Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #421
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Wine tasting and bingo sound good to me, and my husband would likely say beer tasting too. What is Magic Quest?

As far as Big Thunder Mountain being closed goes, I realize now that I was reading about Disneyland.
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #422
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Good morning everyone...I just thought I would say, WE ARE LEAVING 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY! Leaving our house that is.

Gina, thank you for taking the time to come up with ideas for get togethers. I will be participating on a "drop in" basis. As much as I love to plan, ok, NEED to plan, with 3 kids of my own and traveling with a group of 12, it's hard to commit to activities once onboard. I'm sure I will be able to make it to 1 or more, I just wont know until I get there. Hope that makes sense.
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #423
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

We don't drink either. In fact, I doubt that we will do any of the adult activities on board. I know that it will be easier to pinpoint family activities once we see the navigators but we will probably do the family crafts etc.

I don't think my kids will spend a lot of time in the Kids Clubs outside of Open House times. Samuel gets anxious and Nolan is so far refusing to potty train. So we shall see, honestly I'd rather have them with us having fun. I know that he's expressed interest in the pajama party that they show on the DVD and if he makes friends I'm sure he'd be more likely to want to go.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #424
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Walt Disney World's Big Thunder Mountain RR should be operational when our cruise visits on February 19, 2013. It is Disneyland's BTMRR that will close in January 2013 for refurbishment. Here is an article from the Disney Parks Blog about the refurbishment: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sneyland-park/.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #425
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We don't drink either, or rather my husband doesn't drink and therefore I drink only minimally.

As for activities, we typically just decide on a day-by-day basis what we're going to do. I'm not sure if the three-year-old will be as into the kids club as her sister so that's a factor too.

I'll stay up-to-date with what activities everyone is doing and will join in as I can!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #426
tryin
Mouseketeer

I dont drink either,but am interested in doing some shuffleboard. When is the deadline to join the 3rd FEE?
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #427
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Tryin - We have not yet set a deadline to join the 3rd FEE. The 3rd group currently has 7 cabins (6 families). Would you like to join the 3rd FEE group?

For those that are In the 3rd group, how do you feel about closing that group on January 1st? That would give everyone about 6 weeks to work on their gifts. Let me know what you all think about that date or if that is too close to the cruise.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #428
FSU88
Mouseketeer

That sounds fine to me, and I would even be open to a later deadline if someone else wanted to join. The more the merrier!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #429
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Wanted to see who might be interested in some specific activities in general, and then when 8-night Navigators come out we'll already have an interest list to go by. It's so much more fun to do activities together with other DIS'ers!

So here are some thoughts off the top of my head -- just let me know which ones sound like something you'd like to be a part of with your new friends here, and I'll get a list going. This doesn't commit you to anything -- just want to see who might be interested in what.

Bingo
Wine Tasting
Beer Tasting
Group Trivia
Magic Quest (Would be SO fun to have a team of only DIS'ers for this)
Other (What fun stuff am I missing?)

Wine Tasting sounds fun

Trivia

Magic Quest. Is this like an adult version of MagiQuest? The only info I found was it seems to be some sort of scavenger hunt.

Ping Pong?

We are pretty open to anything.
Jeff
Old 12-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #430
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I would post the link to a youtube video for Magic Quest, but I want to be sure we have some guys on the team. Trust me, it will be fun.

Ping Pong - you can count me in for that Jeff.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #431
tryin
Mouseketeer

Yes please sign me up if you can. I' m gty though, so no cabin number yet. Mis that okay?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #432
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Tryin- I just sent you a PM. I know you need 10 posts to send a PM, but I hope you don't need 10 to read them as well. If so, you may need to make a couple of other quick posts.

Beth

Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #433
tryin
Mouseketeer

No, I haven't received the PM, hopefully, this post should do it.

NM-got it!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #434
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I would post the link to a youtube video for Magic Quest, but I want to be sure we have some guys on the team. Trust me, it will be fun.

Ping Pong - you can count me in for that Jeff.
Ha, I found a video of it. I think some anticiapted some of the things the host asked for. 2 seconds after he asked for someone to be waiving a bra over their head 4 or 5 people were already up on stage twirlng away. There may be someone that adept to remove a bra that fast, but 5 of them.
This may be my kind of game.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #435
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
Ha, I found a video of it. I think some anticiapted some of the things the host asked for. 2 seconds after he asked for someone to be waiving a bra over their head 4 or 5 people were already up on stage twirlng away. There may be someone that adept to remove a bra that fast, but 5 of them.
This may be my kind of game.

Magic Quest is a HOOT!! And just so much crazy fun, especially if you have guys on your team who get into the spirit of it and just run with it. It's a very memorable night, that's for sure.

Not as participatory, unless you're one of the three couples, but just as fun to watch is "Match Your Mate." Some of the questions - and answers! - can get kinda crazy! It's a lot of fun.

Went and played trivia last night to practice my l33t trivia skillz and won a few games, but I'm hoping some of you out there are less brain-dead than I am when it comes to geography and history. UGH. Give me pop culture questions, and I'm happy.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: