Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #451
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun
Hi Veronica (Marblesphx),
Just email me your information to beth@sitesandsounds.com

Cabin number, DIS Name, Family last name, adult names, kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Thanks,
Beth
Beth thanks for organizing FE. I just mentioned in another reply that we ate GTY so once we have our room number I will let you know. Also do we have a plan to update room numbers if anyone changes rooms? My last cruise we made announcement for any changes at the meet and greet right after the safety drill. Just wanted to throw that out there.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #452
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies.

Can't wait to meet all y'all in 59 days!
Our oldest DD is 11. She'll be happy to make some new friends! Is your DD going to be in Edge or in the Oceaneeers Lab/Club?

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #453
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
We are now officially on this cruise! We had booked it, but I didn't have the cash come pif day. But today I saw *GT rates, and we are booked, paid, and ready to go!!

And its my birthday on this cruise! Feb 19, the day we go to WDW. I want to dance with Mickey and Goofy!!

Gina, I'm up for trivia. Just let me know where to go and when.

Yay!! So happy it all worked out for you! That is so incredibly awesome that your birthday is the one day we'll be at WDW... Sounds like kismet to me!
And yay that you're in for trivia! We are going to have one unstoppable DIS team ready.

Tyler Dean (DS) tried on his tux last night -- thank the heavens it still fits!! The jacket is semi-snug, but will be fine unless he tries to Hulk out in it or something, lol. All he has to do is stand there for pictures and make it into the dining room with it on, then he can take it off and put it on the back of his chair. I had gotten him a brand new really cool brocade vest & bowtie for our cruise earlier this year, so he's all set. Even found some *awesome* shiny silver Mickey cufflinks.

It dawned on me last night that in just a few weeks it'll be time for me to start tanning, so I don't scare little children with my glowing-white self, lol. The cruise is going to be here so soon!!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #454
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies.
We have a DD that is 11 (Julia). She'd love to chat via email before the cruise if your daughter is interested. PM for the email!

Steph
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #455
Tass
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what's going on with Disney ground transfers to/from Hobby? We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #456
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
We are GTY too. I don't know why. Guess that is the way our travel agent did it this time. We have never been GTY before so I'm not familiar with the process. Do you know when they give us our room assignments? Once we have our assignment I'll update the FE info.
You may get your cabin number before us. A GTY is a step above a *GT. You chose a category, but DCL didn't know at the time what rooms were available. We booked a last-minute "just put us on the ship" deal. We could be in any Oceanview anywhere on the ship. You are also more likely to be upgraded. But you should know something any time between now and about 10 days before the ship sails. Keep checking your reservation online.

58 days to go!!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #457
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
Our oldest DD is 11. She'll be happy to make some new friends! Is your DD going to be in Edge or in the Oceaneeers Lab/Club?
Don't know yet if she will be in Edge or Lab. She was kind of bored in the Lab last year. And the Edge has that cool mock Bridge for the kids to "sail" the ship, so she will probably be in the Edge, but I'm checking out both before I make a final decision. Which will your DD be in?

PM me with your email and we can get the girls chatting before the cruise. But not until after Christmas. DD does not know we are going on the cruise yet. I've scheduled a call from Mickey on Christmas morning to tell her.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #458
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Anyone know what's going on with Disney ground transfers to/from Hobby? We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?
Never mind . . . DCL told DH it was a computer glitch. We are again scheduled to use Disney transfers
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #459
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't know yet if she will be in Edge or Lab. She was kind of bored in the Lab last year. And the Edge has that cool mock Bridge for the kids to "sail" the ship, so she will probably be in the Edge, but I'm checking out both before I make a final decision. Which will your DD be in?

PM me with your email and we can get the girls chatting before the cruise. But not until after Christmas. DD does not know we are going on the cruise yet. I've scheduled a call from Mickey on Christmas morning to tell her.
Sounds good to me! Our kids don't know yet, either. Christmas Eve Morning, they are doing a treasure hunt w/ the Magic model as the "treasure!"

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #460
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Smile

I just love how busy this board is!

My daughter is 10 and is emailing with another 10 year old from the board, and loving it, but she would also love to email with any of the 11 year olds (there seems to be a few). If anyone wants - just PM me for her email. She knows that they might not be in her club, but she doesn't care - the more friends the better right?

I have no idea what I am going to do for the FE exchange yet. I am the least creative person on earth, but eventually I am going to have to come up with something. I'm hoping the inspiration hits as soon as Christmas is over.
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #461
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I was thinking the same thing too, Julie. At the first meet we can get cabin numbers if there is anyone that did not get them assigned until check in or if anyone has a cabin switch at checkin.

I will also put my cell phone number on the FEE sheet and if anyone does not make that first meet they can text me any changes in their cabin assignement.

My FEE gifts are going well, but I had to pick them all up today since my brother is arriving. Somehow my DH thought it shouldn't look like a bomb went off in our house. We finally got our basement all completed yesterday from our remodel. Now I just have to get my craft room put back together down there and I might even be able to sneak in a little work time on my FEE gifts over the holidays.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #462
FSU88
Mouseketeer

FEE Spreadsheet

I just added a 4th tab to the FEE list. I was trying to compile all the particiapnts in one list. I was getting all the kids names down for what I'm making and a list like that was easier for me to refer back to. Most of my items are graphics and printouts, magnetic door tags and such.
Making door DND signs and such
Ours - need to cut out and laminate

That is about the extent of what I can do that's "handmade"
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #463
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

I'll just apologize now if my FEE gifts aren't as super-impressive as some that I've seen on other threads... I wish that they were, but it is what it is, lol. I do have one little part taken care of, and an idea for another, and will feel better if I can come up with one more.

Hey, don't know why I didn't ask this before, but is anyone else into pin trading and bringing their pins?? DS and I both love it, and can't wait to trade on the ship again! One time, I think Tyler Dean was like 10 or 11, he was chosen to trade with the officers on that one night when they do that, and it was a highlight of all our cruises combined for him. He got to stand up there with the other officers and trade with guests, and they gave him a Magical Moments certificate afterward. He still talks about it. It was one of those things that only happens on Disney, and makes the higher cost worth every penny, you know?

Anyways, we'll be bringing both our trading lanyards and our pin portfolios, and hope to meet up with some other pin nuts!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #464
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
I just added a 4th tab to the FEE list. I was trying to compile all the particiapnts in one list. I was getting all the kids names down for what I'm making and a list like that was easier for me to refer back to. Most of my items are graphics and printouts, magnetic door tags and such.
Making door DND signs and such
Ours - need to cut out and laminate

That is about the extent of what I can do that's "handmade"
Cheers,
Jeff
Looks beautifully handmade to me! I typically find stuff on Pinterest and copy. My copies come out semi-close to the things I copy from so I call that good. I love being crafty but the execution eludes me. Ah well, it's the thought that counts, right?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #465
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Looking real good there, Jeff.

I agree with Katie. It is the fun of participating, not what you get or give. Just the enjoyment of being in something bigger than just your own little world. In this case, it is being in the “Disney World”

Gina, we also like to trade pins and I know that some others over on the facebook page also shared that they enjoy pin trading. My boys and I will all have ours to trade. I Have ever heard of the trading with the ship officers, but that sure sounds like a magical moment. My son, Christopher, was picked to drive the “remote controlled Car” at Lights, Motors, Action! last summer and he was in heaven.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: