Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #196
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Welcome to all the new cruisers! The cut-off date works fine for me too. We have 1 more cabin traveling with us, but they haven't joined yet, not sure if they will or not. I will let them know they need to decide by then.
I too don't like posting on FB when I will be out of town...I do have a suggestion for the group name though..."Cruising to the World", sort of a play on words, instead to cruising around the world, since we will be cruising to WDW. Just an idea...take it or leave it.
I'll create a FB page for us tonight. Don't have time right now. I'll post when it's up and running and you can like the page or join the group (however it works on FB)
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #197
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
I'll create a FB page for us tonight. Don't have time right now. I'll post when it's up and running and you can like the page or join the group (however it works on FB)
OK I made a groups page on FB. I called it Disboards Castaway Crew. I set it up as closed group but I might have to change it to open if people can't join. Not exactly sure how it works on FB. I may have to approve everyone which is fine. Let me know if it doesn't work or you can't find it because then I'll know to change it to open or to send individual invites to anyone that wants to join.

A FB group has been made and hopefully it works. If it doesn't please bare with me. Group on FB is called Disboards Castaway Crew.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #198
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Katie - I have 3 boys, so happen to at least know what they like. With that said, my boys love everything Disney (can't begin to imagine how that happened!). Disney magnets, Disney pins, anything Disney with their name on it, Disney pens, water bottles, little flashlights, sand toys, anything they can put up in their rooms after the cruise to remember it by, and of course candy to take to the movies and shows. With that said, I should mention that my son Christopher is allergic to peanuts. If anyone would like to do candy for my boys that is fine, but please try and stay away from anything that contains peanuts or that was processed in a plant with peanuts as we will have peanut free cabins. Thank you all in advance.

Julie - I looked on Facebook, but could not find the group. With that said, I will be the first to admit to not being real good at facebook. I did PM you my email address if you want to try adding me for the group. Thanks for working on getting that set up.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #199
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
OK I made a groups page on FB. I called it Disboards Castaway Crew. I set it up as closed group but I might have to change it to open if people can't join. Not exactly sure how it works on FB. I may have to approve everyone which is fine. Let me know if it doesn't work or you can't find it because then I'll know to change it to open or to send individual invites to anyone that wants to join.

A FB group has been made and hopefully it works. If it doesn't please bare with me. Group on FB is called Disboards Castaway Crew.
I couldn't find it. Wonder if it has something to do w/ it being a closed group?

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #200
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

A closed group on FB requires an invitation. I'm in a closed group for grad school and someone sent me a notification to join.

Thanks for the tips on boy stuff AND the heads up on the allergy. We'll be sure to watch what we give! :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #201
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Hello fellow cruisers!

We'll be joining you February 15th on the Magic. We just couldn't pass up another kids sail free cruise. We got in on the Alaska one a couple of years back and it was wonderful.

The crew includes me (Dawn) my DH (Ryan), DD age 14 (Josi) and DS age 12 (Chance). This is our 4th Disney cruise and we'll be celebrating DS's 12th birthday. His birthday is actually February 14th (my valentine baby) and he considers this cruise the best gift ever.

We will probably participate in the Fish Extender fun, but I will let you know for sure before the Thanksgiving cut off date. I'm glad the group looks to be smaller because our last one was almost 50 cabins and the group chose not to split even though we were supposed to. It was crazy, but still fun.

I'm also interested in joining the Facebook group so please let me know when that is available.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #202
happymama4874
Earning My Ears

Hey there!

Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be cruising on the Magic. We booked about a month ago, but I just discovered this board. I will be crushing along with my husband, our five year old son, and our four year old daughter. This will be the first cruise and first trip to WDW for the kids. We are so excited!

Jennifer
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #203
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama4874 View Post
Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be cruising on the Magic. We booked about a month ago, but I just discovered this board. I will be crushing along with my husband, our five year old son, and our four year old daughter. This will be the first cruise and first trip to WDW for the kids. We are so excited!

Jennifer
Welcome!

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #204
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

I am curious about who books directly though Disney, who uses a travel agent (which one if you did), and did anyone get onboard credits along with the Kids Sail Free?

Welcome Dawn and Jennifer!

Dawn- I also have a 12 year old son and there is a great group of boys in the families here that will be on the cruise.

Jennifer - My youngest son is also a match with you 5 year old. Good thing there are plenty of 10 year old boys on here too for my middle guy.

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #205
happymama4874
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I booked with Kristie @ Dreams and got the KSF with a $200 OBC. Such a great deal!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #206
SurpriseDW4Her BD
Earning My Ears

I booked with DCL... Lisa was super...
SurpriseDW4Her BD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #207
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Happymama - Is it Dreams that also gives some type of gift basket to cruisers that booked with them? $200 is a nice onboard credit.

SurpriseDW4HerBD - Are you taking your wife on a surprise cruise?

FEE - We are now at 14 cabins (12 families) for the FE exchange. If we get 2 more then I will split the group. 1 more and we will just stay at a group of 15. Please PM me if you need the link for the list if you signed up and did not get it already. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving will be the cut off to sign up for the FEE, so please let me know if you are interested and have not yet signed up.

Thanks,
Beth

Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #208
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
I am curious about who books directly though Disney, who uses a travel agent (which one if you did), and did anyone get onboard credits along with the Kids Sail Free?
I ALWAYS book directly through Disney. I refuse to pay someone to do what I can do myself. Of course, as a former CM, I know the ropes pretty well but still...travel agents are for overseas trips to me.

As for OBC, I actually lost mine when I switched to Kids Sail Free, along with my 10% discount for booking while we were last sailing. It still worked out better.

Seriously, though, if you think you will EVER cruise Disney again, book while you're on the ship. They'll let you book the cheapest cruise so you put the lowest amount down and then you just keep modifying your res until you get the itenerary/dates you want. As long as you remember to do this far enough in advance, there are no penalties and your discount still applies. We booked this cruise summer of 2011 before the dates even came out for 2013. Then, when a better deal came along, we switched. If there hadn't been a better deal, we still would have been happy. :-)

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #209
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

I fixed the FB group. I had to switch it to an open group so everyone can join. If I wanted to keep it a closed group I would have to invite each person and I don't know everyone's real name LOL I only know people by their disboards name :-) If we find we want to have it as a closed group I can change it but for now it's open so you can join. Disboards Castaway Crew is the group. Let me know if you still can't find it or if it doesn't work.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #210
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
I ALWAYS book directly through Disney. I refuse to pay someone to do what I can do myself. Of course, as a former CM, I know the ropes pretty well but still...travel agents are for overseas trips to me.

As for OBC, I actually lost mine when I switched to Kids Sail Free, along with my 10% discount for booking while we were last sailing. It still worked out better.
My travel agent doesn't charge anything. the price she gave me was the same I would have gotten if I booked directly through Disney. Plus she give an OBC. I too lost my OBC when I switched to the KSF price and I lost the OBC for using my disney visa. I guess you are only allowed one disney promotion at a time and the KSF was way better than the OBCs I lost. I still get to keep the credit from my travel agent b/c hers isn't considered Disney. Typically we don't use a travel agent but for our Disney cruises I do so I can get OBC.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: