Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #631
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Gina, we would love to do some trading later in the cruise, but we will not be ready that first afternoon. By the time I pick up DD from school (I'm signing her out at lunchtime) and drive down to Galveston, it will likely be 1 pm before we are on the ship. We'll be scrambling just to get to the 2 pm meet.

Gotcha! Hopefully you'll make it to the meet ok! There will be plenty of opportunities for trading later, and hopefully we'll see you and your daughter at the pin cart one evening.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #632
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
You can order the Rainforest Room 1 day pass by phone or fax. The form is under Stateroom Gifts or something like that, under your reservation on the DCL website. Here is the info you need to order:

To Order Please Call: 1-800-601-8455
Hours of Operation: M-F 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sa-Sun 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Or Fax This Form To: 1-407-938-4288

There's been conflicting info on whether you can get a one-day pass once on the ship. I didn't want to take any chances so I got mine ahead of time. But since I've already purchased mine, others will probably be able to buy them on the ship with no problem.
Awesome! Thanks!! We've been going back and forth. We used to do the length-of-stay passes but since we've had kids, that hasn't been practical. I'm not sure what we'll do now that the little one is old enough for the kids club. If she's like her sister, we'll only see her at bedtime which means plenty of time for the RFR!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #633
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Just ordered more pins for trading on the cruise!! Can't wait to see what we got. Usually we decide we need to keep half of them, but then DD will trade the others over and over again.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #634
Harrisdreamteam
Earning My Ears

Late to the game, not wanting to miss the boat!!

I checked here when we booked back in Oct and not much was going on. The holidays let it get away from me, but now that we have told the kids I have to get my act together. We would like to join the 4th FEE group. I am new to Disboards, so not sure how to get started. Help?
Harrisdreamteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #635
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

For those who asked about the fes and zip ties. We have always zip tied it.. usually your room steward will have scissors to cut it down.

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #636
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Alana (Harrisdreamteam) - Welcome back to the boards! It is easy to get busy at the holidays. I got you all set up for the FEE and emailed you to link for the document. Please let me know if you have trouble reaching it.

My kids were back to school today. I thought I would have lots of time to work on my FE gifts, but ended up picking up my house most of the day. Amazing what can happen to it when everyone is home and company is in town. YIKES! At least I am now organized again and plan to get busy tomorrow.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #637
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

Aulani is super fun - use your points (but if you don't I would love to rent some!)

So we actually own a 2br/2ba condo across the street from Aulani (in the golf course at the resort) and we spend a LOT of time in Hawaii! I love Aulani and we have stayed there but only for a night at a time (we get two full 'days' to play that way) since our place is literally a 5 minute walk away :-)

If you go I can give you all a bunch of tips!
Aloha
Betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Wow! So jealous! We own points there but haven't been able to go yet. We're waiting for the kids to get a bit older. :-)

That actually reminds me, though. On the years we cruise, I rent out my DVC points. I'm about to put them up for rent on the board and figured I'd let y'all know first. I like to rent to people I know (or at least have some connection with!) if I can. I have aulani points and Saratoga points but you can use them anywhere. PM me if anyone's interested in finding out ,ore!

Got the last items for my FEE gifts today. Going to start making them tomorrow. Weeeeeeeee!
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #638
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Decisions - Decisions

My flights just got moved and now they don't work! Been trying to resolve. Now it looks like we will fly in late on 2/14 and staying at a hotel near the airport. At least this means I can work that day and use one less vacation day. The issue is the return. We planned to come back on 2/23 but now can't until 2/24. I'm looking to stay at the Hilton in Galveston as it is pretty reasonable and would allow us to enjoy the area Saturday evening. Now I need to figure out transportation. This has been the worst part. So not fun.

Anyone have recommendations for a shuttle service? 2 adults / 2 kids?
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #639
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2010
So we actually own a 2br/2ba condo across the street from Aulani (in the golf course at the resort) and we spend a LOT of time in Hawaii! I love Aulani and we have stayed there but only for a night at a time (we get two full 'days' to play that way) since our place is literally a 5 minute walk away :-)

If you go I can give you all a bunch of tips!
Aloha
Betsy
Wow. That is so awesome! My husband actually went to college in Hawaii and lived there a bit when he was young (military brat) so he's always telling me how great it is. We just haven't ever been able to cough up the $$ for the flight. Plus, I have to admit that putting two young kids (ok, and me too) on a flight that long is not appealing. It will definitely happen soon, though!

We have a system where we take a Disney world/land vacation, then a cruise, then a "different" vacation, then a cruise, etc. this ensures the kids get plenty of Disney time, I get plenty of cruise time, and we still make sure we see other parts of the country (and world eventually). On the years we cruise, I rent our points because booking the cruise through DVC is too expensive. :-)

On a totally different note, I have discovered a new obsession - magnets! Thanks to Jeff's links, I have been looking at / saving pics all day. :-o So much for getting work done!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #640
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo2200 View Post
I couldn't find any pics of our previous doors so I put some of our old magnets on the fridge. I also got a pic of my dress. Lastly, looking through old cruise pics reminded me of a fun activity we did on two cruises. We had a pirate duckie with us and took pics of all the places he went.

LOVE the dress, and love the pirate duckie!! So cute!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #641
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

To ensure that you all totally understand how obsessed I've become with making magnets, I wanted to share one I found yesterday in case yall are more rational and haven't seen it yet. :-) Since we're all on the same sailing, you can use it too!

PW is DISfriends if you need it! :-)

I've actually created a schedule for myself today so that I make SURE I get some work done and don't spend more hours looking through magnet images!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #642
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Katie,

I am not sure why, but I can't see the graphic of the magnet. Once I get all 3 kids off to school, I should have 3 good hours to work on magnets and FE gifts today. So excited to see what everyone else is doing.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #643
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun
Hi Katie,

I am not sure why, but I can't see the graphic of the magnet. Once I get all 3 kids off to school, I should have 3 good hours to work on magnets and FE gifts today. So excited to see what everyone else is doing.
Well dang. Not sure what I did wrong. Let me try again:

S628.beta.photobucket.com/user/milliesky/media/All completed requests/Cruise/Magic/Magicallytransporteddclfeb15-23_zps4043e0ff.jpg.html?sort=6&o=1

Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #644
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
My flights just got moved and now they don't work! Been trying to resolve. Now it looks like we will fly in late on 2/14 and staying at a hotel near the airport. At least this means I can work that day and use one less vacation day. The issue is the return. We planned to come back on 2/23 but now can't until 2/24. I'm looking to stay at the Hilton in Galveston as it is pretty reasonable and would allow us to enjoy the area Saturday evening. Now I need to figure out transportation. This has been the worst part. So not fun.

Anyone have recommendations for a shuttle service? 2 adults / 2 kids?
Super shuttel has a private van, I think it was around $155 each way. They also have town car service, it says it's for up to 3 people, but I don't see why they can't do 2 adults and 2 kids, town cars seat 5 people. It's a little cheaper. We are using Action Limo, but there are 12 of us and we are getting the limo bus, I know they have smaller vehicles too. Try looking into them. With all of my calling around trying to find transportation for our large group, they were they most affordable, so they smaller cars might be to.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #645
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Well dang. Not sure what I did wrong. Let me try again:

S628.beta.photobucket.com/user/milliesky/media/All completed requests/Cruise/Magic/Magicallytransporteddclfeb15-23_zps4043e0ff.jpg.html?sort=6&o=1
That is fabulous! I've downloaded it and now need to go get some sticky magnet paper. thank you for sharing!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: