Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #676
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu

Bummer we are going out of different airports. We will for sure be at the pool and probably the beach. My DH love to explore and I'm sure he will find something for us to see. Getting excited to set sail.
I bet we'll be in the same hotel shuttle from the port to the Hilton.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #677
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Park Hours

I was looking at the park hours and I was surprised how early the parks are closing the day we are there. I had read that President's Day week is one of the busiest weeks of the year.

We are still planning to attempt three parks. Starting the day at AK. Then to DHS (TSMM is DH favorite ride). Then MK. I would like to try to watch the electric light parade and fireworks in MK before heading back.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #678
tryin
Mouseketeer

Aww, just remembered the suitcase weight limit. Now, I will need at least 2 suitcases afterall.

I wanted to do the fireworks too in MK, but I think they are at 10PM and we need to be back by 12:45AM right? I don't think there will be enough time. Any one know?

Instead, thinking of doing illuminations or fantastic.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #679
Ichiban
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
Aww, just remembered the suitcase weight limit. Now, I will need at least 2 suitcases afterall.

I wanted to do the fireworks too in MK, but I think they are at 10PM and we need to be back by 12:45AM right? I don't think there will be enough time. Any one know?

Instead, thinking of doing illuminations or fantastic.
MK Fireworks are at 8pm, so that should be plenty of time. It also looks like they are running two parades that day - @ 7pm and 9pm. Park is open until 11. From what I remember reading about the NYC cruises, the last buses left MK pretty late, maybe as late as 11pm?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...meofday=allday

We are planning to start at Epcot for a couple of hours and then head to MK for the rest of the day. I hope we can last for the entire day!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #680
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Since we live only 48 miles from the Port of Galveston, we decided to drive down and catch of glimpse of the Disney Magic while its in port today. Before we left our home, we heard that heavy fog in the Galveston and Houston ship channels was preventing ships from coming into port. As we drove down to Galveston, I called the Disney Cruise information a couple times and was told the Disney Magic was still off shore.

We got to the Galveston pier around 2:00 PM and were pleasantly surprised to see the Magic in port. We took a few photos of the Magic and even heard its ship's horn a few times. We ran into a family that was also taking photos and who were sailing today on the Magic. They had been advised to delay their check-in time by six hours due to the Magic's late arrival.

Here are some photos we took of the Magic. They aren't the best, but we should get much better photos next month!

Hopefully, we won't have any weather delays on our cruise.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #681
moniman01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
Gina, we are joining you in jumping ship from 2/1 to 2/15. Trying to get pumped about WDW since we were just there 5 months ago! Do you happen to know how much time we have at the parks? I am assuming the buses get there by opening but do you know when we have to leave to return to the ship? I want to make sure to get dining reservations when the 180 day window opens on thursday, and am wondering if we will have time for an early dinner or just lunch? I can't seem to find a detailed itinerary for our sailing yet.....
You need to book a time for the bus to take you from ship to parks. I called Disney and they told me that we are at parks from 6am to midnight. This will give you option to do night activities at park if you want since you dont need to be back on ship until midnight.
moniman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #682
tryin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
MK Fireworks are at 8pm, so that should be plenty of time. It also looks like they are running two parades that day - @ 7pm and 9pm. Park is open until 11. From what I remember reading about the NYC cruises, the last buses left MK pretty late, maybe as late as 11pm?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...meofday=allday

We are planning to start at Epcot for a couple of hours and then head to MK for the rest of the day. I hope we can last for the entire day!
I was looking at this:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/febfw13.cfm

Hmm, did I read this correctly?
but, I guess Disney would know. I am glad its at 9pm. i loved the fireworks at disneyland best of all the things we did there and want so badly to see disney's fireworks again!

Last edited by tryin; 01-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #683
moniman01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
We just switched from the June 1st Med cruise to this one. Took advantage of the the kids sail free offer also, even though only one of our 3 kids will be free. The cruise itself is the same price as the 7 day Mediterranean, but the entire Med vacation was adding up to over $10,000 for our family of 5...not an option for us.

I can't believe how quiet this thread is! No wonder they opened up kids sail free! Anyway, it will be Myself(Andrea), my DH(Ryan) and our 3 DD's, Ashley, Riley and Bailey, 18, 13, and 8. We haven't told the kids yet, not sure how they are going to take it since we booked the Mediterranean the day it opened up and have been talking about it a lot. I think we will sell them on going to CC and WDW, plus one extra night on the ship wont hurt. And, they wont be missing that much school since they have the week of Presidents day off. They are just as addicted to DCL as I am, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My brother and his family should be going with us also. So this thread should be growing...
Hey there, we will be on this cruise too and our names are Andrea and Ryan, we have 2 boys, who are 8 and 4.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #684
moniman01
Earning My Ears

First Disney Cruise!!

We booked this cruise a while back bc we could not pass up the KSF deal. We live in Houston and we are so excited this cruise is going to CC. It will be myself, DH and our two boys who are 8 and 4. We booked excurison at CC and Palo. We havent booked any excursions at Key West. If anyone has suggestions, please let us know - we would love the input on a good excursion that would interest 2 boys. If anyone has useful things to pack, do's, don'ts please let me know. I have been reading reviews on other websites bc I want to start getting a list going of what to do!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #685
Luet02
Earning My Ears

We're going as well! Please add us to the 4th FEE!

Hi Everyone:

Sorry that we're so late to the party! We actually booked just after Christmas! So excited! There are five of us going in two cabins, one is an IGT, but we'll just hang the FE on one cabin to make it easier for everyone. We've got 3 boys: DS 8, DS 4, & DS 1. Could we please sign up to be in the 4th FEE? This will be our 1st DIS Cruise!

Thanks,

Natalie
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #686
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Hi Moniman01

Looks like we have boys the same age!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #687
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Daily Character question?

Hi again:

Don't mind me,. Does anyone know if the ship has a specific Disney character featured daily? I just wanted to know if I should get character T shirts for the kids to coincide with those days? It will be great to see the Navigators from the Jan 18th cruise! Woo Hoo!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #688
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Natalie,

You can email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to sign up for the 4th FEE group. I will need the following:

Cabin number (if you have it assigned), Dis Board name, family last name, adult names, kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #689
Luet02
Earning My Ears

Thanks Beth!

I just sent you our info! Now I have to get going with all this stuff!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #690
castawaygirl
Earning My Ears

We are still in for FEE Group #3!
castawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: