Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #931
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Gina, are you planning to sleep at all??

ROFL!!! Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead. Actually, there is a nice luxurious nap-at-sea thrown in there pretty much every day. Wake up early, have a lot of fun, rest a while, party all night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
Gina, I am interested in all of the Friday activities! I am especially psyched for the 80's and 90's music trivia!

WOOT!! Looking forward to playing/mixing/drinking with you!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #932
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1967 View Post
DD is 11. This is her first cruise. We aren't sure if she will be in the Lab or Edge. Just curious which way other families are leaning for this age group. DS is 6 and I do like the idea of them being together for this first cruise. I have read the information on other threads and will have her go to the open house.
While I'm telling DD 11 that I'll decide once we get on the ship and I see the Edge and who is in it, I've pretty much decided she can go to the Edge, but don't tell her that. On our Dream cruise last year she was bored in the Lab until she found a program on one of the computers where she could make a comic book. There were alot of little kids, and the CMs were mostly busy with the little ones and not having any activities for the older kids. The Edge on the Magic has a mock bridge, and I know DD11 will love ""driving" the ship. Now, should I see a bunch of "too-mature-for their-age" 13 year olds in the Edge, I might re-think this. Or just limit the amount of time she spends there.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #933
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Thursday has Officer Pin Trading at 7:30 in front of Preludes, and DS & I will definitely be at that! We'll be at the pin cart probably every evening at that time, but really enjoy trading with the Officers. Then at 10:45 in Rockin' Bar D is the 70's Disco Party!!

-gina-
We will be at the officer pin trading too. My kids love to trade. We just got a whole bunch of Disney pins from eBay so they have some they don't mind trading. I am hoping to do more late night stuff this cruise.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #934
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

DS 11 - mostly edge but some lab (to hang with his brother)

Hi, I saw your post about your DD 11. We've told our 'pretty young' DS11 that he can go to the Edge 'when appropriate and convenient for us'. meaning, not for the 10:45pm pool party and not when I want him to go hang out with his little brother (DS 7) in the lab (like when we're at Palo since we won't want to get a 'I'm lonely' call from the little guy!). Are you going to the first meet up? DS is pretty shy and is hoping to 'pre-meet' some of the other 11/12 year olds before going to the Edge.
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #935
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

ROFL!!! Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead. Actually, there is a nice luxurious nap-at-sea thrown in there pretty much every day. Wake up early, have a lot of fun, rest a while, party all night!

WOOT!! Looking forward to playing/mixing/drinking with you!
Man, the grown up stuff sounds so fun. Our girls are still too little to stay in the club that late though so maybe next time.

I'm not allowing myself to look at the navigators until all my FEE gifts are done! I need motivation! Finished the "big kid" gifts today (younger were done a few weeks ago). Now just the family gift left! In doing these, I have learned 3 things:

1. I love being crafty but have no natural talent
2. Things are a lot harder to make than the instructions say
3. Pinterest LIES because my stuff looks virtually nothing like the pics!

I'm still having a blast and hope those in my group appreciate the thought verses the execution! LOL!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #936
Ichiban
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2010 View Post
Hi, I saw your post about your DD 11. We've told our 'pretty young' DS11 that he can go to the Edge 'when appropriate and convenient for us'. meaning, not for the 10:45pm pool party and not when I want him to go hang out with his little brother (DS 7) in the lab (like when we're at Palo since we won't want to get a 'I'm lonely' call from the little guy!). Are you going to the first meet up? DS is pretty shy and is hoping to 'pre-meet' some of the other 11/12 year olds before going to the Edge.
Betsy, I have a DS11 too. He will probably want to hang out in Edge. We are planning to go to the first meet up, so we will definitely look for you.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #937
Wshop
Mouseketeer

Gina - I love your enthusiasm and will be joining you on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. I am happily married but am definitely a single parent cruiser (DH has to work!!) and would love to hang out. I had so much fun last cruise with all the moms just like me I am not sure we can make it to the 2:00 p.m. on Friday, my son frankly, was first in the Mickey pool on our last cruise and was thrilled to have it all to himself...was in no hurry to leave for minor things like lunch or meet-ups.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #938
Wshop
Mouseketeer

K-Petty, not sure how old your kids are but mine at age 6 on the last cruise, out did me in the Lab/Club. He would have stayed all night. In fact, one night, I hosted a sleep over with him and a buddy he met on the cruise. The other parents were thrilled!
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #939
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
K-Petty, not sure how old your kids are but mine at age 6 on the last cruise, out did me in the Lab/Club. He would have stayed all night. In fact, one night, I hosted a sleep over with him and a buddy he met on the cruise. The other parents were thrilled!

That's along the lines of what I was going to say too... DS was 5 on our first cruise, and I had to practically pry him out of there with a crowbar at closing time. Also, for the littler ones, they put out nap mats and put a Disney movie on and turn down the lights so they can fall asleep watching the movie. The kids love it, the grownups get to have their own fun, everybody wins.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #940
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
Gina - I love your enthusiasm and will be joining you on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. I am happily married but am definitely a single parent cruiser (DH has to work!!) and would love to hang out. I had so much fun last cruise with all the moms just like me I am not sure we can make it to the 2:00 p.m. on Friday, my son frankly, was first in the Mickey pool on our last cruise and was thrilled to have it all to himself...was in no hurry to leave for minor things like lunch or meet-ups.

That's awesome!! Can't wait to meet you that Saturday!

I know I posted pics somewhere, but heaven knows what page back that was.... but here are just a few of Tyler Dean & I, so you can find me/us at the meets or anywhere else:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._EQ/Just%20Me/

Anyone else want to link to some pics of themselves, I'd love to see them so I know who I'm looking for too!

-gina-

Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #941
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Here is my crew! My DH and grandma won't be sailing with us and grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago, but my parents, boys and I look pretty much the same.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #942
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
Here is my crew! My DH and grandma won't be sailing with us and grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago, but my parents, boys and I look pretty much the same.

You have just the greatest, happiest smile... and your kids are absolutely adorable!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #943
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
That's awesome!! Can't wait to meet you that Saturday!

I know I posted pics somewhere, but heaven knows what page back that was.... but here are just a few of Tyler Dean & I, so you can find me/us at the meets or anywhere else:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5..._EQ/Just%20Me/

Anyone else want to link to some pics of themselves, I'd love to see them so I know who I'm looking for too!

-gina-
Here we are. Hope this works. Wow! That's HUGE!!!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #944
Belle1967
Earning My Ears

We are not doing the FE but might attend the meet. I hope the 11 year olds can use both programs. I am hesitant to have her with older kids and I am pushing for the club but will have her go to the open house at the Edge. She is social and makes friend easily but is also quick to pull out a book or her kindle.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #945
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1967 View Post
DD is 11. This is her first cruise. We aren't sure if she will be in the Lab or Edge. Just curious which way other families are leaning for this age group. DS is 6 and I do like the idea of them being together for this first cruise. I have read the information on other threads and will have her go to the open house.
Our DD 11 will mostly be in Edge. Her younger brother & sister are a good deal younger than her, (6 & 5), & I don't think she'll want to spend much time in the "baby club." She wouldn't mind hanging out w/ them, but NOT IN THE CLUB, lol!!!

Last edited by Kimbo71; 01-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: