Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #586
Dishy24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiB View Post
Thank you so much to Beth and others who organized the FEE groups..We are so excited as this is our first Disney cruise. I 'm sure this is going to make it so much more fun!!
Yes... Thank you Beth for making all of this possible!

[QUOTE=the cute tropical windsock I found at Dollar Tree to put out on the balcony, -[/QUOTE]

I think I remember hearing on past cruises that you are not allowed to hang anything on your verandah because it is a possible fire hazard. (Although I have no idea how it would be a fire hazzard!) Anyway, you might want to call DCL & check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Since there's a $250 charge for any lost, damaged, or non-returned phones, I think we're all a little afraid our kids will drop them in the pool or something, lol.
Last April, one of out wave phones took a dip on Castaway Cay for a split second. I went to guest servoices & they told me that once it dries out, it will most likely work again. I guess it didn't because a $250 charge was on my next months credit card statement. Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Secondly - for those of you who've done Animator's Palate before - can you tell me a few characters seen in the drawings there? I'm trying to plan DD an outfit with a few of the characters on it... I did a google images search, but the same photos keep showing up and they're not really helpful... Looks like Sorcerer Mickey and Pinocchio? I'd like maybe 2 or 3 more, though...
I want to say that just about every character is in Anamator's Palate- I can picture them in my head.. Lady & the Tramp, Mickey, Alice... I don't think you can go wrong!

Oh, also from past experience- MOST people put their names on the FE gifts when they pass them out.

So excited for this cruise!!!
Feb 2005 Magic Eastern (cat 6), May 2006 Magic Western (cat 5),
May 2007 Magic Eastern (cat 4), Feb 2008 Magic Western (cat 5),
Apr 2010 14-Night Transatlantic Cruise(cat 5)
Feb 2011 Mexican Riviera- Wonder (cat 5)
June 2011 & July 2011 Disney Dream "BACK-2-BACK" cruises! (cat 4A)
April 2012 Disney Fantasy (cat 4B)
August 2012 8-Night to FL from NYC- Magic (cat 5A)
February 2013 -8 Nights from Galveston on the Magic (cat 5A)
April 2013 Western- Fantasy (cat 4B)
April 2014 Western- Fantasy(cat 4A)
April 2015 Western- Fantasy (cat 4A)
August 2015 ALASKA- Wonder(cat 5A)
LET'SGOMETS!!!
Dishy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #587
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

elmo2200 and Klove10381 - I would be happy to set up a 4th FEE group. Just PM me or email me ( beth@sitesandsounds.com ). The information needed is cabin number (if you have it or GTY), Dis Board name, Family last name, Adult Names, Kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-Shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

I will join in the 4th group too and it looks like a couple of other people might also be interested in joining an additional group to exchange with as well.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #588
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Our family would love to be in the 4th Fee group..Yea!! :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #589
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

So, I'm pretty sure the first 8 night cruise left Galveston today...here's hoping someone posts Navigators as soon as they get back!

Last edited by dismom73; 01-04-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: word
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #590
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by klove10381
Hi I just booked my first disney cruise and someone told me to come here and find a fish extenders. It looks like they are full? I really dont know what that means. My 2 boys are so excited. Any suggestion from experienced disney cruisers?
Welcome klove! There are a couple other first timers on here so you're definitely not alone. :-) I posted some general info on the first thread of this board to get you started. There's tons of info available on dis boards but it can be overwhelming so don't hesitate to ask if you have specific question.

It looks like they're starting a fourth fish extender exchange that you can join. If you're on Pinterest, Beth (Florida fun) has some great ideas (and by "some" I mean like a gazillion). The link is on this thread somewhere. :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #591
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun
Lets do a FEE check in to make sure everyone is still cruising now that the 3 groups are closed. Please post or email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to let me know that you are still in.

Thanks,
Beth
We're still in.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #592
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Ok, I need to get on disboards more. I haven't been on in a few days and can't believe all the posts I've missed. Truth be told I don't come on as often as I want because I end up getting sucked in and spend way too much time on here. :-)

Everyone in our family is getting excited and can't wait. It's nice to have something to look forward to. I need to get working on my FE gifts once the kids are back at school. To answer someone's question we always put our name on the gifts we give out (real name and disboards name). I like to know who gives what so we can thank them. We don't wrap them in wrapping paper but sometimes we "wrap" them in clear gift baggies if there is a lot of little stuff.

Finally booked our hotel for before and after the cruise. Now I just need to find reasonable transportation to and from IAH to the hotel in Galveston.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #593
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

oh, also got our stateroom assignment. Did other GTY get theirs? Was hoping they would upgrade us but we weren't. We are at the bottom of the boat (well, close to the bottom deck 2) which is better than not going at all.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #594
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Everyone that signed up has been confirmed for the FEE.

I also want to encourage FE participants to attend the meet and greet in the promenade lounge At 2:00. That way if there are any last minute room changes or upgrades we can announce it there. I will also put room changes in a magnetic holder on my door. They will be inside the holder and I will fold it over. That way others just walking by will not be able to see it, but those in the group could pull it out and check any changes. (Thank you Julie for the suggestions).

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013

Last edited by FloridaFun; 01-05-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #595
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Just had to get that out of my system!!! We have never booked a trip with so little time to prepare before. Thankfully I am sleeping because I have my computer set to cut me off at 1:30am! I will set out to design door magnets and start following rabbit trails.... Just booked the La Quinta Seawall West for the night before. Yesterday I logged on to my photobucket for the first time in ages and boy has my son grown since our last cruise. I can't wait for pic of the day!!!!
I weighed myself on Wii Fit so I have my weight loss goal and started eating low-carb. I am also trying apple cider vinegar tablets. When we DISers do something we go big! (actually - hopefully smaller in this case!) seriously, I really needed this push to clean up my diet. Have a Magical day!!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #596
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

A 4th FEE group is open!

So far I have:

Elmo2200, NickiB, and FloridaFun.

I know there were others out there, so please contact me with your information.

Cabin number (if you have it or GTY), Dis Board name, Family last name, Adult Names, Kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-Shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #597
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

we are definitely still in!

Hey All, we are still in! We are on vacation in Hawaii (Aulani) and haven't been checking in! See you all soon!
Betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Based on confirmations and posts both here and on the Facebook page, I have the following confirmed:

Gina
The Great Cornholeo
SunShineCruiser
Kimbo71
Florida Fun (2 cabins)
duck widow
Dawncala
DisMom73 (2 cabins)
KPetty725
Glorib
Snipsnsnails
dgmommie
FSU88
Castawaygirl
Tryin
Dishy24
Fatfish
Threeofhearts (all 3 cabins)
nickiB
sasbass
juliefsu
marblesphx
kreedham
bluenorthern
I Heart Mickey
BlueGreen
Dolores Rader
diannacarole

The only one that remains in question for me:

betsy2010

Please excuese me if you have been posting lately and I missed it, but please let me know if you are still cruising and doing the FEE

Thanks,
Beth

P.S. I will be putting who my gifts are from, don't plan to wrap them. My son is highly allergic to peanuts and since we can't get to a hospital for treatment while on board, we will also be staying away from anything that was processed in a factory with peanuts as well. He likes Oreo's, Wheat Thins, and Pizza Goldfish. He loves chocolate, but that would turn you all into label reading nuts as I typically have to look though a 100 items before I can even find one that he is able to eat.
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #598
FSU88
Mouseketeer

I've updated the last tab of the google FEE doc with the new info and the addition of a 4th FEE group.

Here is the updated cabin FEE graphic. Let me know if you see anything that needs to be changed.
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8...edeckplan2.jpg

Less than 6 weeks!!

Also - got my FE today, and I'm very happy with it!!
Jeff

Last edited by FSU88; 01-05-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Dis name error in graphic - fixed and updated link
FSU88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #599
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2010
Hey All, we are still in! We are on vacation in Hawaii (Aulani) and haven't been checking in! See you all soon!
Betsy
Wow! So jealous! We own points there but haven't been able to go yet. We're waiting for the kids to get a bit older. :-)

That actually reminds me, though. On the years we cruise, I rent out my DVC points. I'm about to put them up for rent on the board and figured I'd let y'all know first. I like to rent to people I know (or at least have some connection with!) if I can. I have aulani points and Saratoga points but you can use them anywhere. PM me if anyone's interested in finding out ,ore!

Got the last items for my FEE gifts today. Going to start making them tomorrow. Weeeeeeeee!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #600
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

Betsy - I'm so jealous!!!
We are in full planning mode!!Last night or rather this morning, I started designing door magnets. I have so many it is hard to decide which ones to print! I need extra doors! This afternoon I bought fabric to make my son a new pirate jacket. He can't wait to dress up for pirate night!!! One year I made us all elaborate pirate costumes for the cruise but he outgrew his. I may bring mine so he won't be alone if it fits in my luggage. Tonight I should take our old FE out of the closet and ponder staying old school or designing a new one.
Over the weekend our Dillards Outlet center had amazing prices so DD got 4 dresses and I got 3 dresses and 2 pair of shoes. The best part is that we can use them on the cruise and in "normal" life. I also got an Ariel t-shirt to wear to WDW.
BTW- near the beginning of the thread someone asked if it will be cold. We have cruised in February twice before and I do get cold especially at night on the upper decks. I will be dressing in layers and taking my full wetsuit because I'm OCD like that...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: