Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #511
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Ok, the cruise definitely seems so much closer from this side of Christmas. I had great plans of getting my FEE gifts done over break but with four days left, it doesn't look like that is going to happen! There's still time, right? :-o

I've broken down everyone by age/gender so the little kids are getting something different than the big kids and the girls something different than the boys. I'm still struggling to come up with something for the dads that they'll actually like!

I was wondering, do you wrap the gifts? What about gift tags? Is it all a surprise or do we say who they're from when we deliver them?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #512
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Thanks! i just joined.
you're welcome.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #513
Dishy24
Mouseketeer

We have a FB group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
How did I not know this? I just requested to join the group.

I have been a slacker & just looked today for the 1st time in a while for airfare. There is NOTHING leaving on the 23rd that works for our return trip! We may have to stay until Sunday. Anybody else flying home into the NY area on Saturday? If so, what airline/ flight are you on?

My son & I were in the same room on the Magic the last week of August out of NYC. We had the BEST stateroom hostess, I hope she is still in that area! 47 Days... I can't wait!
Feb 2005 Magic Eastern (cat 6), May 2006 Magic Western (cat 5),
May 2007 Magic Eastern (cat 4), Feb 2008 Magic Western (cat 5),
Apr 2010 14-Night Transatlantic Cruise(cat 5)
Feb 2011 Mexican Riviera- Wonder (cat 5)
June 2011 & July 2011 Disney Dream "BACK-2-BACK" cruises! (cat 4A)
April 2012 Disney Fantasy (cat 4B)
August 2012 8-Night to FL from NYC- Magic (cat 5A)
February 2013 -8 Nights from Galveston on the Magic (cat 5A)
April 2013 Western- Fantasy (cat 4B)
April 2014 Western- Fantasy(cat 4A)
April 2015 Western- Fantasy (cat 4A)
August 2015 ALASKA- Wonder(cat 5A)
LET'SGOMETS!!!
Dishy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #514
fatfish
DIS Veteran

just a warning, y'all, that our Fish Extenders might look a little out of place, (that's the Extenders themselves, not the stuff that goes in them.) I made them for our Christmas cruise last year, so they are very Christmas-y. I'm not going to make new ones, but I may add some hearts or something to maybe make them look a little Valentine-y, since we leave the day after Valentines. So if you come across a cabin that looks like its in the wrong season, that's us!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #515
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm Nicki and cruising this cruise with DH and DD, 13 & DS, 10....We are psyched as this is our first Disney cruise! We would love to join in on the FEE Group. Can anyone direct me to any links and let me know what I need to do to join? Thank you and we're super excited to Cruise with Disney and you all!!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #516
sasbass
Earning My Ears

This is our first Disney cruise. I am traveling with my DH, DS who is 9, and DD who is 3. We would love to join a FE group if it isn't too late!? Looking forward to cruising!
sasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #517
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiB View Post
Hi, I'm Nicki and cruising this cruise with DH and DD, 13 & DS, 10....We are psyched as this is our first Disney cruise! We would love to join in on the FEE Group. Can anyone direct me to any links and let me know what I need to do to join? Thank you and we're super excited to Cruise with Disney and you all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasbass View Post
This is our first Disney cruise. I am traveling with my DH, DS who is 9, and DD who is 3. We would love to join a FE group if it isn't too late!? Looking forward to cruising!
Welcome to the cruise!!

More first time DCL cruisers, just like us. FloridaFun has been gracious enough to organize a FEE. There are 3 groups and we are filling up the 3rd group now.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=479

After confirming your info to Beth(FloridaFun), she will give you a link to the google doc with all the info. It will list all the groups and who will be in our 3rd group. Please get your info to her ASAP.

Take some time and scan some of the old posts here, especially the OP. I will also see if I can post some other thread links.
OP http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=1
Quick FEE explanation, if needed http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=390

Alright - how do you rename a link? I could not figure it out

Beth - I say we call this the end to the FEE sign up. With nickiB and sasbass wanting to join, and also 3ofhearts also showing interest, each group is about the same size now. Also, if you want to copy me on the info they provide, I can update the google doc for you. I'm a spreadsheet nerd and like doing that sort of stuff.

Jeff

Last edited by FSU88; 12-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.
FSU88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #518
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasbass
Yay! Another little one! I've got a DD3 as well. Maybe we can set up a play date at the Mickey pool. I don't think mine will actually play with other kids in the Kid's club. She's just turning 3 in January so she's still in the "play by myself" phase.

My husband is getting into the FEE's now that he sees me working on them. He's thinking more creatively than me so there's hope for us yet! Ordered our FE from etsy today. So excited!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #519
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Hi! I contacted Beth...now we are going to start planning our gifts...sooooo excited!! ;-)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #520
tryin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasbass View Post
Welcome! This is also my family's first cruise. I have a DD9 and a DD3. I agree that we should do a playgroup at the pool for the DD3s.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #521
tryin
Mouseketeer

dp
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #522
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone –
Have not been on here in a couple of days and tons of catching up for me to do!

Jeff- What design did you pick for your FE on Etsy? I am even getting excited to see what everyone has for a FE for my to put my gifts into. Your gifts are looking great. I am totally looking forward to having our doors covered in magnets. If you have not printed out our door hanger, just wanted to let you know it is Haworth.

Andrea – You are so far ahead of me in the planning. I keep thinking I will get to the store to perhaps get a couple of new outfits, but I have not made it past the thinking stage. My guess is that my kids will be in the club during formal night anyway, so I am not too worried about them.

Lori – Sew and have an embroidery machine… I so wish you were my neighbor. What kind of embroidery machine do you have? I have been wanting to buy one, but have no experience at all with them. I went to Joann’s 2 days ago and the lady working there seemed to know nothing about them either. She could hardly get the graphic onto a thumb drive from the computer and then couldn’t get it to work on the machine. That scared me as I thought if she can’t make the machine work and is the sales lady, will I just get it home and have an expensive paper weight.

Dorothy - Looking forward to seeing your FE. Should make it easy for me to remember that your gifts go there.

FEE – Sounds like a good plan to me too Jeff to close the 3rd group. If there is anyone else out there that has been lurking and not joined and would be heartbroken not to do the FEE, please email me by the end of tomorrow. I have added nickiB, sasbass, and threeofhearts to group 3 and sent all of them link back in an email. Jeff, if you could add them to the spreadsheet you set up and the cabin location graphic, I would be forever thankful. You can not begin to imagine how helpful your FEE by Cabin list has been to me. I had been taping and folding all the lists together and now have one list that is just perfect for me. Thank you!

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #523
nickiB
Earning My Ears

Ok..I am new on here. Very excited about everything. We are planning our FEE gifts & wondering if anyone can help me. Are there any basic guidelines, rules, minimum/max pricewise etc. That we need to know. Can't wait to meet y'all. Also are any of the kids(tween/teens hooked up to chat online amongst themselves?
Thanks!! Nicki
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #524
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Hi Everyone –

Jeff- What design did you pick for your FE on Etsy? I am even getting excited to see what everyone has for a FE for my to put my gifts into. Your gifts are looking great. I am totally looking forward to having our doors covered in magnets. If you have not printed out our door hanger, just wanted to let you know it is Haworth.

FEE – Sounds like a good plan to me too Jeff to close the 3rd group. If there is anyone else out there that has been lurking and not joined and would be heartbroken not to do the FEE, please email me by the end of tomorrow. I have added nickiB, sasbass, and threeofhearts to group 3 and sent all of them link back in an email. Jeff, if you could add them to the spreadsheet you set up and the cabin location graphic, I would be forever thankful. You can not begin to imagine how helpful your FEE by Cabin list has been to me. I had been taping and folding all the lists together and now have one list that is just perfect for me. Thank you!
I ordered a pirate themed FE from Bullfrogs and Butterflies Boutique on Etsy. I should have it in a week or so. Here is the example of it.

Sorry about your last name, I must have transposed a couple of letters when making the new sheet. I've corrected it on my end now too.

I will get the graphic and the last tab on the spreadsheet updated tonight. I put down about 500 sq ft of laminate flooring in our basement today and I'm ready for a break. Doing those will be get me back into a vacation mood.

FEE graphic updated
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8858/ffedeckplan2.jpg
Google Doc last tab updated also
Jeff

Last edited by FSU88; 12-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.
FSU88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #525
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiB View Post
Ok..I am new on here. Very excited about everything. We are planning our FEE gifts & wondering if anyone can help me. Are there any basic guidelines, rules, minimum/max pricewise etc. That we need to know. Can't wait to meet y'all. Also are any of the kids(tween/teens hooked up to chat online amongst themselves?
Thanks!! Nicki
Rule #1 - Have fun with it.
Rule #2 - see Rule #1

No guidelines - do whatever you are comfortable with. Hand made or store bought, or a combo of both, it's up to you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: