Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #481
tryin
Mouseketeer

What are you packing clothing-wise? I have no idea what to bring for February. I'm in AZ, so it's mostly hot all year. Should I bring some long sleeved (but light weight) tops and long bottoms? I know I'm bringing some sweaters for the girls and a jacket for myself (I hate to be cold!).
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #482
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Wow! Can't Believe We've Kept it a Secret For So Long!!!!!

Telling the kids tomorrow morning!!!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #483
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
Telling the kids tomorrow morning!!!
WooHoo! Excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
We're waiting till the bitter end and it is absolute torture!

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #484
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
What are you packing clothing-wise? I have no idea what to bring for February. I'm in AZ, so it's mostly hot all year. Should I bring some long sleeved (but light weight) tops and long bottoms? I know I'm bringing some sweaters for the girls and a jacket for myself (I hate to be cold!).
We've cruised in February a few times before. It's typically warm (if you're from Arizona, hot if you're from up north! lol!), in the mid-70s to 80s. Sometimes you'll get "winter" storms that make the evenings/early mornings chilly. It was downright cold on CC one time we were there...like in the 60s (with the wind from the water, we were shivering) but it warmed up in the afternoon.

We're packing mostly shorts/t-shirts with a pair of jeans or two and one light sweatshirt for each of us for the pirate night party. Otherwise, flip flops and swimsuits!!

I also have a question about clothes. I'm thinking we're going to change our anniversary dinner and do the Palo brunch instead. My husband HATES dinner at Palo and was only doing it for me. I checked out the brunch menu (after hearing all of you talk about it ) and it looks more to his liking. I'm not sure what to wear, though. It's brunch so I'm thinking not as formal as dinner but can we get away with jeans or do we need to go dressier? We're NOT dress-up people (ha, that came out funny!) so the lowest-level of dressing up we can get away with, we will! Anyone care to share what they've seen others wear to the brunch (and whether there was muttering or staring involved at said wearers)? Would prefer not to be the fodder for cruise gossipers!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #485
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

So excited for those of you doing Christmas surprises for their cruises... Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see your families' reactions!!

Re: Clothes -- It might be cool when we leave Galveston, you just never know here what the weather is going to be doing, but by the next day it has warmed up nicely. You know, I say that... but I'm also used to heading due South at that point. Since we'll be heading towards Florida, now I'm not sure... But, when we've done Western Caribbean itineraries in February before, it has still been quite warm.

And that being said, we were at CC one time when it was misty and cold and I about froze to death, lol. So... I guess we'll just have to watch the weather...

But generally, I bring shorts and tops, capris and nicer shirts for regular dinners, formal wear, and that's about it. I'm always hot, so I never bring a sweater or anything -- but I know a lot of people get cold in the dining rooms and theater.

As for Palo brunch, definitely no jeans. But most men just wear khakis and a polo shirt, something like that. Some will wear a sport coat. Women tend to wear sundresses, nicer capris, that sort of thing. Generally what you'd wear to non-formal dinner in the regular dining room would be perfect for Palo brunch.

I guess I'd better go wrap a present or twelve... or Christmas isn't going to be very festive, lol. Only 23 more minutes until the Texans game starts, so I'd better hurry!

GO TEXANS!!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #486
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

We will pack mostly short sleeves, shorts, capris, but will have some jeans and sweatshirts or light jackets too. It could be very warm the whole time but I've been to WDW in Dec when it's been downright freezing as in we had the kids in long sleeves, sweatshirts, jackets, and we bought them blankets in MK. So it's possible that you might need jeans for our WDW day, especially if you are going early and/or staying late. I always bring a cardigan sweater for dinner because I find it to be chilly sometimes in the MDRs.

They boys received Mickey fleeces and I received a DCL zip up hoodie yesterday from my parents. So we will be taking those.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #487
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Match your mate is a lot of fun to watch too!
My husband and I played in that one of our cruises. He gave a memorable answer that labeled us as "couple #2" for the rest of the cruise by all who were at the show that evening.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #488
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I'm so glad there are other people who just never went there and didn't know they had all these yummies! And I always would sit right outside Cove Cafe in the smoking area, and never went in... Oh well, at least we know now!!
This will be my sixth Disney cruise, and I didn't know either. Thanks!
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #489
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmommie View Post
My husband and I played in that one of our cruises. He gave a memorable answer that labeled us as "couple #2" for the rest of the cruise by all who were at the show that evening.

Okay, now you know dang well you can't say something like that without telling us the full story... LOL... C'mon, spill! Entertain those of us stuck at work today...

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #490
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Told the kids this morning!!!

They were SOOOO excited!!!

Now, DD (11) is reasy to "meet" some friends! PM me for her info!

ETA: Here's the link on YOUTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A4_...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Kimbo71; 12-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #491
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

That had to be so exciting, Kim! I can’t wait to hear how everyone else’s surprise goes for their kids.

Come on dgmommie (couple #2) – I am also waiting to hear the story. We had someone on our Disney cruise that was labeled “Hi Ho” from the very first night. It was beyond funny!

Merry Christmas to everyone! I have already heard the reindeer on my roof and Santa downstairs, so my DH and I are all ready for the sugar plums to be dancing in our heads.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #492
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas...I am now ready to go into full swing cruise mode, ok after I hit the sales today.

Kim, I love the youtube video!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #493
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Kids Surprise!

Here's a link to our Christmas surprise - I couldn't figure out how to edit it down to just the end - so it's a little long! If you skip to about 5:30, it's them trying to figure it out, then going to the last clue where it's revealed...

Kids Christmas Surprise

It's funny because my son was the one I was worried might be disappointed (because we usually go overboard for Christmas, but didn't this year due to the cruise being their "big" gift - and it was my daughter who didn't have much of a reaction - and she's usually ALL about drama and reaction! LOL! I think she just really was still a little confused! They're both very excited now and have been asking all kinds of questions!

- Lori -
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #494
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

FEE Help!

OK, I tested out one of my ideas for the FEE gift today. Are we sharing what we're making? I have a question about it - this idea is one I had for the kids, but I'm unsure about what to do exactly - I think kids about 10-12 and under would enjoy this, but not sure about older kids. Also, this is something that I was going to do for "the cabin" for the kids - does that make sense? As in, not for each individual child.

So my question is - should I do something entirely different for the older kids? And what about those cabins that have maybe an older and younger kids? Is it weird to have something different for different ages? Or should I re-think everything and figure out something something that would appeal to all ages?

I know that was long and rambly, but if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it! I'm starting to stress about these gifts! I want everyone to enjoy what we give them!

- Lori -
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #495
threeofhearts
Earning My Ears

Fish extenders

Hi Beth,

My family just booked our 1st disney cruise out of Galveston on 2/15. We would love to join in on the FEE. Are you the correct contact person? We are hoping there is room in the group. There are 3 families (7 kids) total. Can you please send me the information.

Thank you!

Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Count is in too! We just finished the reservations this morning. We have all boys. 2 are close to the ages of DisMom73's kids as my older ones are 12 and 10 and my youngest is close to KPetty725's kids as he is 5.

To join in the onboard birthday celebrations, we have my husband's on the 17th on one of our sea days.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and metting all of you on the 15th of February.

Beth
threeofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: