Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #976
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Gina, apparently Maggie is planning to ditch me more than I had anticipated, so I may be available for more of the adult activities. I love trivia, so I hope to be able to make it to those.

Sweet!! The more, the merrier!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #977
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

You are too funny, Katie!! I am sooooo not organized in "real life"... I just love cruising and Disney trips so much, and the waiting about kills me, so planning and anticipating and organizing makes the time go by faster.
I think your meet-with-the-littles idea is a great one -- I hope lots of people are able to join you!

I know from the list of stuff I posted that I want to do, y'all must think I'm just a kid-hater or a party girl or something, but being a single mom since my son was < 2 has meant that he and I have had a loooooot of together-time... and I have had pretty much no grownup time. When he was little and we would sail on the Magic, we still did lots of stuff together -- Mickey Mania, family trivia, go to the pool, etc. -- and for all these years I have just been "Tyler Dean's mom", or the crazy cheering Band Mom, and stuff like that, but on the cruise I get to be Gina.

-gina-
Gina - I am seriously jealous. I don't want my kids to grow up too quickly but the idea of grown up time is glorious. I know we'll get it again sometime but that seems REALLY far away most days. That's one of the reasons I love the cruise. They do such a good job with the kids clubs that my kids WANT to go there and sulk when I say no. It alleviates a LOT of the guilt of doing grown up things when we can! I'm just praying the little one takes after her sister and begs to go too. Lord knows I've been brainwashing her for the last six months to make it so! Hehehe

Fatfish - you are too funny! We're early birds (up by 6am) so I was thinking 10 was late! We'll probably have to come up with something to do between breakfast and the meet! :-o

So excited that tomorrow is February 1st!!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #978
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

Ok I'm hoping this will make it easier to find this.... I been following the group a few weeks.... I'm so excited. .. just a few more weeks... gina I'm so glad you talked about the single meets... I'm a single mom... that will be on the cruise with family. .. but would be nice to meet some other single parents! You made the meets sounds fun!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #979
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonsmom View Post
Ok I'm hoping this will make it easier to find this.... I been following the group a few weeks.... I'm so excited. .. just a few more weeks... gina I'm so glad you talked about the single meets... I'm a single mom... that will be on the cruise with family. .. but would be nice to meet some other single parents! You made the meets sounds fun!

Yay!! So happy to have another single mom along! Glad you decided to jump in and join the party! You're going to have so much fun...

Hope you're able to make it to the first meet on embarkation day!

-gina-

Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #980
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Well, my FE's haven't magically finished themselves. Maybe tomorrow... I won't let myself start packing 'til they are done!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #981
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200
Well, my FE's haven't magically finished themselves. Maybe tomorrow... I won't let myself start packing 'til they are done!
LOL! Mine either! What gives? I'm using the navigators as my motivation but with two cheer performances and my dad coming into town to help my (sick) DH put up the girls' swing set, I'm doubtful they'll be done this weekend. *sigh* I'm still having fun making them, though, so that helps! Of course, my husband will be happy when they're done because he's noticed that every time I go to Walmart, I end up getting "just one more thing" to add! Oops! Busted.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #982
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I too had hoped to finish my FE gifts yesterday, but a power outage on Wednesday didn't help me any. Today, I was to go zip lining, but the company cancelled on me. I am just sure that is a sign that I am to get my FE gifts done today. Then, just organize them and pack them up.

I do have suitcases out for the boys and I now. As I come across something that I know is going, I just toss it in. That way I have a head start when I do go to pack. I am no where near as organized as those that have the cruise box, but love that idea so much that when I come home some items will go right into one for my next cruise.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #983
Wshop
Mouseketeer

Two Weeks!!! FEs are not done, packing is not done, work that must be finished before we leave is not done. The diet went out the window. Its going to be a busy next 12 days. We fly out on the 14th. So far, I have managed to keep it a surprise from my son.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #984
Gina

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks from right now... I'll be finishing my coffee and my son will be loading the car. Then I'll try and force myself to not leave until around 9:30 so we don't get to the parking place any earlier than 10. And then two weeks and 3 hours from now, we should be sitting outside having lunch, enjoying the fact that we're not on dry land anymore!!

Beth ~ I had to laugh at your assessment of cruise-box people as organized... I can only speak for myself, but it's because I'm *not* organized that I have the cruise box! LOL If I didn't, I would never find anything. I was looking for a pair of shoes in my closet a few days ago, and found the very cool DCL watch that was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son!!! Guess what he's getting for his birthday on the cruise?

Plus, I don't have a spare room for suitcases -- I have to haul them out, pack what I can, then close them back up again and run into them in my bedroom for two weeks, lol.

Okay... two weeks and a few hours... Where will you be, what will you be doing? Go!

-gina-

Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #985
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Okay... two weeks and a few hours... Where will you be, what will you be doing? Go!

-gina-
We're planning on leaving my mom's house in Klein around 8am which means that at this very moment in time + two weeks we will hopefully be pulling into the parking lot (maybe we'll be on the same bus as you! ). Then it's check-in time at 11 and straight up to lunch and into the pool for some swimming (if it's not too cold) before the 2pm meet. Aaaaahhhhhhh....relaxing just thinking about it.

DH thinks I'm crazy for wanting to meet with a bunch of strangers so he'll probably skip the meet and head to the room to start unpacking which works for me b/c that's less for me to do!

I'm definitely interested in this spa raffle thing too. Does anyone know if I can bring my girls or do I have to drop them off with DH before I head up there?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #986
Gina

Forgot to add -- We can start looking at the extended forecast now! Of course, as we've already discussed, our weather is insanely variable here... the forecast can and will change! But it's fun to even be close enough to that day to be checking it!

Here's for Galveston:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/gal..._pc?view=table

And here's for Orlando:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl..._pc?view=table

Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #987
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
I'm definitely interested in this spa raffle thing too. Does anyone know if I can bring my girls or do I have to drop them off with DH before I head up there?
Katie, you can't bring your kids to the spa raffle. I've tried. Luckily my dd11 is now old enough that I can leave her by the pool for a short time while I get things done. I never made it back up to the spa for the raffle before. Maybe I can get there this time!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #988
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

-gina-
Gina, you are too funny!

Two weeks from right now I will be loading up the car and heading to dd's school to sign her out. (don't tell the school!) Then we'll make the 1-1/2 hour drive down to Galveston, and hopefully be on the ship by 1 pm. Then its Guest Services (Tea), Palo (brunch), drop our carry-ons in the cabin and head to the meet. Maybe I can grab some lunch somewhere in there. Depending upon the weather, dd will be in the pool or eating lunch. She prefers to watch me run around rather than join in.

March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #989
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Totally didn't jump on the picture posting bandwagon a few nights ago so here's our family. I will have my hair in a ponytail, though, so that may help to spot me. It's the two little cuties with me who are most easy to spot!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #990
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish

Katie, you can't bring your kids to the spa raffle. I've tried. Luckily my dd11 is now old enough that I can leave her by the pool for a short time while I get things done. I never made it back up to the spa for the raffle before. Maybe I can get there this time!
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they'll be hanging with daddy for a bit!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: