Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #571
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Of course I'm still in. I've already bought all my stuff and started making gifts today so I'm sure that I will deliver to everyone on our list anyway unless they have no FE, then some other people on the other lists might find some extra things in their FE LOL I might design some little slips of paper to include with our gifts, though we plan on delivering more than once. We have two things for each person and then something for just the kids for pirate day. So I'm not sure whether we will deliver twice plus pirate day or just both things at once plus pirate day.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #572
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I'm still in too! Although, I'm not included in the "never post" group . I ordered the stuff for the kids today...note to self, don't wait until last minute next time, not only is the time crunch stressful, but the amount spent on everything(kids and adults) at the last minute cuts into spending money.

As far as the questions, we've done the FEE a few times, I've never put who they were from, and I've delivered both wrapped and unwrapped. By wrapped I mean clear plastic bag so everything is all in one bag. I think you will see it done both ways....
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #573
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

We are definitely still in for the FE! Got most of the kids' gifts done and think I have a plan for the adults as well!

I have two questions - Beth - it looks like your son has a peanut allergy? If we were to do treats - what kind of stuff is OK? Obviously no peanut or PB products, but what about things that may have been processed on a plant that processes peanuts as well? I noticed even candy and such like Skittles say that anymore...

Secondly - for those of you who've done Animator's Palate before - can you tell me a few characters seen in the drawings there? I'm trying to plan DD an outfit with a few of the characters on it... I did a google images search, but the same photos keep showing up and they're not really helpful... Looks like Sorcerer Mickey and Pinocchio? I'd like maybe 2 or 3 more, though...

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #574
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib
Secondly - for those of you who've done Animator's Palate before - can you tell me a few characters seen in the drawings there? I'm trying to plan DD an outfit with a few of the characters on it... I did a google images search, but the same photos keep showing up and they're not really helpful... Looks like Sorcerer Mickey and Pinocchio? I'd like maybe 2 or 3 more, though...
I have a pic of samba and I remember Ariel as well. In my pic I see pretty much everyone in little drawings on the wall. Will try to scan tomorrow to show you what I mean.

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #575
the great cornholeo
Hooked!

I'm still in.

DM DH: : DS 10

Disney Magic 10/3/09
Disney Dream B2B 10/2/11 & 10/6/11
Disney Magic 2/15/13
the great cornholeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #576
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Have you stayed there before? The Galvez is so beautiful... she's called The Queen of the Gulf for good reason.
No we have never been to Texas before, actually that is wrong, my husband did travel alone to Houston for business about 15 years ago. I had never heard of the hotel before, I just searched sites like trip advisor and picked it. I may never be back to Texas, so I wanted to pick somewhere memorable or interesting to stay.

FloridaFun: We are still in for the FEE!
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #577
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Based on confirmations and posts both here and on the Facebook page, I have the following confirmed:

Gina
The Great Cornholeo
SunShineCruiser
Kimbo71
Florida Fun (2 cabins)
duck widow
Dawncala
DisMom73 (2 cabins)
KPetty725
Glorib
Snipsnsnails
dgmommie
FSU88
Castawaygirl
Tryin
Dishy24
Fatfish
Threeofhearts (all 3 cabins)
nickiB
sasbass
juliefsu
marblesphx
kreedham
bluenorthern
I Heart Mickey
BlueGreen
Dolores Rader
diannacarole
betsy2010

Everyone that signed up has confirmed that they are still in for the FEE.

Please excuese me if you have been posting lately and I missed it, but please let me know if you are still cruising and doing the FEE

Thanks,
Beth

P.S. I will be putting who my gifts are from, don't plan to wrap them. My son is highly allergic to peanuts and since we can't get to a hospital for treatment while on board, we will also be staying away from anything that was processed in a factory with peanuts as well. He likes Oreo's, Wheat Thins, and Pizza Goldfish. He loves chocolate, but that would turn you all into label reading nuts as I typically have to look though a 100 items before I can even find one that he is able to eat.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013

Last edited by FloridaFun; 01-05-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Betsy2010 confirmed they are still cruising
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #578
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post

P.S. I will be putting who my gifts are from, don't plan to wrap them. My son is highly allergic to peanuts and since we can't get to a hospital for treatment while on board, we will also be staying away from anything that was processed in a factory with peanuts as well. He likes Oreo's, Wheat Thins, and Pizza Goldfish. He loves chocolate, but that would turn you all into label reading nuts as I typically have to look though a 100 items before I can even find one that he is able to eat.
Thanks for the info! I'm a pediatric RN, so I am all too familiar with life-threatening allergies. Luckily, neither of my own kids have allergies, but I certainly understand your caution!

Not sure if we were going to include treats with our gifts, but wanted to double check just in case!

Oh, and for what it's worth, I was planning on putting "From the Thompson family" or something on our FE gifts, possibly "wrapping" in cellophane bags tied with ribbon or something...

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #579
nickiB
Earning My Ears

We are still in..but we just joined.. Having so much fun with the FE and gifts..So glad we found this info before it was too late.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #580
duck_widow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I definitely have never wrapped ours, but usually do put our names on there somewhere. I know that I like to know who the gifts were from when I get them! But I'm sure others might have a different preference.

I have an FEE question myself... there are an awful lot of people on the spreadsheet who *never* post -- Are these people still even on our cruise?
I'm still here reading along. I had to contain myself until Christmas when we told the kids. It wasn't the crazy freak out I hoped for. It took them a while to process it all. Once I popped in the cruise planning DVD they got really excited.

I've PM'd a few people. I have a 12 year old DD who would like to make new friends before the cruise. If you have a DD close in age who'd like to chat, please PM me. I know she's already having fun chatting with NickiB's DD.

I've been thinking of what to do for a FE. I'll probably do something very easy like using oven mitts or attaching tote bags together. I have a few ideas for FE gifts too. Need to finalize it and get working on those....and figure out door decorations too.

Time has flown. I can't believe how close we are to the cruise. Wow. I'm going to Disneyland too in a couple of weeks, for a trip I planned with a friend almost a year ago way before I booked the cruise. So much Disney to do.
duck_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #581
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Hi Beth, thanks again for all your time organizing the FE! Just a thought...it might be helpful if you change the color of the text for the short list of people you are looking for confirmation from, it would make their disnames jump out at them in case they aren't reading through all the texts. Just an idea.

I've got the item I'm giving to the kids ordered, took me a while yesterday going back and forth getting the design just right, but that's all done. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive and assemble them. I plan on working on the the stuff for adults this weekend. January is going to be very busy with Cheer compititions and we have to travel to Las Vegas for nationals, so I need to get a handle on FE gifts while I can.
Anyone else starting to feel like we are running out of time? I'm always super excited for our cruises, until the last few weeks and then the stress of getting a family of 5 ready to go and still doing our day to day things starts to get to me.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #582
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73
January is going to be very busy with Cheer compititions and we have to travel to Las Vegas for nationals, so I need to get a handle on FE gifts while I can.
Anyone else starting to feel like we are running out of time? I'm always super excited for our cruises, until the last few weeks and then the stress of getting a family of 5 ready to go and still doing our day to day things starts to get to me.
Omg, it's like you're reading my mind! I had plans to get all my FE stuff done over break but then the little one got sick and time just disappeared. Hoping to use this weekend to finalize my ideas and buy materials. *fingers crossed*

My DD6 is in cheer too but just a school squad. They've got a lot of performances coming up, though, so my weekends are pretty much gone until we sail. Yikes!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #583
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Lets do a FEE check in to make sure everyone is still cruising now that the 3 groups are closed. Please post or email me at beth@sitesandsounds.com to let me know that you are still in.

Thanks,
Beth
We're still in!

We are GTY still. Its my understanding we will not have our cabin numbers until about 2 weeks out, although it could be later. I'll let you know when I know.

Thanks!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #584
klove10381
Earning My Ears

new, behind and confused

Hi I just booked my first disney cruise and someone told me to come here and find a fish extenders. It looks like they are full? I really dont know what that means. My 2 boys are so excited. Any suggestion from experienced disney cruisers?
klove10381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #585
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Welcome! We have 3 FE groups that have already closed to adding more people so that we have time to work on our FE gifts. It's difficult if there are continually more people being added as you don't know how much to buy. There was at least one other person interested in possibly starting a 4th group. Beth (FloridaFun) has been organizing the FE exchanges. So I'm sure a 4th could be started for latecomers.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: