Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #436
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Ok, now I'm intrigued. I'm about to go search Magic Quest on YouTube!

We've never actually participated in any of the games because we were almost always sailing as WDW CMs so we couldn't. Since we've cruised with little ones the last two times, late night events were out. Maybe this year will be our year. :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #437
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

like others have said we are up for meeting up but don't want to commit. Last cruise we did a martini tasting class which was so much fun. Hope they have it again. That would be a fun meet up (i realize not everyone drinks). Cove cafe is a great place to meet one morning. Or if there are any runners I'm always out for a run around deck 3 or 4 (I can't remember which deck is for running around)
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #438
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Glad that it sounds like we can count you in for the Magic Quest team, Jeff. I have to imagine that some of those people have cruised before and actually come a little prepared for all the fun.

Gina – I’m decent at geography and since I know nothing about pop culture, you and I would make a good trivia team. Now we just need a history buff.

I hope you will be able to join in some of the adult games this cruise Katie. That is the one thing that my husband and I both love about cruising. With active boys we don’t get that much alone time in our daily lives and this gives us a chance to really enjoy being a couple.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #439
marblesphx
Earning My Ears

Fe

We want to participate with the FE's but bc I'm new to the forum I cannot pm FloridaFun.

Can we participate?

Thanks!
Veronica
marblesphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #440
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblesphx View Post
We want to participate with the FE's but bc I'm new to the forum I cannot pm FloridaFun.

Can we participate?

Thanks!
Veronica
Welcome!

FLorida Fun will add you-she's keeping the last FE group open for a while yet.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #441
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hi Veronica (Marblesphx),
Just email me your information to beth@sitesandsounds.com

Cabin number, DIS Name, Family last name, adult names, kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #442
Ichiban
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Went and played trivia last night to practice my l33t trivia skillz and won a few games, but I'm hoping some of you out there are less brain-dead than I am when it comes to geography and history. UGH. Give me pop culture questions, and I'm happy.

Gina, I like to think I am good at most trivia (except sports) so count me in for that!

I am also interested in any of the alcohol tastings except beer. I have to look into the Magic Quest a little bit more before I make a decision about that. But my curiosity is certainly piqued!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #443
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
Gina, I like to think I am good at most trivia (except sports) so count me in for that!

Woo hoo!! So glad there are more of you who like trivia... We're going to have ourselves a real team! This is going to be so much fun.

I think that's a huge part of what I love about cruising... not only am I not on dry land -- which makes me unspeakably happy right there -- but it's like summer camp for grownups. I could spend a month onboard and be thrilled.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #444
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Gina - your comment about it being "summer camp" for grown ups has me dying!!! Maybe that's why I love cruising so much! I never got to go to camp as a kid!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #445
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
like others have said we are up for meeting up but don't want to commit. Last cruise we did a martini tasting class which was so much fun. Hope they have it again. That would be a fun meet up (i realize not everyone drinks). Cove cafe is a great place to meet one morning. Or if there are any runners I'm always out for a run around deck 3 or 4 (I can't remember which deck is for running around)
Julie, My SIL and I met in Cove Cafe every morning on our last cruise. It was such a nice atmosphere to have a good cup of coffee. Pretty sure we will be keeping the same routine this time...as far as the running, I will wave to you every lap you run by.

We played Magic quest on one of our cruises and had a blast...it was so much fun. Match your mate is a lot of fun to watch too!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #446
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Hi all,

Does anyone who's attended a "tasting" know if a non-drinker can just come and keep an attendee company? I can't drink (migraines) but DH loves martinis, beer, wine, etc. and I'm sure he'd love to attend, but he doesn't want to ditch me. I'd be happy to hang out and chat, but I don't want to have to pay and DH can't drink double. (well, he could I suppose, but it might not be pretty)
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #447
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
The ship map with all the FEE rooms labeled is fantastic! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #448
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Smile

We are now officially on this cruise! We had booked it, but I didn't have the cash come pif day. But today I saw *GT rates, and we are booked, paid, and ready to go!!

And its my birthday on this cruise! Feb 19, the day we go to WDW. I want to dance with Mickey and Goofy!!

Gina, I'm up for trivia. Just let me know where to go and when.

Beth, we'd like to be a part of the FEE, but we have a GTY cabin. Can we still participate? We did FEEs on our last cruise, and it was so much fun! I'll pm you with our details.

Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies.

Can't wait to meet all y'all in 59 days!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #449
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala
Hi all,

Does anyone who's attended a "tasting" know if a non-drinker can just come and keep an attendee company? I can't drink (migraines) but DH loves martinis, beer, wine, etc. and I'm sure he'd love to attend, but he doesn't want to ditch me. I'd be happy to hang out and chat, but I don't want to have to pay and DH can't drink double. (well, he could I suppose, but it might not be pretty)
The ones I have been to there has always been one or two non drinkers at the tastings so I'm pretty sure it's ok. Don't know that for a fact but I know it's been allowed in the past.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #450
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish
We are now officially on this cruise! We had booked it, but I didn't have the cash come pif day. But today I saw *GT rates, and we are booked, paid, and ready to go!!

And its my birthday on this cruise! Feb 19, the day we go to WDW. I want to dance with Mickey and Goofy!!

Gina, I'm up for trivia. Just let me know where to go and when.

Beth, we'd like to be a part of the FEE, but we have a GTY cabin. Can we still participate? We did FEEs on our last cruise, and it was so much fun! I'll pm you with our details.

Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies.

Can't wait to meet all y'all in 59 days!
We are GTY too. I don't know why. Guess that is the way our travel agent did it this time. We have never been GTY before so I'm not familiar with the process. Do you know when they give us our room assignments? Once we have our assignment I'll update the FE info.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: