Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #751
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Happy belated birthday to your 3 year old!

I am pretty sure that no cure exists, Luet02, for the magnet obsession. I have about 100 saved in my magnet folder. Next, I need to just pick a few or I will be with Katie and putting them on all the doors on my deck. Oh, Thanks for the cabin number Harrisdreamteam for my extra magnets. You better look out!

I have some magnet ideas with no names on them, Luet02. Just let me know if you want me to email you some of them. I too would post them here, but I also don't know how to attach a picture.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #752
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

I'm sure there is now an easier way to post pictures but I still use the old school way which is to get a free photobucket.com account. I upload the picture there and it automatically has links on the right side to copy the image code. I then paste the image code in my Disboard post. It is like including a website link. You can preview your post to make sure it works before you hit submit. HTH!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #753
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
You've got to kind of dig around. That's what makes it so time consuming. You'll find them randomly in different folders. I couldn't figure out a method to the madness, which is why I spent so long in there. Plus, I was trying to manipulate them myself and my computer graphic skills are like kindergarten level!
OK, I think that I finally cracked the code to seeing the blanks in millie's photobucket account.

When you're in the milliesky account, click on "all completed requests" in the left tab first. Then click on cruise in the left tab as well. Now look at the top, and see milliesky's library / All completed requests / cruise, and click on the All completed requests at the top. Now click on the Show albums and stories tab on the left, and voila, all of a sudden there is a Disney Cruise tab on the left which you can click on and access the blanks!

Thanks everyone for the magnet help and advice.

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #754
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Got our magnets for trading in the mail last night. Got some good ones, including a really cool POTC that I will not be trading.

Got the t-shirts ordered. The remaining FE gifts are on their way. Downloaded the magnets I want to make. Now I just need to wait 30 more days to get on the ship!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #755
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Well drat. I was hoping there was a way to post photos that didn't involve uploading them online first (seems like doubling the work to post them online twice!) but oh well. Here are some of the ones I found from milliepie's photobucket account if you want to save yourself some time (and temptation!)

For the license plate, I just inserted it into a Word document and added Word Art that looked a little embossed to make it look like our last name was stamped on the plate. For the ship on the water, I used PowerPoint and added text boxes so I could rotate them to fit, then printed the slide. :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #756
jzandmeplus3
Earning My Ears

Cruise Navigators

Just posted on the 1/4 & 1/18 cruise meet boards asking cruisers to post/publish their cruise navigators if they kept them so we can get a sneak peek of the fun that's in store for us! Hopefully someone did and posts them.
jzandmeplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #757
purplepaula
Earning My Ears

So excited about my first Disney cruise. Have been wanting to go on one forever but because they always seemed too expensive kept going on different cruiselines. But now my dream is coming true and I can't wait.
We surprised our children at Christmas, which was hard to keep the secret since I have been planning this for a year.
I was originally booked for the 1 Feb 13 sailing and only found out about the change in Oct because my travel agent forgot to tell me At first I was upset but now think this itinerary is so much better for the kids (and I always wanted to go to CC)
There are eight of us going, myself, DH, 3DS (17, 14, and 7) DD (2) and my mother and mother-in-law.
This thread is great, thanks for all the tips
purplepaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #758
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Welcome purplepaula!!!

Pic-of-the-day time!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #759
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02 View Post
OK, I think that I finally cracked the code to seeing the blanks in millie's photobucket account.

When you're in the milliesky account, click on "all completed requests" in the left tab first. Then click on cruise in the left tab as well. Now look at the top, and see milliesky's library / All completed requests / cruise, and click on the All completed requests at the top. Now click on the Show albums and stories tab on the left, and voila, all of a sudden there is a Disney Cruise tab on the left which you can click on and access the blanks!

Thanks everyone for the magnet help and advice.

Natalie
I knew I wasn't crazy because I found that Disney Cruise folder and then I couldn't find it again later for the life of me. I'll have to go look some more to make sure I got everything I wanted.

Boy, I need this vacation so bad, the past two weeks have been the worst ever. My husband's grandpa passed away on Jan. 4 and then my grandpa passed away yesterday. I'm just plain exhausted and tired of crying and need to get away so badly. I am so thankful for something happy to look forward to and distract me a little.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #760
klove10381
Earning My Ears

On carnival there is a place online to say whether you want beds together or apart. Is there anything like that on dcl or do i call? I was reading another persons experience and it sounded like it took them the whole first day to get the beds pulled apart and made.
klove10381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #761
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200 View Post
Welcome purplepaula!!!

Pic-of-the-day time!!!!
Cool Pic! Does Magic have a water slide like this? If so, what is the age / height requirement?

Natalie

Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #762
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
Boy, I need this vacation so bad, the past two weeks have been the worst ever. My husband's grandpa passed away on Jan. 4 and then my grandpa passed away yesterday. I'm just plain exhausted and tired of crying and need to get away so badly. I am so thankful for something happy to look forward to and distract me a little.
I'm so sorry for your losses... I hope you're able to relax on the cruise and enjoy some peace and some fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepaula View Post
I was originally booked for the 1 Feb 13 sailing and only found out about the change in Oct because my travel agent forgot to tell me At first I was upset but now think this itinerary is so much better for the kids (and I always wanted to go to CC)
There are eight of us going, myself, DH, 3DS (17, 14, and 7) DD (2) and my mother and mother-in-law.
This thread is great, thanks for all the tips

Welcome!! DS will be excited there's another his age -- he'll be turning 17 the day after the cruise. Last time we were on the Magic he was only just turning 12, so he's way excited to get to experience the teen club this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klove10381 View Post
On carnival there is a place online to say whether you want beds together or apart. Is there anything like that on dcl or do i call? I was reading another persons experience and it sounded like it took them the whole first day to get the beds pulled apart and made.

I always just tell DCL or my TA, and the beds have always been apart when we get there, no problem!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #763
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Welcome purplepaula! My Mom will be cruising with us as well and I know a couple of others on the board will also have their moms. It would be great for all the Mom’s to get together.

Elmo2200 – Thank you for the pool picture. When I saw that all I could do was picture my kids swimming there while I relaxed watching them. What a feeling!

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your DH’s Grandpa and your Grandpa, Stephanne. I can relate as I lost my Dad last August. Having the cruise and the FEE to look forward to has really helped me get through my loss. Hang in there and I wish your family comfort at this difficult time. Sending you all hugs.

FEE Update - The 4th FEE group will close on the 22nd of January. This will be the last group. If you want to be in that group please contact me before that date. Thank you.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013

Last edited by FloridaFun; 01-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #764
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
So sorry for your losses. My family will be praying for you and your loved ones during this difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02 View Post
Cool Pic! Does Magic have a water slide like this? If so, what is the age / height requirement?

Natalie
Natalie - This IS the Magic (or the Wonder, they look the same) so the kids can swim/slide here in 29 days!! The slide is for kids ages 4-14 with a minimum height of 38" and maximum 64". The Mickey Pool is the Kid pool and is only 2-feet deep, which makes it perfect for the little ones. The water is very warm due to the shallowness (and...well...let's not think of why else a kiddie pool would be warm, shall we? ) so even the little ones like it. Plus, it's usually less crowded than the family pool in the middle of the ship (mainly b/c the adults can't really "swim" in this one).

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #765
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Natalie - This IS the Magic (or the Wonder, they look the same) so the kids can swim/slide here in 29 days!! The slide is for kids ages 4-14 with a minimum height of 38" and maximum 64". The Mickey Pool is the Kid pool and is only 2-feet deep, which makes it perfect for the little ones. The water is very warm due to the shallowness (and...well...let's not think of why else a kiddie pool would be warm, shall we? ) so even the little ones like it. Plus, it's usually less crowded than the family pool in the middle of the ship (mainly b/c the adults can't really "swim" in this one).
Oh the kids will love this! For some reason I thought that there was only water slides on the newer ships!

Thanks,

Natalie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: