Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #736
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisdreamteam View Post
Feel free to drop any extras off at 8540!
In the mean time you can offer suggestions on where to start with making them!
I'm overwhelmed! I need help too! Please be very specific.

Has anybody used self-laminating pouches? I don't know if our printer will like magnetic pages.
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #737
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCQuilt View Post
I'm overwhelmed! I need help too! Please be very specific.

Has anybody used self-laminating pouches? I don't know if our printer will like magnetic pages.
Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2897587

I recommend scrolling to the bottom of the first post and clicking on the pink Mickey head. This will take you to milliepie's photobucket account. She has TONS of graphics (warning...when I say TONS, I mean that I literally spent 3 days searching through them and didn't see them all )! If you look on the left side of the screen (once you're in Photobucket and have entered the password), you will see "show albums and stories". Click that to expand the library folders. If your family members have common names, you can probably find them already made in the "Name Fills" folder. You just download the image and print however you'd like. There are also some blank ones that you can customize yourself. I downloaded those and then opened them in PowerPoint, added my text, and saved the slide as a jpg so it would print as a picture.

I haven't actually made magnets before but I decided that the magnetic paper was cost prohibitive so I just printed on cardstock and am laminating it (free laminating for teachers). I bought a roll of magnetic tape that can be cut to any length and have enlisted my grandmother to add magnets to the back of each one after it's been laminated. I'm also thinking about dropping into Hope Depot and snagging a few of the Disney paint chips which are rumored to be in the shape of Mickey's head.

I hope this at least gets you started! Let me know if you have any questions. It took me a little bit to figure Photobucket out but, once I did, I didn't need anything else! There were SO many I decided to stick to those for this trip. DH is NOT happy with the amount I've been printing lately. I can't imagine why, between the magnets and the FEE gifts!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #738
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Nooooooooo!!! Every time I think I've recovered, I stumble across something else that's cute which starts me looking all over again. At this rate, I may have to decorate our neighbor's doors too! Maybe when the printer runs out of ink ill be ale to stop!
Hehe! I finally broke down and bought a cheap laminator, and have started laminating the printed sheets that I have (before the baby wrecks them!)

Now I have to make sure that he stays away from the hot laminator!

I looked in Millie's photobucket, but I could only see her completed magnets for other people, in which section are the unlabeled ones found?

My hubby is not impressed either. He keeps giving me dirty looks because I am on the computer, while he's watching the kids after supper.

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #739
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Pic-of-the-day!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #740
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02 View Post
I looked in Millie's photobucket, but I could only see her completed magnets for other people, in which section are the unlabeled ones found?

Natalie
You've got to kind of dig around. That's what makes it so time consuming. You'll find them randomly in different folders. I couldn't figure out a method to the madness, which is why I spent so long in there. Plus, I was trying to manipulate them myself and my computer graphic skills are like kindergarten level!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #741
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Magnet sheets can be kind of pricey, I think 5 were around $13.00. They did print very well though using my cheap Dell inkjet. At the best setting, everything was very crisp and the ink was not smudging. I also bought a cheap 3M laminator, and it works pretty well. I had to laminate some other things I was making.
Here are some other images I found that I saved but I ran out of magnet paper and decided I had made enough.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #742
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Luet02;47191558]
Quote:
They don't feature a specific character but there are usually one or two days that they do a big princess meet and greet. I think I saw you have boys though so not sure they would want a shirt for that! LOL! There are characters roaming the ship everywhere! I can't tell you how many times we've just been walking the halls and seen characters just hanging out so make sure you take your camera (and autograph books if you do that) everywhere!

OK, Thanks, that makes it easier for me then. I'll probably just try to get them a couple of cheap Disney shirts with their favourite characters on them from good ole Walmart. You're right, with 3 boys we'll probably be steering clear of the princesses!

Happy Birthday to your little 3 year old! Yay Kid's Club!

Natalie
they do have a list of specific characters with times and location on the Navigator for each day but the Characters also show up randomly. For our first cruise someone gave the advice to take your autograph book (or any item you want signed - photo mat, t-shirt, pillowcase) to the front desk with pens/markers and your room number. They will have all the characters sign it. That way you don't have to carry around your autograph book. Later in the cruise you go back to the front desk and pick it up.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #743
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Here are 3 more I did make with my last sheet.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #744
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I just spent some time doing some. I nelieve my mom has a laminator at her daycare so we'll probably go that route. I did find some blanks with digging and saved some but then I couldn't find where I was again later so who knows......

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #745
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

If someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll post some of the magnet images I found that were either Texas- or Magic-related.

Question: Does anyone know how much alcohol you're allowed to bring on the ship or where that info can be found? A friend of ours is sailing the trip before ours and was asking me but we don't drink so I wasn't sure. Hoping someone here knows!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #746
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02 View Post
I knew it! Hey there! Whereabouts are you from?

Natalie

Regina, and it is cold here and we have a ton of snow. I heard that Ontario was having great weather this past week (at least in Toronto). I know we can't wait to escape the winter. We have an overnight stopover in Toronto on our way to Houston which isn't great, but that is what you get trying to fly a family of 5 on airmiles out of Regina. It will all be worth it once we are on that ship!
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #747
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll post some of the magnet images I found that were either Texas- or Magic-related.

Question: Does anyone know how much alcohol you're allowed to bring on the ship or where that info can be found? A friend of ours is sailing the trip before ours and was asking me but we don't drink so I wasn't sure. Hoping someone here knows!
Can't help you with posting pictures but here is the answer to your alcohol question (straight off the Disney Cruise line website) Doesn't seem to have a limit just that it must fit in a carry on:

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #748
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
Regina, and it is cold here and we have a ton of snow. I heard that Ontario was having great weather this past week (at least in Toronto). I know we can't wait to escape the winter. We have an overnight stopover in Toronto on our way to Houston which isn't great, but that is what you get trying to fly a family of 5 on airmiles out of Regina. It will all be worth it once we are on that ship!
Oh Cool! Yeah, our snow has come and gone already (for now). It is cold enough to have to wear a winter coat and boots during the day, and if the wind is blowing, a hat, and gloves, but it's not unbearable cold. We're around the 0C mark (32F), although this past weekend it was very warm, I think it went up to 14C (58F). I think though that it's supposed to start getting colder next week and snow, -7C (19F). You guys definitely have it colder though!

I know what you mean about airmiles, we're doing the same thing, and thankfully have a direct flight going down on Wednesday night, but we have a stopover in Charlotte, NC on the way back on the Sunday after the cruise.

Definitely looking forward to the warmth as well! Bring it on!

Natalie

Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #749
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/
see the 3rd video
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #750
moniman01
Earning My Ears

we should try and meet, Its so crazy we have same names, lol
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: