Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #841
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Oh yeah!! I can't wait to hear about it when they all get back! And I am wanting to see Navigators soooo bad!!

Welcome to all the new people! If you haven't already, be sure and check out the very first post of this long and fun thread -- Katie has done a great job of putting all the pertinent and helpful info there.
Only 24 more days!!!!

-gina-
Ha! Thanks for the reminder! I just updated the first post with the movie and dining rotation info!

As for seeing movies, we like to do that in the afternoon when the sun is too much for our fair-skinned girls.

And here's a pic for today! We got to see Cars 2 because it was released while we were on our cruise. Love the first run movies!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #842
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Post Office at Castaway Cay. I believe you can still send friends/family or yourself mail with the Bahamas stamp on it. From our experience it took a long time to receive the mail. One trip I planned for it so I took address labels already printed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #843
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Here is the updated FEE cabin deck plan. Current as of today, I would just need to move the GTY cabins once their rooms are assigned.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6...edeckplan3.jpg

Let me know if you want to change anything

KPetty, Could you please put this new link in the OP

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #844
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Dining Rotation question -

Any ideas about formal night if you're at Animator's Palate? Do they do the whole "show" thing that night or wait till the next time you're there?

I'm asking because I made Ella a killer Animator's Palate themed outfit that just won't be as cool if they're not doing the show on the non-formal night...

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #845
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib
Dining Rotation question -

Any ideas about formal night if you're at Animator's Palate? Do they do the whole "show" thing that night or wait till the next time you're there?

I'm asking because I made Ella a killer Animator's Palate themed outfit that just won't be as cool if they're not doing the show on the non-formal night...
They don't do the show on formal night or pirate night. They will do it the next time you're there.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #846
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
They don't do the show on formal night or pirate night. They will do it the next time you're there.
Whew! That's what I was hoping! I know I'm totally obsessed over DD's clothes, but that's part of the fun for me! Yes, I am a total and complete dork!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #847
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib

Whew! That's what I was hoping! I know I'm totally obsessed over DD's clothes, but that's part of the fun for me! Yes, I am a total and complete dork!
I'm just impressed that you can make them! I've tried sewing before but it was a hot mess. I don't have a creative bone in my body!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #848
CalgaryFam
Earning My Ears

We were also thinking about renting a car. We also get into Houston late Wednesday night and we are going to shop, shop shop on thursday. I have already arranged the disney transfer bus from the airport (which we then have to go back the airport on Friday) Dh and I talked about renting a car and driving it to Galveston instead of transfer and it was going to cost us $429.26 from Wed night til Friday morning. Then we still have to get back on Sat afternoon. Anyone else taking the disney transfer from the airport to Galveston? Im so overwhelmed with this. I dont even have a hotel booked yet!!
CalgaryFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #849
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Transportation

We figured out our transportation so I thought I would pass along. I called the Hilton Galveston and they recommended Dwayne with Texas Air Port Car. The cost is $95 for 3 or less people and$35 per person 4+ (each way). I requested an online quote which I received. I had read an online review that stated children under 3 are free. Sent him another email. He responded with a phone call and confirmed under 3 is free. So for the four of us the cost will be $95 which is $5 more than Disney transfers and he will pick-up/drop-off at the hotels rather than just the airport. The icing on the cake is that he asked if we were bringing car seats. When I said we were trying to avoid it he said no problem. He has car seats and booster seats. http://texasairportcar.com/index.html

Now all our arrangements are done. We just need to get on the plane in a few weeks.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #850
moniman01
Earning My Ears

what does dining rotations mean and all the letters mean???
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #851
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniman01 View Post
what does dining rotations mean and all the letters mean???
The ship has three dining rooms for sit-down dinners. (Palo, the adults only restaurant, is separate and has an extra cost.) You will rotate through the three rather than being in the same one every night. The cool thing is that your wait staff knows you and will be at your assigned table each night.
The letters are:
A- Animator's Palate "serves contemporary Pacific Rim cuisine made up of Pacific Island foods, Asian cooking techniques, fresh California fare and a host of other cultural and culinary influences."
L- Lumiere's "serves classic American fare for breakfast and lunch, and continental cuisine with a French flair for dinner."
P- Parrot Cay "boasts classic American fare for breakfast and lunch, and Caribbean island grill house specialties for dinner."
HTH!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #852
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
Here is the updated FEE cabin deck plan. Current as of today, I would just need to move the GTY cabins once their rooms are assigned.
Thanks Jeff! You did an awesome job on the map.

And thanks to KPetty and Florida Fun for doing such a great job organizing us all.

It won't be long now!
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #853
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post

Let me know if you want to change anything

KPetty, Could you please put this new link in the OP

Thanks
Jeff
Done! So awesome that you added which FEE each person is in. You rock!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #854
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Yes, a big thank you to Jeff for all your work on the ship graphic and on the combined cabin tab for the FEE.

To Gina for setting up the meets on the ship.

For all Katie's work in keeping the first post up to date here on the DIS boards.

As well as to Julie for setting up the facebook page and keeping all the fun going over there as well.

And to everyone else for all the helpful information, fun getting to know each other questions, and all the other things I am forgetting to be thankful for right now.

If anyone does not have or needs the link to the FEE Google document, please let me know by email or in a PM and I will get it to you.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #855
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

And to Beth, for keeping all these FEE groups arranged and everything all sorted out!!

This whole group is so much fun... I just can't wait to meet everyone. And I can't wait for the new Navigators, so I can put together one more meet that first sea day!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: