Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #661
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
I'll e-mail it to you, Beth.
Nevermind, Beth. I'm having trouble again.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #662
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I wonder if it is something with our Internet provider here in the springs. I will keep trying it, but if someone else would email it to me, that would be great. I am totally wondering what it looks like.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #663
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I wonder if it is something with our Internet provider here in the springs. I will keep trying it, but if someone else would email it to me, that would be great. I am totally wondering what it looks like.
see if this works
http://s628.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=6&o=1
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #664
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post

I'm trying to pack lightly. We are a party of five, so we will be doing laundry. I'm trying to just take one suitcase.
Whoa. That is a feat I know we could never accomplish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200 View Post
Wow, We will probably have 7-8 suitcases for 4 people. Let us know how it goes! We may need tips...
This sounds more like us. I also like having options. Also, I'm making all of DD's outfits (with the exception of formal night probably because she's got a fancy dress already that will work) and those will take up a lot of space. What can I say - the girl loves puffy and ruffly!

Can't believe we're getting so close!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #665
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
My flights just got moved and now they don't work! Been trying to resolve. Now it looks like we will fly in late on 2/14 and staying at a hotel near the airport. At least this means I can work that day and use one less vacation day. The issue is the return. We planned to come back on 2/23 but now can't until 2/24. I'm looking to stay at the Hilton in Galveston as it is pretty reasonable and would allow us to enjoy the area Saturday evening. Now I need to figure out transportation. This has been the worst part. So not fun.

Anyone have recommendations for a shuttle service? 2 adults / 2 kids?
We are staying at the Hilton Galveston Island on the 23rd and I still need to get transportation to the airport the next morning for us (2adults 2 kids). Which airport and when is your flight maybe we can book a shuttle bus together and split the cost. We are flying out of IAH at 11:25.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #666
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
Wow, where did you guys find this? I had this designed by Milliepie, it's what I'm using to make my FE gifts. Is it posted somewhere?

Last edited by dismom73; 01-11-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: dt
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #667
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73

Wow, where did you guys find this? I had this designed by Milliepie, it's what I'm using to make my FE gifts. Is it posted somewhere?
Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry! It's posted in her photobucket site. I was going through finding images that worked for our cruise and came across it. I never would have shared if I had thought one of our people made it for FE!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #668
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Sorry about that, I was just reposting a link from an earlier reply.

Here is a link to an older thread with some great info on making designs
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2430262
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #669
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
We are staying at the Hilton Galveston Island on the 23rd and I still need to get transportation to the airport the next morning for us (2adults 2 kids). Which airport and when is your flight maybe we can book a shuttle bus together and split the cost. We are flying out of IAH at 11:25.
Total bummer. We are flying out of Hobby. Too bad. That would have worked perfectly. I've called 6 different companies. The best I've found is $35 per person plus tip. We have 2 adults 2 kids too. Most have said that a regular town car is too small. We would need an SUV.

What are you planning to do in Galveston? When I called the Hilton they said their pool is heated. I'm my boys would love to swim and maybe even enjoy the beach but I've heard the weather is questionable. If the pool is heated they may go in regardless.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #670
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

No worries guys! I just was surprised to see it. I really don't think anyone will be making the same thing I am with it. Feel free to make magnets, I'm doing something you take home...
We got our second set of docs today. I just can't believe it's getting this close.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #671
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73
No worries guys! I just was surprised to see it. I really don't think anyone will be making the same thing I am with it. Feel free to make magnets, I'm doing something you take home...
We got our second set of docs today. I just can't believe it's getting this close.
Phew! I was feeling really guilty!

If no one else has asked Milliepie for designs, ill share a few others I found. Is there a way to upload a pic rather than posting a link?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #672
wdrl
DIS Veteran

A Word of Caution

Due to heavy fog in the Galveston Ship Channel, today's arrival of the Disney Magic has been delayed by a few hours. As of 9:00 AM, it was still not in port. The Disney website advises passengers arriving for the January 12, 2013 sailing that they delay their arrival at the port by 4 hours.

Marine traffic delays due to fog happen infrequently at the Houston and Galveston ship channels.

If you are interested, here is a link to the Port of Galveston cruise cam: http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/
Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #673
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
Total bummer. We are flying out of Hobby. Too bad. That would have worked perfectly. I've called 6 different companies. The best I've found is $35 per person plus tip. We have 2 adults 2 kids too. Most have said that a regular town car is too small. We would need an SUV.

What are you planning to do in Galveston? When I called the Hilton they said their pool is heated. I'm my boys would love to swim and maybe even enjoy the beach but I've heard the weather is questionable. If the pool is heated they may go in regardless.
Bummer we are going out of different airports. We will for sure be at the pool and probably the beach. My DH love to explore and I'm sure he will find something for us to see. Getting excited to set sail.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #674
tryin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Whoa. That is a feat I know we could never accomplish!

This sounds more like us. I also like having options. Also, I'm making all of DD's outfits (with the exception of formal night probably because she's got a fancy dress already that will work) and those will take up a lot of space. What can I say - the girl loves puffy and ruffly!

Can't believe we're getting so close!
In my defense, 1/5 is an infant, so not much space to take up there. I took a trip with several bags before and didn't use half of what I packed, so going to try to be much lighter. I will have a carry-on for the baby's supplies, so that doesn't count, right?

Each year, we would take a trip during the summer when I was a child. My mom managed to fit it all in one suitcase for 5. So, I have it in my genes to do it. Wish me luck! Maybe I'll have to take some progress pics.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #675
tryin
Mouseketeer

I have made a reservation for my family with a limo service. She will be using a SUV for us. Is there any place you know of to find reviews for car services? I saw the company praised on one website and that's why I called them, but would love some other recs.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: