Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #391
FSU88
Mouseketeer

FEE Cabin locations

Here is an updated FEE cabin map
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8858/ffedeckplan2.jpg

updated 12/30

Last edited by FSU88; 12-30-2012 at 09:38 PM.
FSU88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #392
Ichiban
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishy24 View Post
has anybody purchased their airline tickets for February yet? I haven't even begun to look... Where are you flying in to?
We finally got our flights straightened out. We are flying into IAH on Thurs night and we are leaving from HOU on Sat afternoon. We have a room reserved in Galveston, but I am still waiting to figure out our ground transportation. We will probably hire a private car to take us to/from Galveston because it's not that much more than Disney's transfers.
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #393
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Jeff, for the updated FEE Cabin list and excellent explanation of the FEE. Is there anyone else who joined the board or who is lurking that would like to join the 3rd FEE group? If so, just let me know and I will get you all set up.

I had planned to work on my FEE gifts today, but I am back to working on my basement remodel. My dream was to have that done before Christmas, but then I gave up on it when my brother said he wasn't coming this year. However, he called a couple of days ago and said he had a change of heart and would be home for the holidays. I am beyond thrilled, but now am in the mad rush to get the remodel done.

Now I just need to find a good balance so I can get my FEE gifts made.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #394
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Julia was planning to go to the Edge this time. We cruised on the Dream in 2011 and she didn't enjoy the Lab very much - too many little kids running around screaming was her description. I think she spent maybe 2 hours there during the entire 4-day cruise. Do you know if she's able to go to both, or must she make a decision and stick with it for the entire cruise? I told her even if she and Elyssa aren't in the same kids area, they can still chat in advance and plan activities together on the cruise.
I have no idea - I haven't had that problem before. And of course they can still do things together. Elyssa got Julia's email today and was so excited, she had to show me.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #395
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
I've got an 10 year old girl (who of course is also limited to the Oceaneer's Lab) who feels the sole purpose of going on any cruise is to meet a new cruise BFF to hang out in the kids club with and to email with after the cruise, so I will talk to her and if she says yes I will PM you with her email address.
That would be great! My girl is a social girl - the more friends the better. She starts off shy, but gets over it quickly.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #396
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Hey Katie, do you think you could maybe add the links and important dates/times to the first page so they're easy to find? I think that would help a lot of people, since the thread has gotten so wonderfully busy and long! (A good problem to have! )
-gina-
I would LOVE to do that....if I knew how. If anyone knows how to do that, I'm on it! Anything else yall would like to see on page 1 if I figure it out? Maybe the FEE link and Jeff's fantabulous cabin locator graphic?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #397
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
I would LOVE to do that....if I knew how. If anyone knows how to do that, I'm on it! Anything else yall would like to see on page 1 if I figure it out? Maybe the FEE link and Jeff's fantabulous cabin locator graphic?

Lol! Easy peasy... Just go back to that first post you made, click "edit" at the bottom right, click "go advanced" after that, and edit away! And yeah, I think it would be great to have all the FEE info and Jeff's awesome graphic! Anything that people might like to refer back to. Whatever you feel like putting, it's your thread!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #398
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Jeff, the map looks great! Thanks for doing all that work.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #399
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Lol! Easy peasy... Just go back to that first post you made, click "edit" at the bottom right, click "go advanced" after that, and edit away! And yeah, I think it would be great to have all the FEE info and Jeff's awesome graphic! Anything that people might like to refer back to. Whatever you feel like putting, it's your thread!
Wait...MY thread??? It's too much pressure!!! I was reading through the first couple of pages and was laughing at how it was just the two of us for so long!

Thanks for the instructions. I think I did it right. Please feel free to check it. Also, I put the link for the FEE doc. Is that ok with everyone? If not, let me know and I'll take it down as soon as you say the word!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #400
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Can anyone who clicks on the link see it or just those who have been invited to it? There is a lot of personal information there, that's my only concern. I'm not sure I want just anyone to be able to see my kids' names and our cabin number.

Is it possible to close our FB group too? I have the same concern with that link too. If you don't know how to do a closed group Julie, I am an admin of a closed group so I can help you if you need help.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #401
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
Can anyone who clicks on the link see it or just those who have been invited to it? There is a lot of personal information there, that's my only concern. I'm not sure I want just anyone to be able to see my kids' names and our cabin number.

Is it possible to close our FB group too? I have the same concern with that link too. If you don't know how to do a closed group Julie, I am an admin of a closed group so I can help you if you need help.
Yep, anyone could see it. I went ahead and took it down. I'm a little more open with my info online just because I work online all day so it's just an accepted part of life.

As for the FB group, you're right. I signed in as my mom and I could see everything, I just couldn't post/like anything. I'm not the admin of that, though and the link is already all over the board so I can't remove it from everywhere. Sounds like having Julie make it a closed group is the best way to go. Not that I'm trying to shirk responsibility here!

Let me know if that works!! In the meantime, I'll take the link down from page 1 until it's all privatized. Now that I know how to edit it, I can add the link back in a jiffy when everyone is comfortable with it!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #402
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Wait...MY thread??? It's too much pressure!!! I was reading through the first couple of pages and was laughing at how it was just the two of us for so long!

Thanks for the instructions. I think I did it right. Please feel free to check it. Also, I put the link for the FEE doc. Is that ok with everyone? If not, let me know and I'll take it down as soon as you say the word!

I know, I thought we had somehow scared everyone away from our sailing for a long time!! Or had at least scared everyone away from the meet thread, lol.

Your edit looks great!! I know there are a lot of cruise newbies, or at least DCL newbies, so maybe when you have time you could link like deck plans, menus, whatever? I wish I could help you with it!! I'm so bored here at work right now, I'd love something cruise-related to do, lol. I would try and think about my FEE stuff, but since pictures in threads are blocked here, I can't do much there. Think I'll just daydream for a while.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #403
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
I know, I thought we had somehow scared everyone away from our sailing for a long time!! Or had at least scared everyone away from the meet thread, lol.

Your edit looks great!! I know there are a lot of cruise newbies, or at least DCL newbies, so maybe when you have time you could link like deck plans, menus, whatever? I wish I could help you with it!! I'm so bored here at work right now, I'd love something cruise-related to do, lol. I would try and think about my FEE stuff, but since pictures in threads are blocked here, I can't do much there. Think I'll just daydream for a while.
Ha! Too funny. Since I started it almost a year out, it was just me by myself for a lot longer. It's a wonder I didn't crack up!!

Linking all that stuff sounds awesome! I am actually trying to get some things done today, though. That darn little email that keeps popping up telling me someone has posted something is distracting me though!! If you're bored, do you wanna gather up some links and shoot them over to me? You can PM me or email me (kpetty@springisd.org) and I'll add them later tonight once the kiddos are in bed.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #404
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I can't wait until they start doing the 8 night sailings so we can get a better idea of which nights are rotation and what other menus on what night.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #405
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Ok, so actually working didn't last too long. *sigh* I can't stay away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
I can't wait until they start doing the 8 night sailings so we can get a better idea of which nights are rotation and what other menus on what night.
Ok, weirdest thing ever. A notification popped up in my email that had your post SnipsNSnails, but it had a link to the menus too. The link in my email didn't work so I signed in here to get it and post it and it's not in your post. Am I crazy?? Maybe disboards was just tricking me to get me to sign back in today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: