Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #796
dgmommie
Mouseketeer
 
dgmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02

Hi purplepaula!

Yay more Canadians! We're from Ontario, east of Toronto. We have 3 boys, 8, 4, and almost 20 months. You guys must be spread out in 2 cabins as well.

I will definitely be looking forward to the warmer weather (well warmer than here). It's been getting chilly around here lately, around -10 C / 14F, and I think next week it's dipping down to -15 C / 5F. Although I know that you guys get even colder weather out west!

Natalie
My husband was born in Canada - Winnipeg. He moved to the States when he was one, but still has family in that area and in Toronto..
__________________
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #797
Luet02
Earning My Ears
 
Luet02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmommie View Post
My husband was born in Canada - Winnipeg. He moved to the States when he was one, but still has family in that area and in Toronto..
Cool! Another Canadian connection!
__________________



Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #798
fatfish
DIS Veteran
 
fatfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas, baby!
Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
33, sleet, coats!? I need help with what to pack. I was planning to be in capri's and shorts most of the time, and I only planned to bring 2 pairs of full length pants, and I'm not planning on doing laundry. Should I rethink this and pack more pants and less shorts? What is everyone packing for clothes? I do know enough to bring a jacket in case it is cold and windy on the top deck in the evening, but I wasn't expecting to need it in Texas. Help?
It could be beautiful, as well. We just don't know. Check weather.com regularly before we leave. It has been unseasonable cold for about 2 weeks (33 is definitely unseasonably cold), but its supposed to be nice (60-70) for the next week. The weather should get nicer as we head south in the Carribbean. But plan on needing a jacket/sweatshirt at night, even at WDW. When we go to WDW in Feb or March, we start the day in sweatshirts and by mid-morning we're wearing them around our waist. At about 8-9 pm, they go back on. I'm packing pants, capris and shorts, and I expect to need them all.
__________________
fatfish
POP Century 4/2004, offsite at Dad's house (an hour away) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
AS Music 8/2008! Christmas 2008 at Dad's house
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #799
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust
 
Dawncala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 390

January 8 night Galveston sailing report

I just found this report with some information from someone who just got off the January 12th 8 night Galveston sailing. It has some show night and weather info.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....agic+navigator
__________________
Dawncala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #800
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer
 
FloridaFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 156

Welcome to the boards Paula. I also got you all set up for the FEE.

Thank you Dawn for the link to the information about the navigators.

And a big thank you to everyone on the weather advice. We said out of Galveston last March 15th and the weather then was just beautiful. We even swam in the ocean until near dark time with the kids, but it sounds like a month can make a big difference.

The 4th FEE group has 12 cabins and will close on the 22nd of January. If you are lurking or new here, this will be the last FEE group. Please let me know before then if you wish to participate.
__________________

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #801
bpokornik
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Casey, IL
Posts: 10

HI fellow passengers!

Completed our reservation this week and are officially joining you all!
Met some of you on FaceBook last week before I booked---

I have some info that I thought would be helpful. If it is a repeat, I apologize. I have only read up to page 36 --- so here goes

Dinning rotations:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D

I tried to find out which days were the character breakfasts and the movie on Pirate Night. That info was not available.

Hope that is helpful! Needless to say I am crazy excited! We haven't told our kids---DD29 & DD31 and our Grandchildren & 2-SIL's---that we are going on another Disney Cruise without them. This trip we are taking the MIL for her 80th b-day. Tried to get everyone together at Christmas for a family cruise to celebrate but our SIL is military and is stationed out of the country. We don't want to wait since MIL is in good health now. Last year at this time she was diagnosed with cancer. Just a reminder, we are all on borrowed time!

And we have not revealed the trip to MIL yet! Well, we had to give her some heads up like clear your calendar and a packing list. She may have guessed cruise but she will never dream it's a Disney Cruise and 8 nights to boot!!!

I enjoyed hearing about the Christmas reveal for some of your families...so I have some ideas. Loved the scavenger hunt!
bpokornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #802
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer
 
FloridaFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 156

Welcome bpokornik! And thank you for sharing the information on the movies. Does anyone know if they use the 3-D type glasses from the movie theater or the kind that are for Disney attractions? I may want to bring our more comfortable ones from home.

We are traveling with my mom and father-in-law this cruise, so if your mom wants someone to hang out with by the pool, just let me know. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer just over a year ago too and we knew our time was limited with him. We took a wonderful adult only cruise (Dad, my 2 older brothers, and myself) in December of 2011. It made the most beautiful memories for us that we enjoy sharing now that he is gone. I am sure you will, but treasure every moment.
__________________

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #803
CalgaryFam
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5

Hi purplepaula
You guessed it, we are neighbors.

As for the FEE, I dont know anything about what it is and I was scared to do to it without seeing what it was all about.

We are also looking forward to some warm weather.
CalgaryFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #804
KPetty725
DIS Veteran
 
KPetty725's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 520

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik
HI fellow passengers!

Completed our reservation this week and are officially joining you all!
Met some of you on FaceBook last week before I booked---

I have some info that I thought would be helpful. If it is a repeat, I apologize. I have only read up to page 36 --- so here goes

Dinning rotations:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D

I tried to find out which days were the character breakfasts and the movie on Pirate Night. That info was not available.

Hope that is helpful! Needless to say I am crazy excited! We haven't told our kids---DD29 & DD31 and our Grandchildren & 2-SIL's---that we are going on another Disney Cruise without them. This trip we are taking the MIL for her 80th b-day. Tried to get everyone together at Christmas for a family cruise to celebrate but our SIL is military and is stationed out of the country. We don't want to wait since MIL is in good health now. Last year at this time she was diagnosed with cancer. Just a reminder, we are all on borrowed time!

And we have not revealed the trip to MIL yet! Well, we had to give her some heads up like clear your calendar and a packing list. She may have guessed cruise but she will never dream it's a Disney Cruise and 8 nights to boot!!!

I enjoyed hearing about the Christmas reveal for some of your families...so I have some ideas. Loved the scavenger hunt!
This is great! i wish i could take my 80yo grandmother but she doesn't get around very well anymore. I bet shes going to be super surprised!

thanks for the info! I'll add it to page one when I get back to my computer on Tuesday. We decided to take a mini vacay to Austin since everyone is off on Monday and my husband has a conference out there. Nothing like a free hotel room and time off! Plus they have an indoor pool which got my rear in gear for finding our swimsuits. One more thing to put in the "cruise pile" when we get back! :-D

Oh, and someone was questioning the outdoor movie screen. They definitely have one but I don't think it plays all the time like the one on the dream but I could be wrong. I do remember watching movies from the goofy pool! Made me a bit queasy but DD loved it!
__________________
- Katie



KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #805
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!
 
elmo2200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DFW,Texas
Posts: 314

Kpetty - thanks for info on movie screen. I could not find anything saying Magic has one. We've only done Wonder before. We would sure miss it if magic didn't have one!
Pic-of-the-day!!! Wonder
__________________
Tracey Me DH DD(19) DS(15)
2/28/2008 3 day Wonder, CBR * 2/08/2009 4 day Wonder, CBR * 11/12/2009 3 day Wonder , Nickelodeon Hotel * 02/15/2013 8 day Magic 20th Anniversary/DD Senior Trip * 1/03/2015 7 day Fantasy
elmo2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #806
dgmommie
Mouseketeer
 
dgmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik
HI fellow passengers!
Movies on board are:
TOY STORY 3 IN 3-D
TANGLED IN 3-D
CHIMPANZEE
PEOPLE LIKE US
ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN
BRAVE
FRANKENWIENIE
WRACK IT RALPH
LINCOLN
MONSTER'S INC IN 3-D
Thanks for that list! There are several on there I wanted to see but never got the chance. I foresee a few movies in my time on the ship!
__________________
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #807
Tass
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmommie View Post
Thanks for that list! There are several on there I wanted to see but never got the chance. I foresee a few movies in my time on the ship!
Same here! Thanks for the list
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #808
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brentwood, California (near San Francisco)
Posts: 57

WDW dining reservation

We made a last minute decision to go on this cruise. Now trying to make dining reservations at "Be Our Guest" on the day we are at WDW. New to Disney dining - Is it better to try to call the reservation line or make the reservation on-line?
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #809
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun
 
Gina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pearland/Friendswood, TX
Posts: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCQuilt View Post
We made a last minute decision to go on this cruise. Now trying to make dining reservations at "Be Our Guest" on the day we are at WDW. New to Disney dining - Is it better to try to call the reservation line or make the reservation on-line?


I think it's all pretty much the same... online might be easier if their phone lines are way tied up. I hope you're able to snag a cancellation or something! From what I understand, Be Our Guest has been booked up through Spring ever since they opened reservations up for the place. I've got my fingers crossed for ya!
__________________
WDW many times
Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/2014 - Disney Magic ~ '02, '03, '04, '08, '13 - Grand Princess ~ '06 - Voyager of the Seas ~ '10- Mariner of the Seas ~ '12
Next up: Navigator of the Seas ~ 2/8/15


Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #810
Tass
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I think it's all pretty much the same... online might be easier if their phone lines are way tied up. I hope you're able to snag a cancellation or something! From what I understand, Be Our Guest has been booked up through Spring ever since they opened reservations up for the place. I've got my fingers crossed for ya!
Also, Be Our Guest is a quick-service restaurant for lunch - no reservations needed. I've been reading that folks start lining up about 30 min before the restaurant opens, but that once it opens the line moves quickly. Hope that helps
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: