afternoon. We cannot possibly wait two more weeks!!!
Harrisdreamteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #996
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I was looking at the Day 1 Navigator, page 2, in the timetable section, it says (Starts at 4:15 p.m), so I'm not sure if that is when the actual raffle is. The only problem is that the Mandatory Boat Drill starts at 3:45 p.m., so how is anyone supposed to get back in time for the raffle?

I would love to win this!

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #997
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish

Katie, you can't bring your kids to the spa raffle. I've tried. Luckily my dd11 is now old enough that I can leave her by the pool for a short time while I get things done. I never made it back up to the spa for the raffle before. Maybe I can get there this time!
Weird. I brought my daughter with me on the Fantasy last summer. We had just toured the spa, and it was almost time for the raffle, so we stayed. No one said anything. She was 9 at the time.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #998
samily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and stopped into the spa around 3:30 and were told the raffle had been done at 3:00pm. Not sure if it is the same on the Magic...
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #999
tryin
Mouseketeer

I have not touched my FE in a month. I just need to add some ribbon and do the binding. I'm pledging to do that today (Sat).

I have been hunting for a new suitcase. Last night, I just bought two new suitcases, so much for travelling light. I am amazed at the new spinners and lightweight cases. And the prices!

I told my principal about my trip and i think she was more excited about it than i was. My dd attends the same school. They have been working on brochures in class so her teacher says she can do a brochure of her trip. I love this idea! Vistaprint, here we come! I need to plan My lessons for the time I'm gone.

I threw most of our things in the case last weekend. Hmm, not sure whatshoes dd9 has except for her sneakers, no sandals or shoes to match her dress for formal night. I dont want to buy one though. I'm anxiously waiting for my ergo baby carrier to arrive and my swim shorts.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #1000
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin
I have not touched my FE in a month. I just need to add some ribbon and do the binding. I'm pledging to do that today (Sat).
Finishing mine up tOday. Can someone share with me how long to make the ribbon that the FE hangs by off the fish? I've seen pocket sizes mentioned all over but no one ever says how to make the ribbon that you hang the FE by.

Quote:
I threw most of our things in the case last weekend. Hmm, not sure whatshoes dd9 has except for her sneakers, no sandals or shoes to match her dress for formal night. I dont want to buy one though. I'm anxiously waiting for my ergo baby carrier to arrive and my swim shorts.
Thanks for the reminder! My dd has outgrown her dress shoes and wants a pair. Need to buy them!
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #1001
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
We got DD6 some flip flops in December on clearance but they were already out of little ones. We've been stalking all the walmarts and targets in the area waiting for more summer stuff to arrive (it's coming in bit by bit). Finally found small flip flops at target which means only I need shoes now! Not going to worry about dress shoes for the girls. They're bringing casual dress clothes and will just wear sneakers if they come to dinner. I want to wait for the spring sales to get their dress shoes for spring/summer!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #1002
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
Two Weeks!!! FEs are not done, packing is not done, work that must be finished before we leave is not done. The diet went out the window. Its going to be a busy next 12 days. We fly out on the 14th. So far, I have managed to keep it a surprise from my son.
Me too. Diet and all! lol.

I am seriously stressing about FE gifts now. One thing I ordered for all the kids I'm not happy with. Still not settled on what to do for each family, haven't made the FE for the door. Haven't started making door decorations. Etc. Etc. Time is running out.

To All - I know it's personal choice, but wondering if I should label the FE gifts to say who their from. What are others doing? I am tempted to do one drop-off but it might be more fun for the kids to get things spread out over several days, but some individual items just aren't suitable for labeling. I'm probably over-thinking and over-stressing, but would love to hear some opinions.

To All - For the meet on the first day, we'll try to make it if we can, but we have a 12:30pm boarding time so I don't know if we'll make it, especially if the kids want to swim right away. If we miss the first one, we'll try to come to the second one. I'd really like to meet everyone.

Jeff - Thanks for the lime green Mickey heads!!!! Now I need to unbox my laminator and get crackin'.
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #1003
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Me too. Diet and all! lol.

Jeff - Thanks for the lime green Mickey heads!!!! Now I need to unbox my laminator and get crackin'.
No problem. I just found another graphic someone made.

oh my goodness, that is bigger than I anticipated. The ones I made with this image were only the size of a normal name tag.

I intend to drop off our FE gifts ASAP, probably on Saturday. I am putting a card with our name in with the gifts we drop off so you can tell which ones are from us.

I have one more FE gift to finish for each cabin. I have the master copy made I just need to get 15 copies printed out now.

We will be hard pressed to make the first day meet, as our boarding is not until that time, but if we get in early, we will be there.

I know how some feel about meeting people in person after befriending them over the internet. Several years ago I was very active in a poker website with folks from all over the country. When I first told my wife I was driving to Chicago to meet up with about 2 dozen others for a weekend of poker and poker chip trading (hint - DH FE gift in this vein), she thought I was nuts and feared for my safety and sanity. Those folks are still some of my good friends and we still try and get together each year. Just saying I have a feeling like that with this group too.

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by FSU88; 02-02-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I meant to hit preview instead of submit
FSU88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #1004
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I plan to drop one of my gifts off the first night and the others through out the cruise. Most of my things are labbled with who they are from, but I also have some small items that I was going to just drop in the FE.

After I printed up some of the cards I used to label one of my gifts, I realized that I should have put on there to flip it over as you can write on the back side. I don't want to give away what it is, but I hope everyone remembers to flip the card over.

Thanks, Jeff, for the Lime Green DIS items. I like the idea of easily being able to pick out the people in our group. I second how Jeff feels about this group. It has been so much fun chatting with everyone ahead of time and I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #1005
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88
I know how some feel about meeting people in person after befriending them over the internet. Several years ago I was very active in a poker website with folks from all over the country. When I first told my wife I was driving to Chicago to meet up with about 2 dozen others for a weekend of poker and poker chip trading (hint - DH FE gift in this vein), she thought I was nuts and feared for my safety and sanity. Those folks are still some of my good friends and we still try and get together each year. Just saying I have a feeling like that with this group too.
Some of my best friends are a group of ladies I have known online for 15 years. There are about 10 of us. We got together once in Outer Banks a few years back - great weekend and not like strangers at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: