Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #886
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

stupid question

I've seen a lot of talk about upgrades...How exactly does that happen? Is it just a random thing that you may get when you check in? Do you ask? I'm curious (and maybe a little hopeful...) LOL!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #887
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Granted I have no actual knowledge, this is what I've been reading so please correct me anyone if I have it wrong. After you check in, you head to the supervisor's desk and ask about the availability of upgrades and they will give you a price, several options if available. It's usually less than it would have been to upgrade before arriving at port but there doesn't appear to be any way to predict exactly how much it will cost. General guideline is that it's from the cost of the cabin you paid for or the lowest you could have been assigned in the case of GTY rates not the category room you are assigned. I'm sure cost has to do with number of cabins available for upgrade.

Since we did the KSF, suites weren't included, but if we can upgrade at port we don't pay more than someone who didn't do KSF in the same category room as us for the same upgrade. And the price appears to be set regardless of number of people in your party etc. ie: same for 2 as 5.

The earlier you arrive the better your chances of an upgrade being available. I have my parents onboard for asking about it, so we are going to arrive early and fingers crossed that it won't be too expensive as I'd love to sail a suite!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #888
FSU88
Mouseketeer

I've been playing around with 'LMGH's, Lime Green Mickey Heads, used to distinguish DIS'ers. I made one for everyone in the FEE. If you would like one made but are not in the FEE, I also included a blank. If you want me to add your name to one or change a name, just let me know.
Hopefully this works - I tried to create an album.
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9981459/
Let me know if it works.

I will probably laminate mine and tie it to something. We may not make the 2PM meet as we get in about that time but we will do our best.

3 weeks - seemed like my counter was at 60 just yesterday.
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #889
tryin
Mouseketeer

Jeff, that is really cool and thoughtful of you to do the Mickey heads. Thank you so much! I will laminate mine also.

I can't believe how soon we sail. It is exactly three weeks until I leave. I am so not ready!
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #890
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Thanks Jeff. That's so cool!!
Can't wait to hit the ship!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #891
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jeff! Those Mickey heads are so cool!

3 weeks from today!!!!!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #892
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! Much better than what this computer-challenged person was trying to do!
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #893
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=FSU88;47299635]I've been playing around with 'LMGH's, Lime Green Mickey Heads, used to distinguish DIS'ers. I made one for everyone in the FEE. If you would like one made but are not in the FEE, I also included a blank. If you want me to add your name to one or change a name, just let me know.

I can't seem to get the blank to download.
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #894
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Try going to this link for the blank Green Mickey head: http://imageshack.us/a/img594/3603/lgmh4.jpg

I only know Windows, not Mac. Once there if you right click the image you can then "Save as" and pick where to save the image.

I hope that helps.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #895
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Thanks Jeff for the mickey head!

But, I may not put mine on until after we board the ship. I'm usually a bit stressed out during embarkation! Don't want to scare anyone off with my scowly face!

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #896
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

You rock, Jeff!!! Thank you bunches for the LGMH!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #897
FSU88
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MKCQuilt;47304457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
I've been playing around with 'LMGH's, Lime Green Mickey Heads, used to distinguish DIS'ers. I made one for everyone in the FEE. If you would like one made but are not in the FEE, I also included a blank. If you want me to add your name to one or change a name, just let me know.

I can't seem to get the blank to download.
See if this works - right click and save image I think
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #898
Wshop
Mouseketeer

I think it is sold out for kids of certain ages. I literally kept refreshing the website for a cancellation/release of a hold earlier this week for my little guy. I checked and 2 adults or older kids, no problem. This happened to me before and Disney said at some point the kids' clubs are at max capacity but there is still cabin space.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #899
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I wonder how they figure that? They must have a formula because the chances of every kid being in the programming at one time is slim. I doubt my two will spend much time there at all. My oldest is wanting to do the pajama party but other than that I'd be surprised if they want to go and have us leave them there. That is going to be a whole lot of kids on board!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #900
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails
I wonder how they figure that? They must have a formula because the chances of every kid being in the programming at one time is slim. I doubt my two will spend much time there at all. My oldest is wanting to do the pajama party but other than that I'd be surprised if they want to go and have us leave them there. That is going to be a whole lot of kids on board!
I doubt my oldest will leave! We'll see about the youngest but we literally had to force the older one to come to dinner with us on our last cruise. The only thing that enticed her out was the pool!

I figured there would be a lot of kids with the kids sail free offer. I'm glad to hear the ship isn't sold out, though. Our last cruise was the first time we have ever had any kind of disappointment and that was because there were so many more people on the Dream. Everything felt crowded...like we were vacationing at the mall. Ick!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: