Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #181
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Literally booked this cruise last night - YIKES! Won't feel real till we've paid in full, but I'm so excited!

We will be surprising the kids with the cruise as their Christmas gift (and ours, too for that matter!)

I'm definitely considering the FEE - but this will be our 1st time cruising, so I may need some hand-holding and help figuring everything out, LOL!

I suppose I should introduce our family - I'm Lori, DH is Matt, DS is Caleb (9) and DD is Ella (7)

Now to immerse myself in all things Disney Cruise! If only that pesky thing called "work" weren't around, I could accomplish so much!
Our kids are the same age! DS is 9 (Beckham) DD is 7 (Ainsley).
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #182
CaptCC
Earning My Ears

FE exchange Feb 15, Magic, Galveston,

Hi Im new here and I would like to join this FE group. I just wanted to know if you have a Facebook group for this FE as well? Thank you very much and have a magical day.
CaptCC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #183
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Hello CaptCC,

I tried looking on Facebook as I know some people organize there too, but am not real familiar with how Facebook works and could not find anything if there was one. If you know how Facebook works, can you let me know if you find a group there as well?

If you PM me your details, I can get you added to the FEE here.

Thanks,
Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #184
juliefsu
Mouseketeer

The last two cruises I went on we started a FB page. I am happy to start one if you want. I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.
juliefsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #185
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefsu View Post
Our kids are the same age! DS is 9 (Beckham) DD is 7 (Ainsley).
Sweet! I think we'll celebrate Caleb's 10th bday on board (his actual bday is March 2, but I think we might try to surprise him with something.)

Quote:
The last two cruises I went on we started a FB page. I am happy to start one if you want. I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.
I like this idea and I think it's smart not to have the date in the group name.

- Lori -
glorib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #186
FloridaFun
Mouseketeer

Julie- Thanks for offering to set up a page on Facebook. I think that will be good for people that are familiar with Facebook and their may be people looking for a group over there.

To keep the FEE manageable for everyone, if we get more than 15 cabins participating then I will split it into 2 groups. I will keep everyone updated on that. If we do get to the point that we are going to split the group, please let me know if there are certain people that you want to stay in a group with as I know there are several people participating that have relatives or friends also in the group. Also, let me know if you would like to be in both groups.

Right now we are still at 10 families (12 cabins). I think about 3 more people have expressed an interest in the FEE, but I do not have their details or a final confirmation. Is everyone okay if we do a sort of sign up cut of date of the day before Thanksgiving? I know that I need time to work on the gifts I am making and the holidays are so busy for me. Let me know what you think of that for a cut off.

Beth

Disney Dream August 2011 - Ruby Princess December 2011 - Carnival Triumph March 2012 - Can't wait to be on the Disney Magic February 2013
FloridaFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #187
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

FEE ideas for boys?

I've noticed that a lot of the kids we've got listed are boys. Since I live in a house full of pink and princess stuff, I'm a little rusty on what boys are into. Does anyone have any suggestions for FEE gifts that boys would enjoy?

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #188
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Hello CaptCC,

I tried looking on Facebook as I know some people organize there too, but am not real familiar with how Facebook works and could not find anything if there was one. If you know how Facebook works, can you let me know if you find a group there as well?

If you PM me your details, I can get you added to the FEE here.

Thanks,
Beth
I'll look for you, Beth.

Kimbo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #189
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo71 View Post
I'll look for you, Beth.
I couldn't find a group for our cruise on FB.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #190
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFun View Post
Is everyone okay if we do a sort of sign up cut of date of the day before Thanksgiving? I know that I need time to work on the gifts I am making and the holidays are so busy for me. Let me know what you think of that for a cut off.

Beth
That cut off is fine w/ me.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #191
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.
Good thought. (although I don't have a good name idea other than that. Creativity isn't my strong point! lol!)

Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #192
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Before Thanksgiving works for me!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #193
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Welcome to all the new cruisers! The cut-off date works fine for me too. We have 1 more cabin traveling with us, but they haven't joined yet, not sure if they will or not. I will let them know they need to decide by then.
I too don't like posting on FB when I will be out of town...I do have a suggestion for the group name though..."Cruising to the World", sort of a play on words, instead to cruising around the world, since we will be cruising to WDW. Just an idea...take it or leave it.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #194
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
I too don't like posting on FB when I will be out of town...I do have a suggestion for the group name though..."Cruising to the World", sort of a play on words, instead to cruising around the world, since we will be cruising to WDW. Just an idea...take it or leave it.
Cute!!! I love it!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #195
Kimbo71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Cute!!! I love it!
Me, too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: