Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #691
Tass
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pics WDRL! I saw the weather delay noted on the Disney website last night. That must have been some fog! I hope if we experience a similar delay, that we're the group already on the ship!
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #692
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

As much as I love cruising this time of year, the fog possibility is the worst thing about it. We got delayed on Voyager a few years ago because of fog -- didn't get onboard until almost 8pm, and then we couldn't leave Galveston until around 2am. Missing that whole first day was awful.

Got lucky on our last cruise, and I have my fingers crossed for this cruise!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #693
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Luet02 - Thanks for posting that you had emailed me. My outlook filter had put it in the junk folder. Ugh! I got you all entered and emailed you back with the link.

Just in case - If there is anyone else that emailed me to sign up for group 4 and you have not heard back from me, please let me know.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #694
Luet02
Earning My Ears

FloridaFun:

Thanks, got it! Looks good! Yeah, I thought that there was someone else from Canada (calgaryfam)? that was signing up for FEE #4?

Anyone else from Canada coming? (Come on, I know you're out there!)

Natalie
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #695
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
My refrigerator is subbing for a cabin door until cruise time. Here are the magnets I made. I have 3 sets of 'ears' to put on our round door number during the cruise. I printed these on full magnetic sheets.
These were pulled from this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

I then looked through this massive thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=door+magnets
Tons of ideas, and the OP, milliepie, has links in her signature taking you to her file site, where I got most of the images

I dropped the image into a Word document and added in word art to customize. I filled in full 8-1/2 x 11 magnetic sheets then cut out from there after printing. I should have tagged all the designs with the cabin# to dissuade any passer bys from helping themselves. I will probably write something on the back of the ears in silver sharpie.

I bought 2 packs of 5 magnetic sheets, and that was plenty for me. I ended up wasting one as it jammed in my printer and generally mucked the whole sheet up. The ink appears to be smudge free and they came out better than I thought.

The smaller name tags are on magnetic business cards, and I made one for each person in my FEE group as one of their gifts.

Cheers,
Jeff

I totally love the Yoda\Mickey Bar one!!! We are obsessing over Mickey bars. I would love to copy this idea if you don't mind. Where can I get it, how do I edit it???

I just ordered a laminator for magnet making. I've never done door decorations before. I'm excited!
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #696
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniman01 View Post
You need to book a time for the bus to take you from ship to parks. I called Disney and they told me that we are at parks from 6am to midnight. This will give you option to do night activities at park if you want since you dont need to be back on ship until midnight.
I didn't know this. Would we do this as another port adventure?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #697
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
As much as I love cruising this time of year, the fog possibility is the worst thing about it. We got delayed on Voyager a few years ago because of fog -- didn't get onboard until almost 8pm, and then we couldn't leave Galveston until around 2am. Missing that whole first day was awful.

Got lucky on our last cruise, and I have my fingers crossed for this cruise!!
Fortunately, fog related delays aren't that common, but Murphy's Law can rear its ugly head at any time. That is one reason why we prefer to arrive at our embarkation port a day early when we fly.

On another board, it was reported that the Crown Princess left about 12:10 AM this morning. The Disney Magic, which was berthed behind the Crown, left around 12:37 AM. I wonder if either ship will have to modify its itinerary to make up for the lost time.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #698
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_widow View Post
Yes, you select a time and a Park as one of your port excursions for February 19. You only book the bus ride to WDW; you can't reserve a return bus or time.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #699
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, it is a port adventure for the Port Canaveral day. It's included in your cruise fare, but you need to choose time/park. My understanding is you do not need to choose your return time to the ship in advance. DCL gives you a listing of bus departures from each park and you choose when you want to return.
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #700
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I totally love the Yoda\Mickey Bar one!!! We are obsessing over Mickey bars. I would love to copy this idea if you don't mind. Where can I get it, how do I edit it???

I just ordered a laminator for magnet making. I've never done door decorations before. I'm excited!
Here is the blank I found. You can add text as you like. I edited mine in WORD, it was the easiest way for me to do it. If you are having trouble, let me know what you would like on it and I can edit easy enough, then I can just send you the WORD doc you can print from.
Jeff
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #701
FSU88
Mouseketeer

I've updated the last tab on the google document for the new cabins in FEE4. Please let me know if you see any errors.

I've also updated the FEE graphic. Here is a link
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8...edeckplan2.jpg

Also - I see IHeartMickey was added to FEE4, is that correct?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #702
Luet02
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=FSU88;47176931]Here is the blank I found. You can add text as you like. I edited mine in WORD, it was the easiest way for me to do it. If you are having trouble, let me know what you would like on it and I can edit easy enough, then I can just send you the WORD doc you can print from.
Jeff

Love it!!! I'll copy this too, if that's OK? My boys are big into Star Wars!

Natalie
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #703
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Yes, you select a time and a Park as one of your port excursions for February 19. You only book the bus ride to WDW; you can't reserve a return bus or time.
Thanks WDRL and Tass! I mis-understood and was thinking we had to pre-book a return bus. We do have the morning bus already scheduled (6:30am to Epcot). Whew.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #704
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
Here is the blank I found. You can add text as you like. I edited mine in WORD, it was the easiest way for me to do it. If you are having trouble, let me know what you would like on it and I can edit easy enough, then I can just send you the WORD doc you can print from.
Jeff
Thank you, thank you, thank you Jeff!!! I just love that pic! I'll give the editing a go, and thanks for offering to help if I get stuck.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #705
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luet02 View Post

Love it!!! I'll copy this too, if that's OK? My boys are big into Star Wars!

Natalie
Copy away. There are many on the boards that do designs and this was in one of their photobucket files and they all say they are free to share. One designer had over 2300 images, and I only have one magnet sheet left, decisions, decisions.
One file was all Star Wars. I will see if I can find it again and post a link.
Jeff

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: