Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #286
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I wanted to let everyone in the second group for the FEE know that Tina (BlueGreen) was put in on line 8 and that Katie (Kpetty725) will just be in group one. Thanks again Katie for making space. We have a great group here.

My Fish Extenders should finally be done tomorrow for our 2 cabins. I am so proud of what I made. I thought about posting a picture, but also thought about not having everyone see them until you visit our cabins. Decisions... Decisions...
Definitely a good group! I've never actually done the cruise this way and it's making it so much more fun. Of course, it's causing me to dwell endlessly on the time left until we sail too!

I know what you mean about wanting to post pics but then not wanting to. I'm DYING to show yall what I made...at least for the kids. Not sure if I'm gonna make it....hiding Christmas presents, hiding FEE gifts, I'm going crazy over here!!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #287
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I made another column on the spreadsheet for the FEE for allergies. If anyone has any allergies please list them there or let me know to add them. My son Christopher is highly allergic to peanuts. Candy is fine for my boys, but please nothing with peanuts or processed in a plant that does peanuts for our cabins as we will be a "peanut free" zone. Thanks!

I still can't imagine how so many of you are keeping the cruise a secret from your kids. My FEE stuff is all over the house. Can't imagine finding space to hide that and Christmas gifts. Do you have big closets Katie?

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #288
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Is there anyone who could shoot me the spreadsheet in Excel right quick? I have it at home, but can't access Google docs here at work and need to see it. I can PM you with my email address. Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #289
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I made another column on the spreadsheet for the FEE for allergies. If anyone has any allergies please list them there or let me know to add them. My son Christopher is highly allergic to peanuts. Candy is fine for my boys, but please nothing with peanuts or processed in a plant that does peanuts for our cabins as we will be a "peanut free" zone. Thanks!

I still can't imagine how so many of you are keeping the cruise a secret from your kids. My FEE stuff is all over the house. Can't imagine finding space to hide that and Christmas gifts. Do you have big closets Katie?
Yep-It's still a secret around here! I only have one thing for our FEE so far, & it's pretty small, so it's hiding w/ Christmas gifts.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #290
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I don't know how you all do it either. I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. I had a horrible time because we waited almost a week for the right time when my parents could be there to see their reaction. That about killed me!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #291
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Ok, so random question. I've always requested the early dining time because it works better with young kids; however, I've never tried to request a specific dining rotation. Can you do that? I thought I had seen someone say on here that they had but I can't find that post (not surprising since we're up to 19 pages!!). I always get stuck in Parrot Cay on the last night which means we have to go there for breakfast and I'm really not a fan of that restaurant. It's too loud for me (visually and auditorally? auditarily? audioly? oh heck...sound! LOL)
I think my question got missed in all the FEE fun. That or no one had an answer. Just thought I'd try again before bugging the DCL people. Oh wait...does that mean I'm bugging yall?

Old 11-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #292
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

You can call DCL to request a dining rotation. They will guarantee it, but will try. Also if you do call in can you find out what the rotations will be and when semi-formal and formal nights are?
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #293
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

Sorry I mean they will "not" guarantee the rotation. That one missing word changes things
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #294
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

KPetty,

Of course you are not bugging, I think there are a lot of us that love to distract ourselves with anything to do with our upcoming cruise.

From all the boards I have read people have all kinds of reasons for requesting a certain dining rotation. I have never done it, but I understand a common reason is to end up in one of the more formal themed restaurants for formal night. I've been thinking about it, but I probably won't bother.

I have also read that if you don't get your requested dining rotation then you should immediately go to guest services on the first afternoon to request it again when there will be others requesting changes as well.

According to the Disney Moms panel in response to a question about our specific cruise date, "The schedule is always subject to change, but here is what is currently planned for your sailing: Day One-Cruise Casual, Day Two-Formal Night, Day Three-Cruise Casual, Day Four-Cruise Casual, Day Five-Cruise Casual, Day Six-Pirate/Cruise Casual, Day Seven-Semi-Formal, and Day Eight- Cruise Casual."
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #295
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
KPetty,

Of course you are not bugging, I think there are a lot of us that love to distract ourselves with anything to do with our upcoming cruise.
ITA!!!

(but I have no additional info for you-sorry!)

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #296
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Florida Fun,

I just don't know how people can keep it a secret either. My husband and I agreed that it would be given as a Christmas surprise for our kids, and we managed to keep that secret for 3 whole days! I know we're pathetic, but the excitement was too much to contain.
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #297
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks all! I'll call tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

I am horrible with secrets. I hate being surprised myself so I don't often try very hard except for the kids. Of course, to make a total liar out of myself I'm currently planning a huge surprise for my husband's 40th bday this weekend. I've told everyone I know (in person and online) just to keep myself from spilling the beans to him and I'm still dropping hints like crazy. It's pathetic, really. Ah well, he's sure to like it anyway!!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #298
FSU88
Mouseketeer

New to the boards and on the Feb 15th sailing

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to these boards, after finding it while doing searches for our upcoming Cruise on the Magic. I'm just getting used to all of the abbreviations and unique tags you guys use, so bear with me as I get familiar with them.

My name is Jeff, and along with my wife Linda and son Bryce, we will be sailing on the Feb 15th cruise from Galveston. Our son will be turning 11 on the cruise so that makes this one all the more special.

First let me thank this site and the forums for offering some very useful advice. I can sit and read trip reports until the wee hours of the morning. I find the TRs very fascinating and hope to get one posted after our trip. We have some prior history with Disney, having gone to WDW in 2009, staying at the Wilderness Lodge and then again in 2011, staying at The Boardwalk Villas. We love the park and we have been looking at cruises for a few years now and decided to make our first one on DCL. We were not really planning on going during this time of year, but after I saw the KSF offer for the Galveston sailings, and that it included a day at WDW, we pulled the trigger. I did find getting to the Port of Galveston more challenging than if we were planning a trip from Canaveral, but I was able to get some decent airfare from Columbus OH. We have to drive a bit farther than if we flew from Detroit, but RT fares were over $150.00 less per person from CMH. We are flying in the day of the cruise, which was not ideal, but too many other factors prevented us from flying in the day before.

The whole FE exchange really intrigues me. I've read through most of the posts here and have done some other research as to what they are and we are in if you do get a 3rd group going. I understand the need to put a cut off on the participation and know that date has now passed, so if an opening to be on the list does not open up, no worries at all. If we do get on the list, just let me know and I'll gear up. We will definelty be decorating the door, those add-ons to the room number plaque look pretty cool.

Let me know if changing the font size is bad etiquette. I'm 46, and as sad as it makes me, my eyes are just not what they used to be and if I sit far enough away from the screen to see, I can no longer reach the keyboard to type. A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the drift.

Anyway, thanks again for all the members on here that take time to help newbies like me.

Jeff

Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #299
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Welcome Jeff! I've been on disboards for a while and still struggle with the acronyms sometimes so no worries there!

Glad you decided to sail with DCL. Best cruises ever!! :-)

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #300
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Jeff ~ Welcome to the party!! And welcome to your new addiction... A Disney cruise is like the best of both worlds -- all the characters and fun of a Disney World trip, as well as the level of service and detail that only Disney does so well, along with the sheer relaxation and bliss of a cruise. Y'all are going to LOVE it. Please ask away if you have any questions -- I don't think any of us here have any problem talking (and talking and talking!) about Disney cruising.

Katie, I've always requested PLAPLAP for a rotation (on the 7-nighters), because I like being in Lumiere's for formal night. Thanks to SunshineCruisers' info, now I know to request that again!

And please don't think you're ever bugging anyone... I can only speak for myself, but I know I think about replying and then get all busy and then forget and you know... I really need to do better!!

So am I the only one stressing out about the FEE?? I still have NO idea what I'm going to do... and have the creativity of a dead houseplant, lol. And precious little $$. Ugh!! It's fun but stressful at the same time.

I can't believe tomorrow is already December... we're going to blink and it'll be cruise time!!!

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: